Dynamic, technically sophisticated engineer with expertise in change management, program delivery, and continuous improvement. Over 20 years of hands - on experience in progressive roles. Proven ability to architect effective solutions. Excel in infrastructure design and maintenance. Personable and engaging leader with the communication skills needed to clearly convey technical concepts.
Cisco: Nexus 9k, 7k, 5k, 2k, 6509, 3560, 3750 switches, 7500, 5000, 4000, 3800, 2600x, Cisco ASA firewalls, 7200 routers, ASR9k, AWS EC2, S3, Snowball, Cloudformation, elastic loadbalancing, iam policy, elastic loadbalancing.
Protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, OSPF,MPLS, RIPv2, TCP/IP, HTTP, Frame-Relay, ATM, cloud deployment of EC2 instances, iam policy, snowball, S3 etc.
Implementation: AWS Direct connect, route 53, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP, VRRP/HSRP, Multicast, ACI, SDN-WAN with WRR, FIFO, Rate limiting, CAR, RED, RSVP, Custom Queuing, Priority Queuing, Weighted Fair Queuing
Platforms: Win 2000, NT 4.0, XP, Win 10/NT, UNIX, excell, Visio, remedy, Solarwind.
Senior Wireless Network Engineer
Confidential, Fort Myers, FL
- Orchestrated system-wide infrastructure standardization to achieve strategic priorities and enhance patient experience.
- Served as Subject Matter Expert in technical and operational management wireless network, Cisco wireless experience as an umbrella term covering every wireless technology including the Cisco Prime controller 3.3x series 7000 series code upgrades and use of Cisco DNA.
- Managed multiple concurrent projects to drive continuous improvements across the organization.
- Served as team player across IT department while supporting server/cloud team in migration from Amazon AWS Direct Connect to cloud.
- Leveraged Cisco DNA to execute remote deployments with security optimizations. Leveraged expertise in implementation and troubleshooting of VSS and VPC in 6800s and Nexus switches to enhance network. Gained hands-on experience in high-end Switches (Cisco Nexus7K, 5K, 2K, Cisco 6800, 6500, 4500, 3850, Client switches) and Routers (ASR 1001-X, Cisco Platform).
- Supported implementation of new CM and wireless system standard backed by enhanced security, Implementation of wireless systems, Meraki Wireless, Cisco Wireless, wireless controller, autonomous and lightweight APs.
- Delivered solution to cache Apple iCloud application updates from both guest Wi-Fi network and production.
- Perform testing and integration on Cisco access switches and building core switches, participate in data center planning, wireless access points, and wireless LAN controllers.
- Vocera Communication System - VoIP over Wireless System
- Tested and tuned-up new wireless controllers and new Cisco Nexus 9, 7, 5 and 2ks to enable new GCH expansion projects. Cisco ASA Firewall, Palo Alto, Firepower, VPN, WAN Optimization, F5, IPAM, Netscaler loadbalancer, Juniper SRX, inter VRF routing, QoS, Whatsapp Solarwind, wireshack packet capture for deep analysist.
Senior Cisco Solution Architect / Network - Team Lead
- Direct distributed team of on-site and offshore L3 / L3 Network Support Engineers to delivery 24 x 7 support.
- Partnered with Cisco TAC team to deliver escalation support beyond scope of support.
- Managed stakeholders and won buy in for changes and migration to Nexus NX-OS for ACI. Racked, stacked, configured, and determined UPS requirements.
- Troubleshooting network concepts including Cisco Wireless, wireless controller, AAA and SNMP and protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, STP, HSRP, and Load Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Implemented new Cloud tech projects Confidential STP, Maple Grove, and all global Data Centers owned by Confidential .
- Migration of Docker containers/server to AWS Cloud. Configuration of Cisco Nexus switches with 10 gig port aggregations with LACP for Bandwith improvement and reduancy.
- Leveraged Cisco - Prime to install and configure Cisco wireless Access point (Aps).
- Manage international corporate network of wireless LAN controllers through Cisco Prime,
- Reduced costs for end client by offshoring Data Center operation management and leading 13 remote Sr. Network Engineers in India.
Senior Cisco L3 engineer/Network Architect
- Delivered Level 3 24x7 support for Confidential Grocery chain's 12 store banners.
- Completed technical feasibility studies and implemented corrective actions to mitigate risks.
- Served as team lead during transition period.
- Designed training materials and developed high-performance teams.
- Implemented Incident and Change Management procedures and ITIL methodologies.
- Transitioned Albertsons stores to Boise, ID and remote locations through effective coordination.
- Upgraded Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000 NX-OS software from older code to newest, most stable versions.
- Designed and implemented WAN including Multi-Vendor MPLS for redundancy.
Senior, Cisco Technical Architecture/ Network Engineer
- Architected, engineered, and provided operation support for all network devices across client infrastructure. Provided Tier III/IV support for advanced network issues to include configuration, routing issues, performance, software bugs, and hardware failures, layer 2 and 3 vlan tagging.
- Collaborated with project managers, network architecture groups, and end-users.
- Collaborated with fellow senior leads to migrate data center from Minnesota to Chicago.
- Improved core campus internet link from 1gig to OC-3 and 10gig.
- Upgraded high-end catalyst switches such as 6800 and 6500.
Cisco L3/4 Network Engineer
- Ensured 24 x 7 NOC support for P&G global WAN/LAN network that spanned multiple countries.
- Troubleshot complex technical issues. Coached and mentored junior engineers and collaborated effectively with IT colleagues.
- Deployed Nexus 9000x and 9000x in Cincinnati Bell data center.
- Gained experience in consolidated networks (voice and data) and associated management technologies including QoS, Traffic Shaping, and Policing.
- Spearheaded change management through upgrade of iOS and Cisco switches and routers for MPLS migration project.
- Gained solid understanding of Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewalls and concepts including VPN, DMVPN, and NAT.
Sr Cisco Network Consultant
Confidential, Plymouth, Minnesota
- Carlson Companies -Client 24x7 365 Operation /Support/Implementation/Infrastructure refresh/Security compliance.
Confidential, St Paul, Minnesota
- Frame-Relay/ATM Migration to ISP-MPLS for client LAN/ WAN infrastructure.
Cisco Network Engineer
Confidential, St Paul, Minnesota
- Responsible for implementation of cut-over support for an international network upgrade project/Refresh.
Confidential, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Part of the team responsible for build, maintain and implementation of fiber channel on optical network devices.
Confidential. Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
- Troubleshooting IP telephony equipment & services for customers.
- Perform site surveys for cable installation, IP Telephony, DSL, dial-up Internet access, broadband, and cable TV disconnections.
- Tagging and toning of digital telephone lines and cables to improve signal flow.
- Transmission and transformation from analog to digital high-speed Internet.
- Set up cable box provisioning and installation on customer’s premises.
- Field installation of Cable broadband and streaming Architecture to Client site.