- Senior IT Professional with over 20 years of experience implementing large scale business and infrastructure systems.
- Current focus on Cloud solutions, monitoring, forecasting and security system implementations.
- Specialties: Cloud solutions and virtualization implementation Expert
- Planed VMware upgrades and migrations from vSphere 5.5 to 6.0, 6.5 and 6.7, performed migrations and upgrades.
- Created Virtual machines as per county Specifications using custom application.
- Data center Inventories, documentations to verify assets as well as document what is here vs customer inventory.
- UPS network migrations rack and stack configure networks upgrade firmware’s and adding them to SolarWinds for monitoring
- Rack and stack host servers and configurations including cabling to switches and patch panels.
- Windows AD administration and configuration for physical as well as virtual machines.
- Manage and assigned IP’s to systems as well as adding new VLAN’s and subnets.
SR VMware Engineer
- Provide advanced technical and engineering support for internal groups and customers.
- Assist cross functional teams in troubleshooting problem identifications and RCA analysis.
- Adhering to defined escalation and change control procedures as projects and changes require them.
- Developed and participated in regular DR exercises and escalations. Part of 7/24 third tier escalation support for Confidential North America VMware Sites.
- Assisted in the development and implemented maintenance related activities such as patching, upgrading as well as capacity upgrades to all areas of VMware and Hyper - V cloud and related peripheral’s.
- Provided leadership and guidance to the Confidential North America and Canada Datacenter IaaS site teams.
- Worked with teams and Stakeholders to define Projects, Plans and setting up Proof of Concept LAB environments for testing and documentations.
- Projects included Implementation of new Cloud environments, migrations to upgraded environments and onboarding of new clients.
- Worked with network teams configuring networks, IP’s, DNS DHCP, Radius, port groups;
- Worked with security team to add routes and open needed ports for applications and NAT to internet, VPN to remote networks across internet.
- Implemented Red Hat 5, 6, 7, for infrastructure application servers.
- Created Windows AD domains and IIS servers as needed for client and internal IaaS projects, created Windows SQL clusters for Confidential Triole web infrastructures, implemented SQL servers for 4.x and 5.x vSphere infrastructures.
- Implemented and supported various Windows based 5.x vSphere environments with high availability requirements, implemented VMware 6.5 multisite Linux infrastructures using vCenter HA availability and Cluster HA, DRS, vSAN, NFS. Systems creations from ISO/DVD to create new systems or templates for VMware or Azure and Amazon AMI’s, P2V from existing hardware, V2V from existing virtual environments to other virtual environments.
- Confidential is an ITIL Foundation guided operation.
- Monitoring and capacity planning was implemented using CA Spectrum and eHealth; ticketing and CMDB we used Confidential Triole.
- Utilized Cloud Automation Tools Confidential ServerView and (ROR) Resource Orchestrator; Turbonomic for cloud optimization, Chef was used for Deployments and system hardening Cisco UCS Manager for workflow automation.
- Integration to Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure from private and public clouds from existing infrastructures.
- Helped implemented CA PAM Privileged Access management and implemented new Checkpoint Infrastructures.
- Used WSUS for Windows patching; for backups used Commvault backup systems and Confidential BaaS.
- Used PowerShell, Python, Linux shell scripting and cli scripting to configure and change systems settings.
- Physical hardware we used Confidential Primergy, Dell and HP blade and rack systems; Confidential Eternus Storage Systems, Hitachi Vantara Storage systems, NetApp and EMC storage systems using Confidential fiber channel, NFS and iSCSI; for network hardware we used both Confidential and Cisco network infrastructures.
SR Services Consultant
- SystemEdge Agent deployment and policy configurations.
- Virtual desktop implementations and Engineering, defining, designing, deploying Virtual Desktop Environments.
- Set up POC lab environments to pretest and document client installations.
- Implementations and management of Virtual Server environments, upgrade of Virtual server environment, physical to virtual conversions of bare metal systems.
- Storage system implementations, enhancements and upgrades.
- Defining, designing, implementation and managing of VDI related network Ethernet and fiber channel components.
- Project documentation for management and Technical Staff.