- IT professional with years of experience in DevOps, AWS Cloud platforms and its features, designing Build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management, CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment) process, Strong background in Linux Administration.
- Good Experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups and Proficient in DevOps essential tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Subversion (SVN), GIT, Hudson, Jenkins, Ant, Maven.
- Experienced in Writing Chef Recipes to automate build/deployment process.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such as Git, SVN.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with migration, automation and configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible or custom - built.
- Expert in automation (writing Shell, & Python scripts) to monitor LINUX/UNIX production applications.
- Automated the Continuous Build process, monitored, maintained, and controlled software configurations in secured distributed environment.
- Expert with Installation of Linux OS such as RHEL 5.0/6.0/7.0, CentOS, SUSE Linux, Ubuntu, and experience in windows administering Active Directory and group policies.
- Experience in Linux Virtualization implementations such as VMware.
- Experience with automating release process using Maven, Jenkins and Jira as tools in diversified project environment
- Extensively worked with Jenkins for CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies and for end to end automation for all build and deployments
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI (continuous Integration) process for major release and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds
- Build and deployment scripts using Ant and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move into different environments and create new jobs and branches through Jenkins
- Creating and managing user accounts, system security, change management, documents and procedures on Linux.
- Scripted internal automation via various scripting languages like Shell and Python.
- Expertise in Application deployment and environment configuration using Ansible.
- Experience in Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) managing Amazon Web Services infrastructure with automation and configuration management i.e. Ansible.
- Automate delivery pipeline using integration and infrastructure tools GIT, Jenkins and Ansible
- Expertise in systems performance monitoring & tuning: CPU, disk, memory and network utilization.
- Actively worked on Docker and deploying and maintaining Micro services in Dev& QA environment using Docker and Terraform.
- Used Terraform for servers/resource provisioning against AWS cloud provider and Ansible for configuration management.
- Monitored and deployed Java based applications
- Expertise in installing, configuration and administration of Tomcat.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, node.js, Python & to perform application health checks. Integrated AWS Lambda with AWS DynamoDB to automatically respond to events in DynamoDB streams.
- Experience with AWS services like EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, Route53, SES, SNS, RDS, CloudFront, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch etc.
- Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the Deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks, Chef cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins
- Experience in a DevOps Environment on various technologies/applications like Azure, GCP, Puppet, CHEF, GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, and ANT.
- Worked on microservices for continuous delivery environment using Docker and Jenkins
- Experience in working with continuous deployment tools like Puppet and Chef.
Area of work: Deployment/Migrations, Environment management, Configuration management, Production support.
Data Base: SQL, MySQL, Teradata.
Cloud services: AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Configuration management Tools: Ansible, Terraform,Packer, Chef
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo.
Management Tools: JIRA.
Virtualization Tools: VMware, VMware Workstation. TCP/IP, firewalls, VPN, IaaS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, log stash, Kibana, ELK
Version Control Tools: Git/Stash, Git, GitHub, SVN, CVS.
Web Servers Tools: Apache, Tomcat, Nexus, etc.
Build Tools & Container Services: Ant, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SR. AWS DevOps Engineer
- Function as a Infrastructure Engineer working closely with multiple teams for automation, managed operations and cloud security.
- Responsible for upkeeping multiple environments (Dev, QA, staging, production).
- Automated creation of every resource (EC2 instance, DNS entries, log groups) using Terraform and committed the code to code-commit for future reference.
- Created Palo-Alto firewalls to identify unknown malicious files, often used in targeted attacks, by directly and automatically executing them in a virtual cloud-based environment.
- Installed Nginx webservers and configured redirects.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on Apache and IIS.
- Installed and configured configuration tools such as Chef Server/workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes. And involved in Upgrade of Bamboo &Artifactory Server.
- Created run-books for patching operating system of all the environments to carry out the OS patching smoothly and worked with application SME for functional testing after all the instances are patched.
- Ran the Nessus scan to detect the vulnerabilities before patching and after patching the servers.
- Installed and ran the CloudWatch agent on all the instances to pull application/operational logs and stream it to CloudWatch log groups.
- Created CloudWatch alerts to notify support team in the event of high CPU utilization, high diskspace utilization, high network utilization etc.
- Built backend REST API with nodeJS, ExpressJS and also Implemented modules into nodeJS to integrate with designs and requirement.
- Created AWS Config to track resources inventory and configuration changes.
- Integrated AWS infrastructure with RedLock to alert/notify support team if any of the resources are non-compliant with CIS, HIPPA & NIST standards.
- Implemented Security groups in the infrastructure. Worked with different application SME’s to understand what ports are required for application to work.
- Worked with Security Information and event management team (SIEM) and integrated the infrastructure with QRadar to seamlessly ship all the logs.
- Designed, deployed and maintained AWS virtual private cloud (VPC) infrastructure.
- Audit existing AWS security rules and propose changes to enhance infrastructure security.
- Worked with audit team and created artifacts, run-books and POAMs for CIS and NIST Audit controls.
- Responsible for integrating AWS logging components (CloudTrail, CloudWatch) with IBM QRadar.
- Setup and built AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Configured auto scaling in customized VPC, based on elastic load balancer (ELB) traffic and using ELB health check to trigger auto scaling actions.
- Used Terraform as Infrastructure as a code to build the infrastructure on AWS.
- Migrated present Linux environment to AWS by creating and executing a migration plan, deployed EC2 instances in VPC, configured security groups & NACL's, attached profiles and roles using AWS Cloud Formation templates and Ansible modules. Using Chef, deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Deployed and maintained production environment using AWS EC2 instances and Elastic Container Services with Docker.
- Worked with various teams to support and optimize the AWS cloud infrastructure for production, staging and development environments, troubleshoot performance issues, and resolve production incidents.Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images(Linux/ Ubuntu) and configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins for deployment and build management system.
- Implemented the Design and develop of Microsoft AZURE based application (Iaas and Paas) on private cloud and mentor team.
- Involved in container management using Docker by writing Docker files and enforced setting up the automated build on Docker HUB and worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Written deployment scripts in Shell and Ruby including shell script in Jenkins jobs to do pre and post build operations.
- Expert Knowledge in Bash Shell Scripting, Automation of cron Jobs.
- Implemented Continuous integration and Continuous Delivery process using Git/SVN, Jenkins, Maven, Chef and Rundeck.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Developed micro service on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Written some Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments and automated infrastructure provisioning occasionally with Terraform and Packer in place of Chef and even automated the image build process using Packer.
- Able to create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme and notification schemes in JIRA.
- Involved in the centralized logging and monitoring stack of Elastic search, Log stash, and Kibana to built real time monitoring dashboards to ensure high availability of the Cloud Control Plane.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
Environment: EC2, S3, auto scaling, AMI, ELB, EBS, IAM, RDS, DNS, cloud watch, route53, VPC, Terraform, BASH, APACHE/TOMCAT, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira, GIT, Azure (Azure VMs, Storage, Virtual Network), Nagios, Ruby, Python, Shell Scripts, UNIX/Linux Environment.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
AWS/DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Worked on Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, Redhat, 5.x.6.x, Ubuntu 12.x, 14.x.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server.
- Microservice API development using nodeJS, KOA, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Used Bootstrap Script for launching large number of instances in AWS and utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Used MongoDB and MySQL databases in Web API development. Developed database migrations using SQL Alchemy Migration. Consumed SOAP and Rest Webservices. Utilized node.JS, mongo DB and Express to create Restful API's.
- Used Ansible for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Deployed OpenStack workloads onto AWS. Migrated cloud formation scripts of OpenStack to AWS templates to setup VPC.
- Deployed the initial Azure components like AZURE Virtual Networks, Azure Application Gateway, Azure Storage and Affinity groups and configured AZURE Multi-Factor Authentication as a part of Azure AD Premium to securely authenticate users.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Handled setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic Host, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances).
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes. Used Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Deployed Java applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked with Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Scheduled jobs using AnsibleTowerand have written Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. This primarily consists of a Jenkins, Sonar server and Vagrant, for the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, etc.
- Utilized SPLUNK for log analyzing and improving the performance of servers and have done Issue identification, data analysis and security analysis.
- Monitored servers using tools like BMC and Nagios and providing 24x7 supports on call rotation basis.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, setup the Elastic search ELK Stack to collect, search and analyze log files from across servers. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack.
- Integrated JIRA with Atlassian Confluence and/or Stash.
- Interfaced and coordinated with management (development managers, QA managers, product managers, project managers) during the entire product development life cycle (development, packaging, installing, Alpha testing, Beta testing, external release, porting) of multiple products on multiple heterogeneous platforms.
- Performed acceptance testing, if the software is good, archiving the files into clearcase and informing the software testing department.
- Automated scripts to create the common folder structure defined by CM plan for all new projects. Wrote scripts to create and apply label to files/folders automatically before submission.
- Written shell scripts to automatically label ‘required’ files/folders based on certain criteria.Worked as a DevOps Engineer with a team that involves different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases
- Configured, monitored, and automated AWS as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform on AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS (Elastic Block Store)
- Involved in CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, Chef, Terraform and AWS.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day subversion/Git support for different projects.
- Written Terraform templates, chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them into chef server for configuring EC2 instances.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker Containerization.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services for deploying EC2 instances consisting of various flavors viz. RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu in Linux and Windows.
- Performed day to day operations and troubleshooting of VMs.
- Created the AWS security groups to enable firewall.
- Configured and managed Nagios for monitoring over existing AWS cloud platform.
- Automated Linux production server setup using Puppet scripts. Documented release build and source control processes and plans.
- Good experience in Amazon Web Services environment and good knowledge of AWS services like Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, Elastic File system, RDS, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch, Cloud trail, Cloud Formation.
- Initiating Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and managing and configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Configuring of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with networking of subnets containing servers.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Built DNS system in EC2and managed all DNS related tasks. Managed the configuration of the applications using chef.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud watch and Route 53), Node.js, Azure (Azure Active Directory, Jenkins, Docker,Ansible, Splunk, Jira, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Java, Maven, Nexus, Puppet, Nginix, and GIT.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Linux / UNIX System Administrator
- Installed, upgraded and configured RHEL 6.x/5.x/7. x. This included Kickstart Installation and CD media.
- Installed/Configured WebSphere and other Application Servers.
- Installed, configured and administration of Application Server 6.x, Network Deployment, on Linux.
- Configure and administered Apache web and VSFTPD services.
- Migrated the RHEL 5.x Server from old version to new RHEL 6.x.
- Installation and configuration of LVM.
- Installed RPM packages on Linux Servers.
- Configured and administrated LPARs.
- Management of Linux and user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Configuration of DHCP Server on Linux to get the IP Addresses Dynamically.
- Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, LAN, NFS, NIS and Sendmail in RedHat Linux
- Performance and Troubleshooting tools - VMSTAT, MPSTAT, IOSTAT, TCPDUMP etc.
- Configuration and Maintenance of AutoFS in Linux.
- Experience with Perl, Shell, Python, Powershell, Bash and RUBY scripting.
- Experience with Java Webservices, SOA Architecture, Rest API’s, XML, J2EE, YAML, JSON etc.
- Configuration of NIS, NFS, SAMBA, SENDMAIL, APACHE SERVICES on Linux &Unix Environment.
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS
- Knowledge of Linux technologies (PAM, procfilesystem and sysctl)
- Possess a clear understanding of planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining system applications in the AWS cloud environment.
- Experienced in Installation and Configuration of Web Sphere Application server V3.5/4.0/5.x,6.x, IBM HTTP Server, Sun-one Webserver on AIX, Solaris and Linux platforms.
- Responsible for software (migrating from older version of Linux to newer version) and hardware refreshes (responsible for migrating the old hardware to new hardware)
- Build Linux on Dell 2850, 2900, 6850, HP DL 580 G5, 380 G5, 380 G7.
- Deployed mcollective for orchestration.
- Experienced in the installation, patching and upgrading of Applications (Openfire, Apache, Nginx, Drupal, etc.) on Unix/Linux and AWS platform.
- Configuring & Implementing Configuration Management Tools: Chef & Puppet.
- Configured SAMBA to get access of Linux shared resources from Windows.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, HP ProLiant DL580 and DL380, IBM P Series, Websphere 10.0, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS SQL, Logical Volume Manager EMC, SAN Multipathing (MPIO, HDLM, Powerpath), EMC/NetApp Storage, VM ESX 3.x/2.x, and Windows 2012/2008.
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Linux System Administrator
- Administered, maintained RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x,6.x, Ubuntu troubleshooting hardware, operating system, applications & network problems and performance issues.
- Performed Servers consolidation and virtualization using VMware virtual infrastructure, VMware ESX, Virtual Center, VM tools.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS, LAN, web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), VAN, and file servers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Red Hat Linux for the development team
- Installed Web Logic 9i with SP5 Server and configured Domains, Admin and managed servers for Applications to be deployed.
- Implemented virtualization using VMware in Red Hat Linux on HP-DL585 and IBM-z/VM series.
- Implemented day-to-day tasks in RHEL that include upgrading rpms, kernel, HBA driver, configuring SAN Disks, multi pathing and LVM file system.
- Good knowledge of Perl, python, puppet, bash, Apache, Tomcat.
- Created KVM based virtual machines using the virt-install and virsh command-line tools.
- Configuration and Managing Remote Installation Service (RIS).
- Implementing user administration like adding, deleting and modifying user accounts.
- Responsible for operations and maintenance for TCP/IP.
- Managed UNIX Infrastructure involving maintenance of servers and troubleshooting problems in environment Provided System Support for 24/7 Production, Test and Development environments.
- User management includes user addition, deletion and modifying user attributes in NIS.
- Provided technical support to users, solving connectivity problem Managed disk space and system resources.
- Routing via EIGRP, OSPF and BGP and network addressing.
- Developed web API using nodeJS and hosted on multiple load balanced API instances.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area and performed Red Hat Linux Kick start installations.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Defined/setup network protocols, Network File Services (NFS), and Network Information Services (NIS) in Red Hat Linux.
- Created proof-of-concept using responsive web design, node.js, React JS, HTML5 and CSS3.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls, attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x, Suse Linux, Perl, MS Windows 2003 Server, Puppet, and Chef.