Data Center Architect
- Architect and Lead Implementation of VMware products and services
- Technical lead for deployment of HCI solutions, including VxRail, Nutanix, Datrium, SimpliVity & vSAN
- Develop client documentation and training for handoff after project completion
- Assist in the scoping of services and generation of Level of Efforts
- Assist with development of internal delivery processes and procedures
- Create Service deliverables (configuration guides, test plans, etc.)
- Assist with Pre - Sales activities including POC's, Client training
- Responsible for datacenter design and implementation using converged and hyperconverged solutions for the US DoD, Iono Solutions, Lifeboat Distribution, TranslateBio, Broadleaf Services, etc.
- Design and deploy virtualized solutions around Nutanix, AOS 4.x / 5.x AHV and ESXi to include vSphere infrastructure 6.x, Prism Element, Prism Central and Horizon View 6.x / 7.x
- Serve as virtualization technical lead.
- Manage Nutanix instances via Prism Element
- Deploy Nutanix nodes via foundation
- Design and deploy VMware vSphere 6.x and Horizon View 6.x / 7.x infrastructure, vSAN 6.x, AppVolumes & Nutanix HCI
- Deploy & configure VxRail
- Deploy & configure vRealize Automation 7.x
- Support and maintain Cisco UCS infrastructure
- Responsible for troubleshooting vSphere & Horizon Infrastructures
- Validate configuration & implementation plans
- Implement and maintain VMware vSphere 6.x & Horizon 6.x for the US Department of Defense.
- Responsible for implementation & maintenance of vRealize Operations Manager 6.x.
- Create custom dashboards and reports for vRealize Operations Manager 6.x.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of virtual infrastructure solutions using VMware's product suite.
- Manage and maintain Confidential ’s virtual desktop and server infrastructure across multiple datacenters consisting of over 40,000 virtual machines and servers
- Implemented and maintained VMware vSphere 5.x & VMware Horizon 5.x in production.
- Implemented and maintained VMware vSphere 6.x & VMware Horizon 6.x in laboratory environment.
- Experience with VMware ESXi 5.x/6.x, vSphere 5.x/6.x and Horizon View 5.x & 6.x implementation, migrations & upgrades
- Implemented and managed multiple vCenter Servers and hundreds of ESXi hosts.
- Managed and upgraded Cisco UCS M3/M4 B200 blades and HP DL785 and DL980 chassis
- Responsible for implementation & maintenance of vRealize Operations Management for Horizon View.
- Coordinated physical and virtual infrastructure upgrades and improvements
- Installed, configured, managed Virtual Update Manager including management of baselines and remediation of vCenter inventory objects
- Demonstrated strong analysis, communication skills and the ability to resolve complex technical problems.
- Identified, analyzed, and evaluated strategic alternative technology in the virtualization space towards business development and growth.
- Advanced documentation/presentation skills.
- Mentored less experienced systems consultants.
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Implemented, managed and maintained Windows Server 2003, 2008, SBS08, SBS2011, VMware ESXi 4.x / 5.x. Environments include physical and multi-host virtual environments.
- Administered Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010 and Windows Active Directory.
- Implemented backup solutions CA ArcServe, Acronis TrueImage Server, and Veeam Backup and Replication.
- Supported and managed various Firewall solutions such as Sonicwall and Cisco ASA5505. .
- Configured and performed troubleshooting LAN & WANs, switches and routers and firewalls.
- Managed on-going deployments, updates and prioritization of various application upgrades or development.
- Performed troubleshooting of VPN connectivity for remote users along with tunnel connectivity issues between customer sites
- Performed a wide variety of technical and administrative duties in overall systems design, development, and delivery.
- Identified, analyzed, and evaluated alternative technology design solutions in virtualization practice.
- Designed quality assurance procedures to ensure the deliverables meet established design and performance goals.
- Managed client server environment consisting of Windows Server 2003, SBS 2003, Server 2008 and SBS 2008
- Supported and deployed network infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment
- Performed server and network monitoring using OpManager network management utilities.
- Deployed, maintained and performed troubleshooting of servers in an Active Directory Environment. Managed mail servers running Exchange 2003/2007.
- Performed maintenance and software upgrades on servers during established maintenance windows.
- Administered update and deploy McAfee Enterprise 8.7i Antivirus & Antispyware via ePolicy Orchestrator Server. Deploy McAfee Agents.
- Performed troubleshooting, maintained and serviced both hardware and software for Windows Server 2003 and 2008.