SYSTEMS ENGINEER/ADMINISTRATOR with 25 years of diverse experience. Red Hat certified (RHCT). Change agent capable of learning quickly and willing to take on new challenges. Proven troubleshooting skills. Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities. Excellent at detail orientation to produce quality results. Experienced as a team leader and effective team member.
Operating Systems: Windows Server NT - 2012, Solaris 8 -10, Linux (Red Hat 4-7, CentOS 4-7), VMware Sphere 5 & 6
Hardware: Extensive knowledge of PC, server, network and storage/raid hardware (Dell, IBM, Sun, HP, Cisco UCS, Raritan, SuperMicro, NetApp, etc.)
- Responsible for: operational duties on Red Hat, Oracle Linux, SuseManager, Centrify, Appworx and Netapp.
- Responsible for: operational duties on Unix and Windows servers (Red Hat, CentOS, Windows 2008-2012 R2); operational duties on NAS environment (NetApp) and virtualization infrastructure (VMware, Hyper-V); installation of new servers (Unix, Windows), software and system upgrades/patches; performing system backup and recovery (Veeam); monitoring service queues for Unix NIS domain and Microsoft active directory domains (accounts, shares, permissions, groups, etc.); maintaining DNS records (Infoblox); using Puppet to maintain system compliance.
- Successfully updated Red Hat and CentOS kickstart system to near full media-less automation requiring little or no intervention from builder, lowering install time from 2-3 hours to 20 minutes.
- Successfully setup multiple 14 server secure Hadoop environments (segregated vlans, edge nodes, etc.).
- Established local repos for Red Hat and CentOS updates.
- Setup Hobbit/Xymon monitoring systems at two locations.
Systems Build Engineer/Project Manager
- Worked with external vendors and internal departments to ensure new projects were completed successfully from the design phase to the finished project stage.
- Provided technical advice regarding current and new build projects.
Systems Engineer/Project Manager/Migration Engineer
- Successfully completed several hundred server migrations from Eagan to Plymouth/Elk River locations.
- Completed requests for Firewall updates, F5 updates, SAN updates, NAS updates, server decommissions, new server requests (Windows, Unix), hardware & software updates, DNS updates/changes, database requests, etc.
- Supported 4 WebFOCUS environments on Windows 2003 and Solaris 10 servers.
- Resolved defects relating to a 7.1 to 7.6.9 WebFOCUS migration.
Systems Engineer/ Project Management
- Participated in strategic planning process by analyzing project impacts to corporate infrastructure.
- Provided project planning, trouble shooting and data moves to new system.
- Managed several data moves to NAS devices and IIS pages to new locations.
Systems Engineer/Infrastructure Integrator/Technical Analyst
- Analyze project scenarios with regards to the corporate infrastructure.
- Analyzed customer requests and provide project plans and cost estimates including hardware and architecture.