A creative, self - motivated, people-oriented IT professional with a vast background in networking, medical IT, Server & network security technologies. Developed and implemented cost-effective business process enhancements and systems by creatively using existing infrastructure. Performed security audits, pen testing, IT and network vulnerability scanning on companies. Supervised and trained staff to identify and assist in security & break/fix tasks. Implement, maintain and resolve network, server & workstation security opportunities. Monitor SIEMs, LANs, WANs & firewalls for security opportunities. Recommend & implement PCI, SOX, NIST & HIPAA IT best security practices for companies. Understands information security and risk management as it applies to business objectives and workflows. Able to think outside the box.
Medical: Zeiss OCT Cirrus, Fuji, GE & Siemens medical imaging technology for all modalities, Kodak Carestream PACs, DICOM networking & VPN connectivity, Confidential EHR Pro & PM, eClinicalWorks, EyeMD, Meditech EMR, NextGen, NuMed, McKesson, Millennium, PDS, PointClickCare
Software: Bash, Office 365, MS Exchange Server 5.0-2013 (Domains, Clusters, Transactional Multi-Tenant), Epicor, Active Directory, Group Policy, BES, Cognos, MS SQL Server 6.5-2008, SUS, WSUS, SMS, CommVault, Backup Exec, Veam, Apache, IIS, Powershell
Load Balancer: F5 DNS Big IP Load Balancer Servers, Cisco ACE, NginX
Firewalls: Sonicwall appliances, Cisco PIX 505-525, ASA 5505 - 5555x, NGFW 2110s & 4120, Palo Alto 5220, Panorama
Networking: Appletalk, BGP, CDP, DHCP, DLC, DNS, EIGRP, Frame Relay, FTP, IPX, IMAP, ISDN, MPLS, OSPF, POP3, PPP, P2P, PIP Circuits, SNA, SMNP, SNMP, SSL, TCP/IP, TLS, TFTP, VLANs, VPLS, Metro Ethernet, Fiber connectivity, T1s-OC3s, VPN Site to Site tunnels, VPN Technologies
Wifi: Aruba, Cisco, Meraki, Sonicwall, EnGenius
OS: Linux, Windows 7 - 10, MS Server 2000 -2016, Citrix 1.7 - XP, Novell Netware 2-5.1, OS/2, MS Terminal ServerCentOS, AIX, NetBSD, SCO, Solaris, Ubuntu, VMWare ESX 3.5x-4.0x, ESXi 5.0 - 6.x
VoIP: Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Avaya, Grandstream / Asterisk, SureTel, H323, SIP Trunks
Hardware: AWS, Data Center technology, APC & Eaton UPSs, RS/6000s, EMC & HP SANs, HP Blade servers, most HP, IBM, Dell servers, Nortel layer 2/3 switching, IoT, Out of Band Server Management products, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
Cisco: ACS, Catalyst 9500, 9300, 6513, 6509, 5500 & 5000, 2950x, 2960x, 3750, 3750x, 3850x switches, VPN 3000 series concentrators, routers ASR1001xs - 4300s, ACS, ISE, Prime, UCS
E-Mail Security: IronPort C160 & IronPort C170 E-mail Security appliances, Symantec Bright Works Appliances, GFI Mail essentials, Symantec Mail Security
Security: Carbon Black, Cylance, McAfee & Splunk SIEMs, Nmap, NetStumbler, OpenDNS, Qualys, Snort, NessusWireshark
Network Management: PRTG, Solar Winds Orion & Engineering Tools, Spice Works, Syslog, What’s up Gold
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Responsible for designing, maintaining and supporting a diverse environment consisting of physical and virtual Linux & Windows servers, 2 VMware ESXi Vcenter’s, Nimble SANs, WAN, LANs and ASA firewalls with FirePower.
- Systems Administration -Supported a hybrid Azure windows domain with on premise, an offsite data center, Azure and AWS cloud technology. Migrated all internal & external company and client BIND DNS zones to Azure external DNS domains and Active Directory. Provided Tier I - III support for employees and customers for VPN, PCs, applications and servers. Provided email support for in house developed applications that relayed Postfix email to customers and O365 support.
- Network Engineering -Implemented and supported AD integrated Cisco VPN AnyConnect access for Macs & PCs for employees to WFH during the pandemic. Maintained, upgraded and supported Cisco ASA 5515x firewalls in a High Availability configuration. Upgraded internet connectivity to fiber technology. Tested and verified BGP failover configurations between 2 ISPs. Provided enterprise network security via Cylance, Syslog and FirePower. Managed and deployed all ssl certificates for Linux and Window servers.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Assisted corporate security in assessing, scanning and identifying security opportunities with the newly acquired Ransom Memorial Hospital.
- Migrated legacy ShoreTel VoIP phone system to the new Cisco network infrastructure
- Designed and implemented a new enterprise network infrastructure with redundant Cisco core 9500 switches, new network access layer Cisco 9300 switches, 5516X ASA firewalls, new IP subnet scheme, new Cisco APs, 10 gigabit fiber connectivity to Cisco 9300 access layer switches using layer 2 and layer 3 vlans. all new UPSs redid IDF racks & rooms and implemented new single mode fiber to the off-site offices.
Network & Security Engineer
- Provided support to the Confidential /Evergy INFOSEC team. Managed, supported & upgraded Cisco ASA 5516-X firewalls in HA cluster configurations at all the energy plants for Confidential .
- Upgraded and replaced all Cisco ASA 5516-X firewalls at all the Confidential plants to protect the energy plant control rooms.
- Supported DevOps and SCADA control room integration to corporate networks.
- Provide firewall support and security to the energy plant operations and plant application teams.
- Migrate Open BSD firewalls to Cisco NGFW technology to protect corporate and operation environments.
- Investigate potential threats and alerts using Splunk and other tools.
- Provide support to enterprise internet Palo Alto firewalls via Panorama.
- Endpoint Protection -Perform endpoint security monitoring, security event triage and incident response in an enterprise environment using Carbon Black, Splunk and other security tools. Support Carbon Black for the enterprise environment.
- Software Network Defined Access & Threat Intelligence -Supporting an enterprise project team to redesign the enterprise network from a Nortel to a Cisco environment.
- Helped implement Cisco Digital Network Architecture / DNA & Cisco Identity Service Engine / ISE technology corporate wide.
Senior Network Engineer
- Network Engineering -Provide Tier II & III enterprise network support to the Confidential offices & sites nationwide that utilize a MPLS WAN in a diverse Cisco environment. Supported Cisco enterprise switches, routers, WAPs, NAC, ASAs & AnyConnect VPN.
- Helped identify & investigate sites that needed more WAN bandwidth for users to be able to qualify for MPLS upgrades.
- Provided support to network infrastructure and projects in the secure USDA Kansas City NITC Data Center.
- Responsible for working in a controlled environment in which strict security standards must be maintained.
- Supported & participated in national pilot projects for Cisco VPN, Riverbed NetCollector, F5 BigIP and Box Sync cloud storage network applications.
- Network Engineering
- Assisted in Data Center upgrade projects to improve their worldwide IoT network & corporate LAN.
- Evaluated and made recommendations to improve network performance, network security and firewall configurations.
- VMware & Server Administration
- Built a VMWare ESXi environment to support corporate Linux and Windows shares,
- Mac backups and a development environment using Linux CentOS VMs.
Network Operations Manager
- Network Security -Identified & remediated security vulnerabilities on web commerce company websites, corporate LANs, ASA firewalls and servers. Identified and mitigated a security breach at the Boca Raton, FL office due to a compromised video security system from the vendor.
- Performed monthly security audits, pen testing and network vulnerability scanning on companies.
- Worked with the developers on web site security remediation as opportunities were identified.
- Evaluated new security tools and revised processes to identify security vulnerabilities.
- Supervised and trained my support staff to identify and assist in security tasks. Implemented managed Vipre and MalwareBytes on servers and PCs.
- Implemented, maintained and resolved network, server, workstation & video surveillance security opportunities.
- IT Director -Successfully managed Helpdesk staff & IT operations for 5 companies with a staff of 3 IT employees.
- Provided IT strategic technical direction for companies to meet business needs and objectives. Provided and directed managed Tier I - III support. Managed AWS corporate infrastructures and budgets.
- Network Engineering -Designed, implemented and maintained LANs, enterprise security and supported 5 companies.
- Maintained & supported LANs, Cisco 3850s, SonicWALL & Cisco ASA firewalls. Designed, implemented a WAN between companies and the COLO consisting of IPSEC site to site VPN tunnels between offices with Cisco ASA and SonicWALL NSA 4600 firewalls.
- Enterprise Email Engineer -Supported e-mail services consisting of cloud Office 365 and migrated postfix email to an on-premise COLO Exchange 2013 environment. Designed, implemented and supported a 10 domain multi-tenant transactional email system using an Exchange 2013 front end and back end enterprise architecture with a front-end IronPort C170 Mail Security appliance for web sites. Each email domain used 2 IPs for separate inbound and outbound email for a robust design.
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery -Researched, designed and planned DR and BC solutions for our major FL company. Presented different options to management. Implemented corporate cloud-based COLO email as part of an email migration project and for BC.
- VMware & Server Administration -Supported 8 VMware ESXi hosts & Microsoft server 2012R2 AD environments for Companies & COLO.
- Network & Server Support -Built and maintained VMware CentOS, Ubuntu & Windows development and test environments. Trained support staff to manage and build servers. Supported LAMP Stack, Docker & .Net Developers objectives & corporate projects. Supported & maintained 3 AD environments. Developed and implemented off site backup and disaster recovery plan and services for companies.
- Worked with corporate to install & configure McAfee SIEM for my 2 hospitals and 8 clinics. Investigated and remediated McAfee SIEM alerts for hospitals & clinics. Managed all user internet browser security via Websense for 2 hospitals & 8 clinics. Managed network security ASA 5505 firewalls for all clinics. Identified and investigated hospital security vulnerabilities, compromised devices and breaches. Provided support and options for mitigating 4 security breaches I discovered to corporate security.
- Network Engineering - Successfully provided LAN and WAN support in a 24 by 7 Nortel and Cisco environment for 2 hospitals consisting of over 2000 network devices, 2 Nortel 8610 cores, 96 switches, an Imaging Center and 7 medical offices on a VPLS/MPLS WAN and LANs. In charge of all Datacomm implementation & engineering for new clinics
- Network Architecture & Integration - Integrated medical practice offices and a nursing home into the PMC WAN as they were acquired. Implemented innovative HIPAA-compliant IT infrastructure networks and solutions for Prime Healthcare medical offices. Designed network solutions to meet business medical goals.
- PACs Technology Support - Provided network and PACS DICOM support to 2 Radiology depts., Cardiology and an Imaging Center for all modalities. Provided network engineering and server support for Cardiology GE Maclab upgrades.
- Server and VMware Administration - Provided Tier II & III server and application support for an enterprise Microsoft domain and VMware environment for 2 Hospitals. Managed and supported corporate AD & GPO environments. Successfully provided and maintained internet security with Websense security for both hospitals. Provided backup support to the server and VMWare administrator.
- Designed, implemented and maintained a WAN for 4 medical clinics via Cisco routers & P2P T1s for the Sunflower Medical Group. Designed & provided network support for the Sunflower Medical Group LANs using Cisco 3750 switch stacks. Supported Cisco, HP, Netgear, Zyxel, Linksys & Sonicwall WAPs, routers and switches for medical clinics and businesses. Provided remote VPN access for all types of applications for all types of businesses.
- Performed PCI and HIPAA security audits for clients. Implemented Eset Nod32 managed and unmanaged AV solutions, suggested and implemented desktop and network security recommendations to clients. Analyzed malware, rootkit and trojan attack vectors to be able to improve security posture for clients. Cleaned infected PCs and laptops for clients as needed and implement solutions to prevent infections. Educated clients on desktop and network security as it pertained to their business. Continuously evaluated client’s IT infrastructure for security vulnerabilities by managing firewalls, pen testing and provided options for remediation.
- Provided and implemented cost effective technology solutions to business problems and business workflows for medical offices and other types of businesses.
- Successfully implemented & provided support for windows 2000-2008R2 servers & terminal servers for clients. Upgraded client’s server RAID volumes to larger volumes using imaging technology. Installed & supported a broad range of applications for clients in Windows terminal server environments.
- Designed, implemented and supported 4 medical practices in robust Dell enterprise server environment using SQL, application servers and multiple terminal servers. Maintained and upgraded Confidential PM and EHR applications. Successfully provided Tier I-III support for all aspects of Confidential Professional EHR, interfaces and workflows. Engineered, implemented and supported Confidential Remote for smart phones for physicians.
- Successfully provided remote and on-site support for software, hardware, networking and PACs medical support for clients ranging from medical practices, sleep labs, medical imaging practices, nursing homes and small businesses in all business sectors for all kinds of issues.
- Supported, redesigned & implemented a Win7 migration for the Sunflower Medical Group sonogram dept. Successfully supported OmniVue PACs imaging in various networking and medical environments.
- Supported diverse network infrastructures for ACS clients from small to enterprise environments.
- Installed and troubleshoot different switches, firewalls and routers and related datacomm opportunities
- Successfully provided security services against Malware, Ransomware, rootkits, viruses and trojans for ACS client PCs and servers.
- Performed HIPAA security audits for clients.
- Successfully provided remote and onsite hardware, software and network support for ACS medical clients in different network environments for over 150 diverse clients and networks. Trained users for new applications & business workflows.
- Provided on going Windows server 2003 and server 2008 support and maintenance for medical clients in the Kansas City area for diverse network environments.
- Backup & Disaster Recovery -Provided support for Backup Exec & Datto DR technologies to clients.