- Overall 9 years’ experience as Proven Knowledge of Administration and Design as Network Administration & Virtualization Engineer with operational and design experience focusing on Microsoft Windows Servers 2016/2012/2008/2003 Standard/Enterprise operating systems and VMware Virtualization Technologies.
- Cross - platform experience in systems administration, including analyzing, designing, installing, maintaining, and repairing hardware, software, peripherals, and networks.
- Superior troubleshooting and technical support abilities with migrations, network connectivity, and security and database applications.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, Domain Name System, Windows Internet Naming Service, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012, 2019 (SCVMM), deployment on various environments.
- Capable to manage ESX/ESXi servers, Create, configure, and manage vNetwork standard Switches and vNetwork distributed switches network connections, and port groups. Extensively worked on NIC Teaming and Link Aggregation.
- Create and manage vSphere data stores. Worked on iSCSI, SAN, RAID levels, and NAS with ESX Servers. Configured NFS server to share resources across multiple servers.
- Expertise skills to create and manage VMs, Templates, Cloning, and managing Snapshots. Perform VMware vMotion™ migrations.
- Analyzed Virtual Machine using VMware Guided Consolidation.P2V, V2V, V2P migration using VMware vCenter Converter and Plate Spin 6.8.x.
- Manage multiple vCenter Server inventories using VMware vCenter Linked Mode.
- Held several key roles, to Manage ESX/ESXi configuration compliance using Host Profiles, Resource Monitoring, Data Protection, and Scalability.
- Updating host and manage patching and patch compliance using vCenter Update Manager.
- Proficiency in advanced features of VMware Distributed Power Management (DPM), High Availability (HA), Dynamic Resource Scheduling (DRS) and Fault Tolerance (FT).
- Knowledge in Data Center and server farm environment. Worked with x86/x64 Intel, HP, IBM, Dell, CISCO hardware- Tower Servers, Rack-mounted Servers, Desktops, Laptops.
- Strong ability to bridge gaps between technical and business requirements and understand by regularly referring VMTN community to explore new topics of VMware Technology.
- Experience as Network Engineer in testing, troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing and maintaining enterprise data network and Service Provider systems. Expert level knowledge in troubleshooting, implementing and testing of static and dynamic routing protocols.
- Have good Hands on Access Control & Authentication Server, Virtual Port Channel Technology.
- Good communication and team management skills and worked as part of the Technical Support Team by involving in the documentation, technical manuals, software guides and instructions, executive briefings and presentations.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, & hardworking making it easy to handle multiple demands & competing priorities. Interpersonal, organizational, and skills facilitating the ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated excellence in building & implementing change, Incident and Problem Management meetings and decreasing turnaround time; Analysis and documentation of daily issues and their solutions.
Miscellaneous: VMware ESX/ESXi 2.x/3.x/4.x/5.x/6.0/6.5, VMware vCenter Server, Virtual Infrastructure, VMware vMotion, Guided consolidation, vCenter Converter, Upgrade Manager, Heartbeat, Lab Manager, Site Recovery Manager, Distributed vSwitchs, Community Source, Development and Test ESXi, Hypervisor Server, Consolidation, Server Containment, Server Virtualization, Storage Virtualization, VMserver, Virtual Appliances, Virtual Computing, Virtual Machine, vSAN, vSphere Web Client Active Directory, Microsoft Clustering Solutions, Remote Desktop Services, Terminal Services, DHCP, DNS, Hyper V, SCCM,SCOM. Windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016, Windows 98/ 2000/ XP/Vista/Windows7/Windows10, Windows Exchanger Server 2003/2007/2013, SQL Server, ubantu, Linux, VI editor. Dell Power Edge Servers, HP Prolient, IBM, CISCO UCS, Cisco Router & Cisco Catalyst Switch, HP Storage works NAS Servers, EMC Invested and Clarion SAN Storage.Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Photoshop, HTML, MATLAB, C & C++, PowerShell, CLI, UNIX, Wire shark LAN analyzer.
Firewall, IPSec, SSL, AAA, Access: lists, and Cryptographic Algorithms: DES, AES.
HP ALM, Symantec backup, Wi: Fi, Password recovery, Cisco IOS, TFTP, POP3, SMTP, GSM, CDMA, Tivoli monitoring agent ITAMs 6.x, 7.1, Disaster Recovery fail over. TCP, UDP, VOIP, IPV4/V6, SNMP, FTP, Telnet, VPN, VLAN, LAN/WAN Technology
Confidential, Wayne, PA
- Provides operations support which includes identifying, resolving or escalating hardware HP blade servers and Cisco UCS and/or software issues that span multiple technology domains.
- Worked on comprehensive technical knowledge of distributed, virtualized ESXi 6.5, converged Dell EMC vxRail and networking platforms.
- Trouble shooting, Configure and manage Hyper- v VMs using System Centre Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
- Monitored and supported multiple technology domains/platforms through the use of monitoring tools and applications like splunk , vRops , SCOM etc.
- Diagnosed and resolved system alerts and time sensitive events that could impact system availability leveraging an escalation path when appropriate.
- Addressed work requests in accordance with established service level commitments .
- Adjusted workloads of the operating environment to provide optimum resources to applications, system jobs and testing.
- Responded to system failures and works with support or vendor teams to minimize business impact .
- Prepared and maintained documentation for the IOPS organization .
- Trained and mentored staff and IT project teams providing guidance and consultation as required.
- Administered systems by actively managing patching, routine maintenance and backups to include the scheduling and execution of related tasks. SCCM patching
- Participated in all meetings related to change, incident or problem management
- Identified performance issues and trends impacting system availability or expected behavior and work to in corporate them into the problem management process .
- Identified opportunities for improvement and participate in projects to enhance the operation.
- Worked on DFS and NetBackup .
Windows & VMware Architect
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Architect next generation of forward deployed assets using VMware and blade server solutions.
- Performed current Cloud Environment (ESXi 6.x) assessment to migrate old physical and virtual machines (VMs) into new hybrid Virtual environment (ESXi 6.5/6.7)
- Performed P2V migration of existing Wintel Servers ( 2012 ) for migration to main Enterprise Data Center.
- In charge of evaluating and implementing the core components of the Enterprise Virtualization Lab on Vmware and Hyper-v Technologies.
- Lead, design and configure the technological roadmap for Virtualization/Hyper Converged and Storage technologies .
- Evaluate emerging technologies to ensure technical solutions are compatible with the client’s business needs and strategic objectives .
- Designs, develops, recommends and implements new or revised system software, utilities and automated processes as necessary.
- Knowledge of Data Center operations, network technologies and industry standard and audit requirements .
- Provision, management and troubleshooting of ESXi , Manage vSphere cluster HA , Manage Distributed and standard Switches .
Windows & VMware SME
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Configured and deployed Point of Sale (POS) application on Windows 7/10 and Windows server 2008/2016 Operating systems.
- Performed End to End Integration testing on enterprise applications including other peripheral devices.
- Supported business users during the user Acceptance testing to provide required environment.
- Investigated & troubleshoot applications, checked windows event logs and system logs in case of testers found any issue.
- Worked on issue tracking ticketing systems like HP ALM and BMC Remedy to report any bugs or changes to the application development vendor.
- Provided on-call support to Production Deployment team during Go-Live process .
- Developed cost-effective ways to replicate POS system with least required peripheral devices.
- Performed migration of Windows XP systems to Windows 7 to windows10
- Created and managed Windows Certificates and Registries to configure application controls.
- Setup FTP server on enterprise network for secure file sharing within applications.
- Prepared and executed SQL queries to fetch data during various test cases.
- Backed up and restored SQL database to prepared test environments.
- Worked on VMware VSphere 5.5/6.0 and Disaster recovery
- Used SCVMM to manage and provisioning new VM in Hyper-v environment.
- Prepared deployment packages for applications and hot fixes using SCCM packaging,
- Designed and developed Power Shell scripts to automate daily monitoring jobs on the enterprise server.
Windows & VMware SME
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Using VMware vCenter , created Datacenter Environment by creating VMware clusters , adding ESXi hosts in the clusters, and implemented HA and DRS .
- Installed and configured ESXi 5.5 Servers on Blade Servers .
- Performed P2V and V2V migrations for approximately 200 servers utilizing VMware Converter and VMware replicator .
- Created clones and templates of Virtual Machines
- Deploying VMs Through Templates
- Worked closely with SAP team to build VERITAS clusters
- Created & Troubleshot Virtual Networks and virtual distributed Switches
- Installed, Configured and troubleshoot CISCO USC and Hitachi Blade c500, and Nutanix Servers.
- Worked with business clients to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes, and workflow.
- Took ownership of developing for forest environment including trusts, replication and other core infrastructure related to Active Directory .
- Managed Enterprise-wide initiative to consolidate 9 Active Directory domains consisting of over 5,000 users .
- Assessment, planning and migration Active Directory Domain R2.
- Responsible for fixing issues related to Active Directory domain replication and DNS resolution name.
- Implemented Group Policy Object following Best Microsoft practice when required.
- Performed DHCP server consolidation, and centralizing all scopes in one server only.
- Planning and implementation of Windows Server's 2012 Member Servers, Wsus and SCCM Patching .
- Responsible for Wsus infrastructure such as: implementation, administration and management.
- Performed server break/fix functions and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Coordinating third party and other support team activities on servers and storage.
- Responsible for environment documentation developing, helping other teams including Service Desk, Tier 1 and Tier 2 team
Windows System Administrator (Virtualization)
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Provisioning new physical and virtual servers, imaging; handling other daily routines; leading new deployments from systems perspective by coordinating internal resources.
- Designed, Built and provisioned HP , and Dell servers with SAN storage on VMware ESX/ESXi 5x hosts.
- Handling the complete installation, configuration & maintenance of Microsoft Windows Servers 2003 , 2008 and 2012; Managing overall administration and automation of Windows Servers and its applications.
- Install, Configure, and maintain Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) on various environments; planning new updates and changes required by the clients.
- Preparing Power-Shell script automation for creation of virtual servers on vHosts .
- Excellent troubleshooting skills both with hardware and software in windows environment.
- Updates, patching and software installations via Group Policies (GPO).
- Designed, and configured, HyperV servers in an Active / Passive Node Cluster with Cluster Continuous Replication. Configured HA failover clusters.
- SQL Server installation, Clustering Configuration for Windows Server 2008 and created new users and databases.
- Designed and build SQL Failover clusters and turns over to SQL Team.
- Continue company P2V initiative to reduce physical infrastructure.
- Developed extensive knowledge in working on Incident, Problem & Change Management; VM creation based on compliance with application and engineering team; and presenting them to provisioning review board for approval.
- Worked closely with cross-functional partners in engineering, product, marketing, and support on behalf of my customers.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Excellent experience and knowledge with designing, installing and implementing VMware ESX server , VMware virtual center , setting up vMotion , HA , DRS , and related VMware products such as VM Workstation , VMware converter products, and other products for virtualization
- Worked on more than 7000 ESX host and 95,000 VMs .
- As a part of operational team supported critical servers and worked closely with architecture, engineering, provisioning , monitoring and L3 team to get better solutions for the firm.
- Resolved permission issues for the Folder Structure Migration and prevented any future issues identified in Automated Deployment .
- Migrate company to new SAN environment (EMC/Hitachi) and decommission the extra storage; Migrate Company to new data center on CISCO USC Servers.
- Migrated 47 VMware Virtual Centers to 28 new 4.1u1 Virtual Centers .
- Upgraded more than 3000 ESX servers for both VSI and VDI environment from ESX 3.x , 4.0 to vSphere 4.1u1 . Before Migration, performed Hardware Diagnosis on Dell , HP , and Cisco UCS .
- Provide 24x7 on-call support of production servers
- Remediated more than 12,000 Breaks related to Network Storage, Configuration, vMotion, Health Checks, Cluster Version or Data Store Inconsistency, NTP setting, etc.
- Led large infrastructure, optimized project performance, teamwork and reporting, worked on management change and system reconfiguration.
- Facilitated cross-functional teams on procurement, fulfillment and external vendor relations, provided everyday support to the Project Management Office and Executive teams, helped them to make qualified decisions on their future IT vision and plans.