- System Administrator with experience in working in environments with servers running Red Hat Linux, CentOS and Ubuntu. Looking for a career advancement opportunity in an organization that will help sharpen my technical skills and allow me to develop my knowledge in System Engineering.
- RHCSA Certified Linux System Administrator working with servers running Red Hat Linux and CentOS environments.
- Excellent working experience with troubleshooting RHEL, CENTOS and Ubuntu problem resolution.
- Expertise in LINUX based infrastructure installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Excellent working experience with DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, and SSL.
- Hands on understanding of the 2013 Manhattan Warehouse Management Operating Systems (WMOS).
- TIBCO Master Data Management (MDM) administration, TIBCO Jasper Report Compilation.
- Using Splunk and Nagios to monitor applications and servers
- Hands on using Docker Containers, Docker swarm
- Hands on experience using Dockerfile, Docker - compose to build and run docker images.
- Hands on experience using Confidential Terraform to configure AWS infrastructure
- Hands on experience using Confidential Vagrant to configure and setup virtual machines.
- Hands on experience using Git, GitHub, GitLab for version control and repository management
- Hands on Devops experience using Maven, Jenkins, Ansible to build CI/CD pipelines
- Oracle SQL Developer experience.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, VPC, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch
- Hands on experience of AWS, S3, EC2, EBS, VPC, ECS, Lambda, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CodeDeploy, CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeStar.
- Practical knowledge of Google Cloud Platform(GCP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A highly motivated, energetic individual, a team player with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Linux/AWS DevOps Engineer- Trainee
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Administration: Design, implement, monitor and maintain AWS environment leveraging products such as EC2, RDS, ElastiCache.
- Use vagrant to set up virtual machines
- Configure OpenSCAP tool to scan Virtual Machines for Security and Configuration best practicess
- Maintain and leverage Configuration/Systems Management tools such as Chef, Ansible, AWS developer tools such as CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy and CodePipeline
- Configure and setup run nginx and apache webservers.
- Maintain and manage large scale AWS EC2 instance with AWS systems manager for patches installation and automation of routine task of the company’s AWS infrastructure.
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, IAM through AWS Cloud information templates.
- Build with Docker- docker hub, pulling images from docker hub, running containers based on an image, creating Dockerfile to manage customized containers, exposing a container with port redirect, container volume management, docker inspect, docker commit to capture the file changes/settings into a new image and pushing the image to docker hub
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Maintain best practices of Infrastructure security through AWS IAM, Security Groups, NACL and Web Application firewalls.
- Collaborate with team to support the development process by employing tools and methodologies such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, GitLab, AWS CodeDeploy, unit testing and CI
- Configure and setup Docker containers on EC2 and deploy applications on the containers. Made sure deployed applications on the docker containers connect seamlessly to MySQL and NoSQL datatbases.
- Install splunk server and splunk forwarders for infrastructure monitoring.
- Linux Administration, including the provisioning and maintenance of Linux servers in both production and development environments
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
WMS Systems Administrator
- Provide Application support of Confidential Warehouse Management Systems to ensure they are highly available for production.
- Responsible for installation of application software with specific requirement to each Confidential Warehouse location.
- Ensure the installation of Manhattan WMOS software patches (SDNs) in all environments for day to day operations of Warehouse Management Systems.
- Work directly with the WMS Operations Teams for scheduled upgrades, modifications, patches and enhancements to 3rd party Application/Web servers with a focus on improving the performance and minimize downtime.
- Work directly with the WMS/Operations and DBA Teams to resolve API/database issues, including troubleshooting of 3rd party Applications (TIBCO MDM, SCI & Web servers.
- Implementation of monitoring procedures, standards and policies related to Application/Web Servers through Nagios Alerts and Splunk Alerts to ensure they are highly available to reduce any impact of downtime to production.
- Provide weekly maintenance of WMS.
- ServiceNow for ticket based IT software support.
- Hands on understanding of Python, HTML, XML.
- 24x7 on-call Support; this requires functional knowledge of all production systems and subsystems in order to facilitate and reduce impacts of downtown issues.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Linux System Administrator
- Install and configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers in both Physical and Virtual Environments.
- Deploy Virtual servers using templates and kick-start files.
- Use VMware VSPHERE, VMware Workstation, Oracle VM VirtualBox for virtualization infrastructure.
- Install and update packages using YUM/RPM.
- OS patches and updates.
- Setup NTP server and synchronized clients with NTP server
- Swap space management.
- Strong knowledge of storage management such as LVM, RAID, NFS, ZFS.
- Create specific File Systems for middleware developers and database teams (LVM).
- Support for high availability applications.
- Hands on knowledge of BASH Scripting for automation.
- Add new development user accounts, removing users, resetting user accounts in RHEL to allow new developers’ access to Red Hat Servers.
- Configure and Manage LDAP users.
- Troubleshoot services and applications through root cause analysis (DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, SSL, LDAP, SSH, FTP, HTTP).
- Manage firewall rules for new servers to enable communication & security using IPTABLES.
- Monitor and control disk space usage.
- Good understanding of NAGIOS configuration and monitoring for System Performance.
- Remedy for ticket-based IT Service Management Software.
- Write process and procedure documentation.
- Create documentation for operational procedures.
Linux System Administrator
- Support infrastructure environment comprising of RHEL 6.5, 6.6
- Perform patching of RHEL using yum and rpm
- Install and configure newly acquired equipment.
- Responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts
- Contribute to maintaining system documentation
- Implement critical system patches
- Manage and create custom file systems (LVM)
- Handle networking support
- Support senior staff to ensure customer requirements
- Change permissions of file systems
- Install Software, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software and connectivity problems in accordance with Service levels
- Use VMWARE to create snapshots, clones, and backups up servers before maintenance
Customer Service Representative
- Utilized problem-solving skills and demonstrate benefits of Rogers’s services to elevate customer retention and satisfaction.
- Booked technician appointments for customers when necessary.
- Guaranteed the active conversion of potential sales through effective probing of consumer needs, product recommendations and promotion- demonstrated by regular exceeding daily, weekly and monthly sales.
- Filed orders on behalf of customers and helped them with choose a price plan for their services.
- Achieved daily targets of 1 sale (Rogers Services) per 3 calls average.