- Seeking to obtain an IT position that optimizes my experiences as an IT specialist as well as having responsibilities for all aspects of IT including virtualization, networking and security
BUSINESS APPLICATIONS: Microsoft Office (including Access, Visio, Project), WordPerfect.
LANGUAGES: C# (Beginner), Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 (Beginner), PowerShell (Beginner).
GRAPHICS/ANIMATION: Lightly use of Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop.
OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, Windows 2003, 2008 Server, UNIX, Linux/Fedora (9).
OTHER: PGP Encryption, GHOST Client, Acronis, Midnight Commander (mc), VMware Workstation, IBM Rational Rose, Active Directory Services (ADS), Smartsync Pro, Parted Magic, WireShark, ERD Commander, Blackberry Manager, Intermedia, Lotus Notes.
- Responsible for maintaining our Production/Dev Test Netapp Flexpod
- Provide operational support to sites regarding issues with Camera and Radar malfunctions
- Help stand up Cisco UCS/Netapp Flexpod on VMWare at the customers site
- Engineering solutions for various project and operational needs for U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Install new/rebuild existing Windows servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Update and maintain any documentation such as Change Request, SOPs, and Installation Guide.
- Work with vendors (Cisco,Netapp, and VMware) to procure IT equipment and software.
Network\Systems Integrator Engineer
- Perform integrations, configurations, and maintenance of software and hardware assets in a large multi - protocol environment using HP ProLiant G7 Servers, NetApps, Cisco switches, VMware 4.1 and etc.
- Install/Configure Microsoft Server 2008 R2 and 2003 on Virtual Machines
- Perform setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) and Exchange 2010 server on Virtual Machines.
- Perform setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of NetApp Storage Solution and the expansion shell while also using Operations (OPS) Manger
- Configure Cisco switches (Catalyst 4500, 3700, 3500, 2900 series switches) with scripts and command line through the Hyper Terminal
- Configure thin clients with ghost images to be sent out to overseas post.
- Rack and configure Classified Tempest servers or HP ProLiant G7 servers to be shipped out to post
- Design a Staging environment using VMware to help create a testing environment for new patches, software applications, new OS's, and etc
- In vSphere, I created reports on a weekly basis to monitor our VMware infrastructure
- Perform monthly patching using my WSUS server to push out Microsoft patching
- Install/update/patch servers and applications
- Travel to our Datacenter to do Change Request, maintenance work, or Upgrades to physical servers
- Install PKI certificates in my EVMII environment
- Maintain management platform (ESXi) and hosted applications.
- Facilitate the deployment of applications into the environment.
- Configure vSphere client platform for monthly security scanning using the NESSUS application.
- Install/Configure Linux OS on Virtual Machines
- Support Virtual Machines that have Microsoft 2008 OS
- Configure EMC SAN by zoning to allocate the LUNS to VMware Infrastructure
- Run Daily Scans using the NESSUS applications to mitigate High, Mid, and Lows vulnerabilities
- Update/Create EVMII (External Virtual Machine Infrastructure Implantation) administrative SOPs
- Research VMware license for pricing and expiration to consolidate into one contract
- Continuous monitoring of DTRA Enterprise IT Services and Systems such as unexpected changes in network performance, Bandwidth utilization, and resource utilization.
- Serve as primary interface between Network Operations and DTRA Enterprise IT System Owners
- Use network monitoring tools such as SCOM (System Center Operations Manager) and SolarWinds/ipMonitor to determine the overall health and status of the DTRA Enterprise IT Services and Systems to include:
- Create tickets in Remedy for critical SCOM alerts, IT Outages and other troubleshooting needs, escalating if necessary
- Advise Shift Lead's of critical situations and resolution of issues impacting DTRA Enterprise IT Services and Systems.
- Track and monitor all Authorized Service Interruptions (Planned Outages) to include updating the CIO’s Planned Outage calendar.
- Review the DTRA NOSC, NetOps and SPAM e-mail boxes. Take appropriate actions to acknowledge correspondence.
- Broadcast IT Outages, Scheduled Outages and Twelve Hour Status reports as well as accurately maintain Outage logs.
- Responsible for gathering and maintaining accurate contact information for all system owners and system administrators.
- Responsible for updating SPAM and Web Filter configuration settings.
- Provide alternate Help Desk services during non-core DTRA hours.
- Ensure that peripherals are working properly by troubleshooting the print servers on the classification and un-classification servers
- Was a team lead for the Installation/Services Printer Team
- Conducted local training on the printer installation process for team members
- Assigned as team lead on printer projects while having 1-3 team members at a time report to me
- Create/maintain accounts in Active Directory on the unclass and class servers
- Installed over 50 different types of printers ranging from Xerox, HP, Canon and etc
- Update information on the Active Directory servers
- Update information on the print servers and network drives
- Set up a GhostCast server to image classified machines
- Create an image for unclassified and classified machines to be deployed
- Repair hardware failure through troubleshooting
- Surplus old PCs and install new PCs on the classification and un-classification sides
- Install/update computer software such as Adobe and Microsoft Suite
- Create a backup and recovery of users’ network drives
- Articulate computer solutions with end users
- Implement the policies for the use of the computer system
- Coordinate with various IT specialist in different bureaus to fulfill their needs