Data Engeneer or technical lead, prefer Web/Mobile, Financial or consulting industry.
- 8 years of HPC to collect, transfer & process massive HEP data (100+GB in 1997~2000, 100+TB from 2000 to 2005)
- 2 years of technical lead of Data Platform for Confidential
- 9 years of Production Engineering in Web industry, last 5 years including weblog collection and processing (10+TB)
- MC Production and OPR manager for BaBar @SLAC, Data Quality Assurance for BaBar offline processing.
- Qualified data scientist: KDB+/Q/Python/Scala/C++/ROOT
- Near 20 years Unix/Linux SA and network experience
- Easy - going personality, effective communication. Strong leadership & mentorship. Self-starter with strong motivation.
- Sharp self-learning capability. Strong drive to stay in the cutting edge of HPC/Big Data/Infrastructures.
- First in China implemented the authentication synchronization between Web and HP-UX cluster (May 1997).
Skills: Big Data Architecture, Hadoop Ecosystems (Hive, Spark, Sqoop, Oozie; good exposure to others), HPC, KDB+/Q; RDBMS, MPP; Data Quality, Data Privicy; Massive data transferring & Processing, ETL, HDF (NiFi); SRE, DevOps; Profiling, Tuning and Troubleshooting; Systems & applications Integration between different data sources; Research & Design; Automation, Monitoring & Alerting; Scala, Python, Mathematica, awk & sed, C/C++; Decent Mathematica Modelling, Machine Learning.
Senior System Administrator & Data Scientist
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
- Comprehensive monitoring & alerting with Nagios; documentation system with Confluence Wiki.
- Technical lead of Confidential analysis systems, focus on data analysis platforms, Hadoop Ecosystems and the integration among them, after delegating the infrastructure to another department.
- Liaison of data scientists and technologists. Help the data scientists to get their projects started with existing tools, or make/research new tools/framework (now include Blockchain, Waston)
- Implement & administrate Confidential first Hadoop (HDP) cluster with Kerberos (now work on tokenization, encryption and key management). Tuning the cluster and setup the capacity scheduler.
- Infrastructure administration of PostgreSQL database, Pentaho, Informatica, QlikView, Tableau, SAS, Alteryx, RStudio, Parallel Python and other analysis systems.
- Netezza deployment and administration.
- Palantir deployment lead at Confidential
- Vendor connections: RStudio, EnterpriseDB & Hortonworks.
- Research the integration within Confidential analysis tools: Informatica with Hadoop, ODBC of Hadoop for Tableau, etc.
- Application Profiling, Tuning and Troubleshooting.
Senior Production Engineer
Confidential, Fairfield, NJ
- Application deployment automation and underline infrastructures implementation & admin.
- WebLog aggregation and abnormality detection.
- Oracle DBA, focus on system side.
- Network design for Confidential China Data Center: F5 BigIp, Cisco ASA HA, dual ISP.
- Linux installation with kick-start. Bonding & multi-path, FC Zoning and SAN storage provision for ASM disks, ultimately for Oracle DB installation.
- Outgoing email archive (Mimedefang & Milter)
- Other Research & Design Activities.
Senior Systems and Network Admin
Confidential, Newtown, PA
- System & Network Administration of 150 Linux servers and 25 Solaris Servers, F5 Big IP, Cisco ASA 5520.
- Application deployment of 10+ web-base testing platforms for more that 20 millions of students.
- Continuously worked for 43 hours to recover the operations from the disaster caused by UPS panel failure (Feb. 2007)