- Highly accomplished network and security engineering professional with 25+ years’ experience in designing, deploying, migrating and supporting critical multi - site redundant networks. Expert at leading complex multi-stage projects. Proven ability to manage all phases of project life: inception, documentations, procurement, deployment, and turn-over for monitoring and administration.
- Consistently commended by organization executives, colleagues, and peers for strong work ethic and ability to finish extreme complex jobs on schedule.
- Successfully designs highly scalable, secure redundant network environments utilizing the most current hardware and software revisions from leading vendors.
- Using PowerPoint presentation for outstanding writing and communication skills efficiently delivers complex technical subject matter to non-technical business area management.
- Creates easy to follow step-by-step procedural documentation and easy to read Visio diagrams and well-verse in writing network and security policies and/or directives.
- Achievements in managing large strategic IT initiatives involving re-engineering of business processes, operations and enterprise applications
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal skills, Identification and negotiation for Business and Technology requirements .
- Committed to efficient and accurate management of information systems in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment .
- Proven ability to translate Business needs into technology requirements that supports the company's Business objectives, and to successfully manage all phases of IT Projects from needs analysis and requirements definition to vendor, implementation, and training .
- Results oriented professional, recognized for taking on major initiatives, and adapting to rapidly changing environment and resolving mission-critical issues to ensure bottom-line success
- Expertise in FortiGate Firewalls to include; 60E, 81E, 101F, FortiSwitches, FortiAPs, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, and FortiAuthenticator Appliances.
- Certified Expertise in Cisco Routers including the configuration and troubleshooting networks incorporating Cisco 800, 1600, 1700, 1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 2900, 3600, 3700, 3800, 3900, ASR1000, 7200, 7300, 7500 and 8500 series.
- Expertise in Cisco Layer2/3 switches incorporating the 1900, 2950, 2960-X, 3550, 3560, 3560E, 3750, 3750E, 4500E, 4900M, 4948, 4948-10GE, 5000/5500 (catOS), 6500E/7600 series (hybrid and native IOS).
- Exposure to Cisco Nexus 9000/5010/5020 data centre switching platforms including the 2148T/2248TP GE series fabric extenders.
- Exposure to Cisco 3390/3395 NAC appliance Manager, Cisco 3350/3355 NAC Server, 3350 NAC Profiler and Cisco 3310 NAC Guest Server.
- Expertise in Cisco 2500, 4400, 5500 series Wireless LAN Controllers, Cisco 3350 Mobility Service Engine and Cisco Aironet 1100, 1200, 1300, 1500, 1600, 1700, 2700 & 3700 series Autonomous/Lightweight Wireless Access Points.
- Expertise in Cisco security devices including the 501, 505, 515, 525 and 535 PIX series firewalls, ASA 5500 series security appliances, the 3000 series VPN concentrators and the 4200 series IDS.
- Expertise in Brocade ICX & VDX series Switching Appliances
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco Secure ACS, TACACS+ and RADIUS.
- Good working knowledge of Juniper Netscreen firewalls (208,500, ISG2000), Cisco ACE Load Balancers and F5 load balancers (6400, 6900, VIPRION 2400 and 4480 series).
- Exposure to Cisco ONS 15454 optical network multi service provisioning platform and Ciena 4200 RS used for DWDM networking.
- Expertise in OPNET, Opsware, SolarWinds, MRTG & Wireshark
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
IT Infrastructure & Security Manager
- Responsible and direct day-to-day infrastructure maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair relating to networking & security technologies, servers, workstation, data center, telephony and corporate customer relationship management software and other technologies.
- Spearheaded and initialized dramatic improvements in operational performance, efficiency and effectiveness, cost resource allocation, policies, and procedures. Managed a team of 4 technical support technician and a system engineer as well a large contingent of vendors, consultants, and third-party IT contractors against performance goals.
- Planned, directed, and coordinated network integration related projects and multidisciplinary teams in support of 6 business acquisition through the span of 2 years. Accomplished project goals on time, on budget and in alignment with corporate objectives.
- Drove the development/improvement of the IT governance decision-making model and associated processes which created alignment of IT with the organization goals and strategy, reduced IT risks, functional policies and procedures, including those for network and system architecture, standards, purchasing, and service provision, and raised the profile of the IT department
- Successfully led the IT department team that managed a geographically dispersed infrastructure (24/7) with availability.
- Monitored networks, reviewed network performance reports using SolarWinds to identify problems & implement solutions for improvements.
- Redesigned and implemented a resilient SD-WAN & WAN failover networks for 15 remote sites utilizing FortiGate’s firewalls automated multi-path intelligence which reduces the network outage from 30% to less than 1%.
- Developed the network modernization project architecture roadmap that will leverage economies of scale to support business growth. This include upgrading and adding fault-tolerant circuits, 4G cellular broadband modems as a tertiary connection, and upgraded network appliances.
- Designed and implemented the enterprise-wide security awareness training program for 500+/- users resulting in a 45% decrease on users’ susceptibility to social engineering and ransomware attack vector techniques which in turn created a team-based corporate security aware culture.
- Developed and maintained appropriate disaster recovery plans for the IT infrastructure, including periodic system backup and recovery testing.
- Developed and launched an enterprise-wide integrated endpoint security using the CrowdStrike and Kaspersky Server center. This multilayered approach combines the powerful protection, detection, and response technologies which in turns protected against any attack vectors to the computers systems resulting in a fast and effective response to security incident before any damaged occurs.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Acting Network & Security Manager
- Managed team of 7 technical support technicians as well as a large contingent of vendors, consultants, and third-party IT contractors.
- Successfully reengineered, reorganized, and managed the construction of the new Data Center with the assurance that business processes can continue during a time of emergency or disaster. This project that was already 24 months behind schedule, resulting in cost savings of more than $1.5 million.
- Redesigned, restructure, and re-provisioning of the WAN infrastructure, both primary and backup circuits with redundant Internet point of presence and for multiple private L3 ethernet dedicated circuits.
- Working directly for the CTO, performed cybersecurity Risk Assessments on Applications, Solution Architectures, Cybersecurity Posture, capabilities of Third-Party vendors, wireless LAN audits and upgrades, wireless site surveys, information security, compliance, security reviews, risk management, and auditing. Writing detailed Cybersecurity Risk Posture Reports
- Performed Threat Management and created and track emergency response plans for responses to eminent threats such as security vulnerabilities, spear phishing and whaling attacks, and malware threats.
- Create and manage the Vulnerability Management and Remediation Management programs. Used Qualys for threat and vulnerability management. Also worked closely with Qualys engineers to resolve technical issues regarding tool problems
- Designed and implemented improved security edge infrastructure network using FortiGate Firewall appliances, including VPN connectivity with 2FA technology.
- Overhaul the entire network infrastructure and implemented end-to-end QoS ensuring the performance of critical applications, guaranteeing enough bandwidth for their correct operation to improve systems management and uptime.
- Direct IT projects and technical activities across departmental agencies in support of business needs to achieve organizational goals. Manage strategic planning to optimize resources, improve throughputs, and enhance system performance parameters.
- Managed data and voice implementation during the company’s relocation to a larger facility. Implemented a network capable of supporting 300+ nodes.
- Improved systems management by introducing monitoring tools.
- Managed the configuration and operation of applications and services to support the development and sales application environments.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating team members. Provided guidance, mentoring and training to junior members across team
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Acting Operations Manager
- Managed team of 8 engineers that reported directly to me as well as a large contingent of vendor consultants and contractors. Directly responsible for hiring, training, coaching and evaluating team members. Provided guidance, mentoring and training to junior members across team
- Led the team for all network & security infrastructure projects and other related IT integration projects. Subject matter expert on Cisco Networking and Security technologies. Worked on highly escalated customer issues and successfully resolving them using my Security, Routing and Switching expertise. Responsible for project engineering, incident/request support, presales and solution development, installations and escalated issue resolution support. Ensures that stability, integrity and efficient operations of client’s networks.
- Worked as the final level of escalation incident and request support engineering for installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting, and documenting network systems. Worked with a variety of end users, third party vendors, and manufacturer support and may require off-site repair as needed. Maintained existing capabilities, make recommendations, and implement appropriate up to date security technologies such as firewalls, encryption, anti-virus software, etc
- Design and implementation of preventative, detective and corrective technical and administrative controls to support information security program objectives, including network segmentation, content filtering, logging/SIEM, IDS/IPS, access controls, stewardship definition, authorization for access. Controls include security metrics.
- Design and execute Security Risk Assessments to develop security requirements within projects.
- Be the Customer’s primary point of contact, for all networking, security and other IT services related issues and proactively identify existing Customer needs, and opportunities to grow the customer relationship. Served as a presale engineer when needed by meeting with clients, identifying solutions, and creating statements of work.
- Optimized network integrity by reconfiguring network core equipment and installing local and/or wide area networks, communications software, equipment, and network facilities to include performing network assessments using multiple performance measurement tools such as the SolarWinds tool-sets and wrote documentation of the network assessments results as a deliverable to the clients.
- Implemented complex Cisco/SonicWALL firewalls clusters, HA, VPN devices, and IDS/IPS solutions. Monitored the Customer’s security devices for alerts, notifications, and other significant messages, if necessary, escalating to Senior Manager for action. Maintained operational effectiveness and efficiency of the security infrastructure
- Worked with LAN/WAN routers and switches, wireless access points and wireless LAN controllers (WLC), WAN optimization devices, load balancers, data and voice circuits, communications manager clusters, voicemail systems, contact center, and network management platforms
- Prepared plans, design, implement, operate and optimize lifecycle methodology for all customer’s infrastructure efforts. Collaborated technical team members in design and development of network solutions in order to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Worked with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues
Confidential, St. Augustine, FL
Senior Network Infrastructure & Security Engineer
- Led a technical service group on all IT related initiatives. Serves as an expert technical resource across functional teams to ensure consistent knowledge of network architectures. Serves as a senior technical resource to assist SJC clients in analyzing and determining future voice/data network needs. Provided tier-4 support for any major network outages. Maintains data, voice, wireless, or video network hardware and systems; investigates and resolves network and hardware matters of significance; researches, analyzes, isolates and resolves errors; assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Managed a full-lifecycle Project Management services and/or oversight to all SJC and its Constitutional Office IT projects. Oversees network system design and architecture projects. Assists in assigning and leading work; provides guidance with regard to expertise, timeliness and completion of all IT project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Make recommendations to management on enhancements to network that will improve the quality and reliability of the network’s performance.
- Spearheaded and led a team to redesign the SJC’s network infrastructure redesign project. Planned, designed and implemented a network supporting a mid-size to large-scale data center redesign including (200) servers and a user community of over 2,000 users. This design was centered on multiple Ten Gigabit Ethernet backbone consisting of redundant Cisco Network Tier Model leveraging dual Cisco 6500Es (SUP720s) for L3 Distribution and (16) Catalyst 6500 (SUP-32) Access Switches.
- Spearheaded and led a team to redesign the SJC’s Network Security enclave to include the consolidation and the migration of all departmental enterprise-wide Cisco PIX to the Cisco ASA platform.
- Deployed over 250 IPSEC VPN tunnels and 300 Anyconnect SSLVPN accounts
- Designed and built the entire SJC wireless infrastructure with dual Cisco 5508 and 2504 Wireless LAN Controllers. Standardized controller code/configuration to meet best practices, along with upgrading entire infrastructure to fully support 802.11n. Managed team and multiple other staff members as resources to execute project. Designed wireless AP infrastructure in all SJC departments and created schedule and processes for staff members to execute deployment. Created process to validate work was completed up to standard. Over 200 Cisco AP’s (1100, 1200, 1500, 1600, 2600, and 3600) and 3 wireless LAN controllers were installed & upgraded to meet the SJC needs. Designed, implementation and roll-out of WLAN hotspot solutions in public areas and special events.
- Designed and built a Cisco wireless mesh infrastructure to interconnect multiple buildings to the SJC network to replace telecommunications circuits. This saved the SJC over $64,800.00 annually.
- Designed and built a Cisco Lan-to-Lan VPN connections for the SJC’s 22 Fire Stations. This entails replacing all 22 dedicated AT&T DSL circuits at each Fire Station with 12Mb Comcast Business Class internet circuits and out-fitting them with Cisco 891 routers to terminate to the SJC’s head-end firewall. This saved the SJC over $25,840.00 annually.
- Designed and built SJC Enterprise Mobile Cellular Broadband Router (CBR) VPN infrastructure for all Fire Rescue and Sheriff’s office mobile users using NetMotion Mobility XE server, CalAmps and Rocket CBR amassing a combine total close to 200 emergency managed vehicles. This efficiently provided a high-speed broadband solution used across the county by field officers to have seamless access to multiple data networks, key applications such as CAD mapping systems and criminal databases.
- Orchestrated the design and integration project for the SJC 800Mhz emergency communication radio system network into the SJC internal network. This new system which cost the County an estimated $30 million replaces an obsolete VHF system considered outside the window of manufacturer support.
- Performed security research, analysis and design for all of SJC’s computing systems and the network infrastructure. Developed, implemented, and documented formal security programs and policies. Monitored events, responded to incidents and reported findings.
- Utilized Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) such as SolarWinds Log & Event Manger, Cisco ASA with FIREPOWER Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDS / IPS), Data Leakage Prevention (DLP), forensics, sniffers and malware analysis tools
- Led a team responsible for building and maintaining the County’s Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) Compliance Program that implemented stringent information security controls, leading to the achievement of PCI compliance status, which significantly reduced the exposure to millions of dollars in fines and penalties as well as the loss of reputation associated with corporate credit card data breaches. Managed the computer incident response, coordination and communications roles. Developed new computer security incident response process based on NIST 800-61. Performed information security risk analysis, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and regulatory compliance assessment service focus with PCI compliancy and security rules. Developed remediation strategies in response to assessment results.
- Led a team responsible for performing network, systems, telecom, physical infrastructure and operations assessments analyzing environment and outage reports. Executed plans to solve problems experienced. Developed standards for equipment decommissioning and deployment to reduce implementation errors and streamline management of equipment and software lifecycles. Utilize broad interdisciplinary experience to develop Infrastructure solutions using cross border technologies. Lead continual process and design improvement in all infrastructure areas.
- Conceived and implemented an extensive documentation of systems and processes while also creating many new standards. Designed Visio diagrams accurately displaying the SJC network topology. Core, Distribution, and access layers on global and site-by-site levels concisely demonstrated. Data link speeds clearly conveyed for understanding network productivity.
- Developed an incident response and recommend corrective actions. Communicated with personnel about potential threats to the work environment. Participated in forensic recovery and analysis. Participated in development and maintenance of global information security policy.
- Recommended preventive, mitigating, and compensating controls to ensure the appropriate level of protection and adherence to the goals of the overall information security strategy. Spearheaded in the development of access-controls, separation of duties, and roles. Conducted technical risk evaluation of all SJC’s hardware, software, and installed systems and networks. Conducted the testing of installed systems to ensure protection strategies are properly implemented and working as intended.
- Developed and established ITIL standardize processes, procedures, tasks, and checklists that enables SJC to establish baseline from which it can plan, implement, and measure demonstrating compliance and to measure improvement.
- Provided recommendations of the most cost-effective solution to management, including all cost, procedural, and contractual considerations necessary to make decisions
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
IT Project Manager
- Led engineers on project effort for building three new data centers (Jacksonville/Tallahassee/Tampa). Assessed environments, lead the selection of vendors and physical infrastructure technologies, developed the project plans and designs. Managed the team effort to building the environment, migrating and relocating of all IT efforts.
- Supervised and directed a 12-member team department. Managed a departmental budget of over $500,000 in the procurement of information system products and services. Led cross-functional teams in designing and implementing an infrastructure to support new network design, builds and test issues. A key strength was communicating project goals and maintaining focus on results throughout project life cycle, which resulted in 85% efficiency increase.
- Ensured schedules, dependencies, revisions and resources, which were in line with the customer’s organizational objectives.
- Directed installation crews, surveyed sites for installation, oversaw installations, led special project installs, provided quality assurance, and negotiated bids and estimates.
- Worked closely with internal stakeholders to assess requirements, map solutions and present recommendations to senior management to secure buy-in on all IT projects. This includes building consensus and established common protocols between diverse and complementary project groups, establishing acceptance of new methods and standards.
- Negotiated contracts with Internet and WAN backbone service providers for transit bandwidth, including contract terms, and service level agreements (SLA). Setting technical requirements for transit bandwidth and peering.
- Assisted IT Network Infrastructure Manager in other tasks needed to continue IT operations to include; managing the LAN/WAN network of over 200+ networking devices, 2500+ TCP/IP based devices connected over 20 high speed WAN circuits.
- Managed day-to-day staffing matters including hiring, training, project plans, reviews /completion, and career development, resulting in an increased of productivity of 85% and a timelier delivery of goods.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Network Management Solution Architect
- Lead architect for the Confidential MCSP program to design, configure, integrate, and deploy the services and capabilities for the OPNET management software suite as the core network management tool for capacity, diagnostics, and prediction solutions for networks, applications, servers, and accurate system modeling throughout the Confidential enterprise-wide Global Services Networks and operational support systems.
- This included the full life-cycle project planning for the architectural design of the suite, network sizing, and the creation of the Bill of Materials for all required components, and provided recommendations pertaining to the hardware and software that will be required in order to establish an environment for MCSP Leverage services.
- Developed strong relationships with the Confidential PMOs, Portfolio managements, and Global Network Operation and Engineering staff to proactively and aggressively managed expectations regarding requirements, functionality, scope, and deliveries. Also managed multiple vendor relationships ensuring agreement upon statement of work is delivered accordingly and effectively addresses vendor issues with a sense of urgency. Adopted the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Scrum methodology as a 'best practice' guide throughout the project lifecycle to ensure full communications and collaborations within all departmental dependencies.
- Provided technical research, feasibility analysis, gap analysis, and recommendations to assist the Confidential MCSP Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) / Order to Activation (OtA) program to identify the technical logistics required for any efforts dealing with the MCSP architecture for planning, implementation, upgrades, relocations and /or removal of communications systems. This important requirement was necessary so that all Confidential managed customers such as GM Corporations, Bank of America, Kraft Corporation, Towers & Perrin, Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), etc... services (approximately 20+ thousand network devices) continue to function with little or no downtime.
- Focused on implementing department policies and procedures for the Confidential Global Service Networks; he had authored numerous papers to include; Security design assessment, Architectural Design, Change management assessment, white paper analysis and technical documentations such as the OPNET Technical Reference Guide - a user guide, and the OPNET Deployment Guide - an operation & activation guide.
- Collaborated with the GNOC network engineering staff to create a Network Management training plans for each team member. Understanding customer's operational and technical requirements and translating them to a system solution, these technical documentations are currently being used by the Confidential GNOC and leverage engineering teams as the primary resource for all operational support for the OPNET components and services.
- Authored numerous white paper analysis and technical documentations such as the OPNET Technical Reference Guide - a user guide, and the OPNET Deployment Guide - an operation & activation guide.
- Understanding customer's operational and technical requirements and translating them to a system solution. These technical documentations are currently being used by the Confidential GNOC and leverage engineering teams as the primary resource for all operational support for the OPNET components and services.
- Engineered, conceptualized and implemented a comprehensive integration plan for the collection of OPNET VNE server data to be done through the existing Network Management Systems (NMS) that are already fully populated with the type of data that OPNET requires in order to perform the capacity and modeling studies. Through his understanding of the customer’s requirements, he discovered that there is no need for the OPNET VNE servers to collect data directly from each network devices which causes more network traffic. He engineered an integration plan to pull the required data that OPNET VNE needed directly from OPSWare NAS (configuration data), eHealth (performance data), and NETQoS Reporter Analyzer (traffic-flow data). He was responsible for all logistical aspects for this integration plan from; coordinating and interfacing with the NMS engineers, test and development of the integration adapters, and deploying the integration adapters into the Confidential production networks.
- Provided engineering support to implement a Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure solution for the OPNET VNE servers. This SAN solution was recommended to support the production storage needs for this engineering tool. Researched the disk-space requirements and also evaluated and recommended all of the SAN infrastructure equipments that were implemented in this solution.
- Requested by the Confidential MCSP program to be actively involved in all high level, politically sensitive issues. Provided technical direction to the customer and management on these issues.
- Provided network engineering support for the Configuration Management project that involves the integration of the OPSWare Network Automation System (NAS) into the MCSP GNOC/OtA enterprise network.
- OPSWare NAS is a system that will perform device provisioning and management of all network devices in the Confidential enterprise network. Responsible for assisting the Confidential Leverage engineers to create and write the Configuration Factory (CF) scripting templates which comprises of all manage routers, switches, and firewalls configurations. Through NAS, the CF is responsible for taking templates and parameters maps to generate IOS commands. Confidential GNOC operations engineers will use the NAS to manage network device change and configuration management and configuration activation.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Lead Communications Engineer
- Team lead communications engineer responsible for managing three-tier network operations support team comprising of 30 personnel. This includes training with various networking technologies, screening and hiring new employees, performance reviews, and day-to-day operational networking support.
- Last major project involves gathering and analyzing performance measurement metrics of mission critical applications using various end-to-end performance monitoring tools such as OPNET IT Guru. This includes the performance analysis of Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System/Public Key Infrastructure (RAPIDS/PKI) issuance process, the Certificate of Authority (CA) servers, Inventory Logistics Portals (ILP), Common Access Card (CAC) Pin Reset (CPR), and DMDC Wide Area Network (WAN). Utilizing OPNET by debugging numerous mission-critical network configurations and troubleshoots application transaction problems. Also provided sound technical recommendations to evaluate network/application capacity planning. Provided extensive knowledge of network communications that brought expertise on identifying and determining problems which leads to the optimization of all organizations newly deployed applications.
- Responsible for all project management involving all aspects of network engineering for all major directed by the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) PMO. Responsible for coordination and tracking of multiple projects, arbitrating requirements gathering, resolving issues, analyzing traffic reports, meeting agreed upon project schedules, and creating diagnostics reports to determine network logic and mal-function trends. Participated in feasibility studies, costing, proposal preparation, and project implementation activities.
- Assisted in the implementation of an enterprise-class Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) management process for Confidential . This improvement approach provided the Network Operations with the essential elements of effective processes. It was used to guide process improvement across all Network Operations projects. The effect was the improvement of overall project execution and aligns Network Operations projects with the business requirements. This orchestrated an organizational turn-around to transform IT efforts from a purely reactive practice to a pro-active solutions rich technology infrastructure geared for rapid growth. The resulting appraisal awarded Confidential a Level 4 CMMI certification in the federal government in 2003.
- Responsible for managing revamping the Incident and Change coordination for the Network Operations team. This includes identifying re-occurring incidents, verify accuracy of groups/incidents areas, verify completeness of Change Request, schedule and run Change Review Board Meetings, ensure that the change management process is being used, and monitor operations teams for adherence to DoD security standards.
- Assisted delivering enterprise-class help desk to ensure adherence in industry standard for helpdesk support and to raise service levels and proactively solve operational challenges. These standards include phone metrics and agent training. This task requires justifying the purchase of up-to-date support tools, acquiring training resources, and to ensure upper management and customer approval. The implementation reduced downtime incidents by 95% (via Incident Management/ Problem Management processes).
- Constructed enterprise-class Customer Validation Labs (mirrors of the enterprise production environments) resulting in the automated testing of each migrated applications and reduced onsite visits by 90%.
- Technical liaison to the government program offices, military installations, and Confidential program management. Works with the Confidential stakeholders, the DMDC customer, the DEERS and RAPIDS end user, and various vendors to define, analyze, and provide solutions for the customer’s voice, data, and image communications requirements. Responsible for planning, investigating, and implementing physical and logical communication networks architecture impacting multiple sites with minimal direction.
- Requested by the customer to be actively involved in all high level, politically sensitive issues. Provides technical direction to the customer and management on these issues. Routinely acted as a primary liaison between the DEERS/RAPIDS Operations Division (D/ROD), Confidential, DMDC teams (Developers, Field Operations, and QA), other DoD contractors (Telos, CSC, EER), the end user, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and the Uniformed Services for any technical issues related to hardware, software and communications.
- Provides research and recommendations to assist the D/ROD Communications Manager to identify the technical architectural logistics required for securing the RAPIDS 6.0/Common Access Card (CAC) Interim Authority to Operate (IATO) as well as the Final Authority to Operate (FATO). This important requirement was necessary so that all military services (approximately 930 installations) would accept the RAPIDS 6.0 PKI platform. This key role allowed the Beta test implementation to begin with the required buy-off from the various military services.
- Isolated and identified a network configuration change, which impacted the RAPIDS 6.0/CAC Beta rollout. In working with the base communications staff, this was instrumental in identifying the technical aspects of the Navy and Marine Corps’ Big Internet protocol (IP) device that prevented the transmission control protocol (TCP)/IP ports from establishing consistent network connections.
- Ensures that DMDC fielded systems and the end-user communities are effectively supported. Knowledge of the communications infrastructure of the DoD and military branches of service, and thorough knowledge of the DMDC systems and field environment position, enabled him to lead the Communications Engineering team in the implementation and customer service support of the CAC. This massive project, expected to continue from October 2000 through May 2003, encompasses over 930 military installations worldwide. His professional experience and his performance success in this role for the past six years provide the solid foundation for the Network Operations Team.
- Provided Network Operations technical lead to support the Secure Socket Link (SSL) migration for the Automated Central Tumor Registry (ACTUR) site throughout the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS). This involves coordination with the firewall administrators to open the required ports and to assist with any troubleshooting issues.
- Provided research and recommendations to assist the DEERS/RAPIDS Operations Divisions (D/ROD) Communications Managers to identify the technical logistics required for any efforts dealing with any network architecture, planning, implementation, upgrades, relocations and /or removal of communications systems to the DEERS database and RAPIDS 6.0/Common Access Card (CAC). This important requirement was necessary so that all military services (approximately 930 installations) continue to function with little or no downtime.
- Responsible for all project management involving all aspect of network engineering for all major DEERS/RAPIDS communications issues. Is responsible for coordination and tracking of multiple projects, arbitrating requirements gathering, resolving issues, analyzing traffic reports, meeting agreed upon project schedules, and creating diagnostics reports to determine network logic and malfunction trends. Participated in feasibility studies, costing, proposal preparation, and project implementation activities.
- Acts as a liaison to the Government program offices, the military installations, and Confidential program management. Works with the Confidential team, DMDC customer, DEERS and RAPIDS end-users, and various vendors to define, analyze, and provide solutions for the customer’s voice, data, and image communications requirements with minimal directions.
- Assisted the DMDC West technical team with their effort to redesign the DMDC and Auburn Hills Support Management Center Wide Area Network Components, which ensures contingency planning for CAC network redundancy. This includes implementing the Hot-Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) on the CAC network to guarantee network failover in an event of network outage.
- Researches and makes recommendations to assist the implementation of a DoD-wide PKI/secure socket layer (SSL) security solution for the DEERS mainframe system. Coordinates the upgrades and integration for the RAPIDS version 6.x systems throughout the continental United States (U.S.), which includes telephonic communication surveys for each RAPIDS server site installation to determine the information required for the communication infrastructure upgrades. Responsible for reserving IP addresses, determining the network connections for the servers and workstations, and coordinating support for base router/firewall configuration, providing complete network and room diagram, troubleshooting network malfunctions.
- Provided technical assistance in the integration of 30 Navy networks to the DISN connection to the DEERS mainframe. Responsibilities included network architectural design, configuration, and installation of Cisco routers to the Confidential ’s Unclassified but Sensitive Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) connection utilizing Cisco IOS firewall / virtual private network solution, Context-Based Access List, and IPSEC technology.
- Provided Network Engineering support for the Uniformed Services Family Health Plan (USFHP) network reconfiguration to provide NIPRNet access to all its sites. Is the technical lead support for the entire life cycle of circuit and router installations and management for the seven USFHP sites. Acts as a lead technical liaison to the TRICARE Management Activity (TMA) and its end user community.
- Provided Network Engineering support for the NIPRNet circuit and router installations for the fielding of the Defense Online Enrollment System (DOES) to TRICARE enrollment twenty sites location. Responsibility includes coordination of circuit installs and firewall and router ports configurations, as well as management of end-user technical issues.