An experienced, self - motivated and committed professional having 18 years of experience in the Wireless Telecommunications industry encompassing Network Design, Deployment, and Optimization of 2G/3G/4G/5G Networks (LTE, CDMA, and EVDO).
SOFTWARE SKILLS: Atoll, Nokia NetAct, TrueCall, Iris, Mentum Planet, Confidential Cockpit, Tableau Agoop, ALU OMP, OMC-RAN, SAMB, and NPO, Agilent Technologies and JDSU Wireless Solutions Drive Testing Hardware & Software (E6474A etc.), Xceed Technologies WindCatcher Plus, ProComm Plus, SecureFX, CommScope Andrew Antenna RET Hardware & Software (ATC200-LITE-USB etc.), Confidential Enterprise Network Planning Tool, iTuneNL. Map Info Professional, Microsoft Excel, C, MATLAB, FORTRAN 77, UNIX and Microsoft Windows OS, Confidential DSP 16000 and Intel 8085 Microprocessor Assembly Language
Radio Frequency Engineer
Confidential, New York, New Jersey
- As member of the Confidential Local RF Design Engineering team, supported the 3G/4G/5G Confidential network deployment across Confidential Nokia and Samsung OEM markets.
- In a lead RF Design contractor role, worked closely with a team of RF Design contractors to support RFDS/CIQ/ACD/NST creation and submissions for Macro New Site Builds, Tri-band Upgrades involving Band and/or Technology Adds (1900/800 MHz band CDMA & 1900/800/2500 MHz band FDD/TDD LTE deployments), LTE Carrier Adds/Channel Conversions (1900 FDD 5/5+5/10/10+5 MHz, and 2500 TDD 10/15/20 MHz 2CA/3CA channel configurations), Sector Adds, Antenna Modifications (Antenna Model, Azimuth, M-Tilt/E-Tilt changes etc.), LTE Hardware Upgrades (Nokia Airscale & Samsung CDU30 conversions/deployments), eCSFB & VoLTE network parameters, DAS sites, and COW deployments across the markets.
- Supported RFDS/CIQ creation and submissions for 5G deployment in the 2500 MHz mid band.
- Supported RFDS/CIQ/ACD creation and submissions for massive MIMO LTE (64T64R) deployment.
- Supported RFDS/CIQ/ACD creation and submissions for Mini-Macro (Small Cell) deployment.
- Worked closely with Regional Site Development Construction Managers on all site modifications and network deployment/upgrades.
- Worked effectively with Local RF Optimization Engineers, National RF, PMOs, Configuration Engineering, Backhaul, IP, Microwave, and CIC teams from site design to network integration.
- Provided Local RF support and worked with various network deployment teams (OEMs, Network Operations, and CIC) during the network Commissioning & Integration (C&I) phase.
- Developed CIQ/ACD/NST Tools with Excel Macros to aid in CIQ/ACD/NST automation.
- Pro-actively contributed to the CIQ/ACD process development and troubleshooting in the Confidential Vision Tool, along with Market and Channel Profile creation and management, and made Micro Demand submissions to the Confidential Vision development team.
- Spearheaded the LTE over TDM initiative in the Northeast region to improve 4G LTE reliability in rural areas/highways with LTE deployment on 3G sites pending Ethernet backhaul by using existing T1 bundles. Worked with Westcoast Samsung trial market, Network Ops, and Wireless Backhaul POCs in developing corresponding MOPs for Nokia sites/switches, on deployment, and field testing. Presented RAN KPI improvement results using Agoop and Confidential network tools.
- Performed network coverage analysis using the Atoll tool and candidate selection/ranking for site relocation on the Lendlease project.
- Supported the Special Event COW deployment for the US Open, US PGA Championship, Belmont Stakes, Governors Ball Music Festival, 4th of July Fireworks in NYC, West Indies Parade, etc., and Rural Roaming COW/SAT COLT deployments across the country via satellite backhaul.
- Provided training for RF Design Contractors and Intern. Actively participated in national level conference calls and local team meetings.
Senior Radio Frequency Engineer
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Worked with 3G/4G National RF team members to generate weekly network statistical data for KPI’s, update tables and charts, and compile weekly 3G/4G network deployment activities and status updates from all Samsung markets/Local RF teams for submission of weekly Confidential Network Vision Summary report to Confidential /Samsung RF teams and Management.
- 2nd LTE Carrier No Harm report submission / Operator Cluster Acceptance - Submitted 500+ 2nd LTE Carrier No Harm reports post 2nd LTE carrier deployment and 100+ Cluster Opto reports post optimization phase for 2nd LTE site clusters across Samsung markets.
- Coordinated with various teams and scheduled network activities during the nightly maintenance window to successfully upgrade 4,000 1900 MHz LTE sites from 20W to 40W with RS de-boosting.
- Performed 4G 800/1900/2500 MHz network parameter and configuration audits and updates.
- Performed eCSFB ACT Tool management and troubleshooting for multiple FDD and TDD LSMR’s.
- Performed 4G neighbor optimization to improve handoff success rate across Samsung markets.
- Performed user evaluation on statistical tools/reports and provided feedback to development team.
- Provided local market support on optimization tools/processes and network troubleshooting.
- Provided maintenance window support for 3G frequency retune activities across several markets by coordinating and troubleshooting with field drive-test teams performing pre & post-retune call testing, and with the implementation team (TAC) including performing post audit checks.
- Developed 4G No Harm report template with KPI pass/fail criteria and MOP for report generation using 4G No Harm Tool for use by local markets.
- Compiled bi-weekly Performance Summary report on 3G/4G Ongoing Activities, Accomplishments, Risks and Plans by National RF team for internal review.
Radio Frequency Engineer
Confidential, Wallingford, CT
- Managed Confidential market level Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for Confidential and maintained network KPI’s through Local RF responsibilities and working with Confidential Global Service Center (GSC) teams as well as in coordination with Confidential Service Assurance & Network Operations teams.
- Supported Confidential Capacity Planning & Delivery team as Regional RF POC to request funding, prioritize and deploy market/regional capacity needs.
- Supported Confidential - Confidential with local market EVDO Bulk Cell Migration and MSC Switch Consolidation projects.
- Network Overview at Confidential EBC, NYC: Supported Sales & Marketing by preparing and presenting with a colleague, a network overview of CDMA and iDEN networks serving a major New England city to its City and Police officials at the Confidential
- On behalf of Confidential CNS team, undertook coverage surveys, site walks/design visits with in-building system design vendors for CNS/DAS projects, notably for American Airlines at Bradley International Airport (BDL), Bristol Hospital, Springfield Symphony Hall, Yale University, Quinnipiac University, and Watertown Schools.
- As steering committee member for Confidential RF Cockpit Tool, provided input and feedback on the development of a suit of Performance, Capacity and Parameter Management reports and processes.
Radio Frequency Engineer
Confidential, Wallingford, CT
- Managed the design process for launch of CDMA Cell Sites from search ring release to network integration, including Candidate evaluation and approval using the Planet prediction tool and CW drive tests, preparation of Zoning Packages and review of Construction Drawings.
- Responsible for 2G, 3G-1x CDMA & EVDO network performance of two Confidential - Confidential switches serving. Mass regions.
- Integrated Cell Sites and Carriers into the network for coverage expansion and capacity relief by post-processing and analyzing baseline drive data, evaluating RF transmission line sweep tests, and performing parameter and antenna optimization of site clusters.
- Served as Performance POC for RF Design contractors.
- Performed parameter optimization (switch/cell level) involving neighbor lists, power control, inter-frequency handoff and soft handoff parameters, as well as antenna optimization involving the planning and execution of antenna down-tilt/re-orientation/swap-out and met yearly market objectives.
- Planned and managed integration of EVDO Carrier/T1 augments based on established triggering criteria. Improved EVDO throughput and SINR by employing log periodic antennas and reducing pilot pollution.
- Other activities include statistical trending & analysis of daily/busy hour and monthly average call performance measurement reports to improve key performance metrics as well as to identify switch/cluster level deviancy, involvement with implementation of new features, Paging strategy, PN planning, Femtocell deployment, and Disaster Preparedness & Recovery. Gave Presentations as well as actively participated in discussions with National/Regional/Local RF teams on initiatives, new features, and optimization techniques. Served as Performance POC requiring planning & project management of the Clearwire WiMAX network co-location project, antenna inventory market POC, and interfaced with antenna & repeater product vendors to evaluate, order, program and deploy state-of-the-art base station antennas, macro & in-building repeaters, and remote electrical-tilt (RET) systems.
- Responsible for 3G-1x CDMA & EVDO network capacity in three Confidential - Confidential switches serving CT, W. Mass & LM-HV (in ) regions. Worked with National/Regional Planning & Logistics teams to run, manage and analyze data from capacity planning tools to forecast Carrier/T1/Channel Element needs. Prepared documentation and secured approval and funding for Carriers through presentations to Regional Director. Managed just-in-time Carrier/T1/CE deployment for ALU Flexent Modcell 1.0-4.0 BTS equipment by coordinating with Confidential, Finance, Site Development, Network Engineering, Switch & Field Operations teams. Planned and managed the capacity provisioning for major & minor annual special events and seasonal traffic sites. Performed parameter and antenna optimization to delay Carrier needs. Maintained capacity databases and trackers. Improved carrier utilization metrics for multi-carrier sites to meet national/regional objectives by means of parameter and antenna optimization and Carrier decommissions for under-utilized sites.
- Promptly attended to customer complaints and sales & marketing requests regarding quality of indoor/outdoor coverage and provided feasible solutions such as installation of In-building Repeater Systems and Airave Femtocell, as well as macro network deployment of High-Gain Antennas, Sector Splits, Cell Extenders etc.