- 8+ years of Experience in Implementing Organization DevOps strategy in various environments of Linux and windows servers along with adopting cloud strategies based on Amazon Web Services.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong believer of DevOps Methodologies and working towards a core DevOps Engineer who can bring an end to end work flow of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment process for an organization.
- Good understanding of processes in Software Development Life Cycle, Project roles and CM plans.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (ANSIBLE,PUPPET).
- Experience working in agile development team to deliver an end to end CI/CD by using tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins.
- Experience working with Docker to improve our (CD) Continuous Delivery framework to streamline releases.
- Worked on source code management tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), and Bitbucket and used Source code management client tools GitLab and Git GUI and other command line applications.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, JENKINS, ANT,Atlassian Bamboo and MS Build as a build tools for building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Good experience on working with AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Direct Connect, Cloud watch, Cloud trail.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Implemented and provisioned AWS, OpenStack, Azure cloud services.
- Automated developer machine setup using Vagrant.
- Experience in writing the scripts in XML, Ant, Perl, Ruby and Shell Scripts for managing various enterprise applications.
- Experience with monitoring tools like NAGIOS, and Zabbix.
- Experience with Apache/Tomcat, Load Balancer (Apache) and expertise in making configuration changes.
- Good command in working with Tracking Tools JIRA, Remedy, Bugzilla and IBM Rational Clear Quest.
- Experience in using artifact management tools like Artifactory, Nexus and Apache Archiva
- Good Working experience on Performance testing tools like Jmeter, Load runner.
- Worked in deploying applications to Oracle Weblogic,EJB, JBOSS, TOMCAT and IIS Servers.
- Hands on experience in performing tasks in Databases like Oracle, MySQL and MSSQL, MongoDB.
- Experienced in Installing, Upgrading, Patching, Configuring and Administrating Red Hat Linux.
- Expertise in troubleshooting the problems generated while building, deploying and also in production support
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Sonar, Findbugs and PMD with CI tools.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Experience with container - based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Worked in all environments like DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance.
- Good presentation and technical writing skills, excellent communication, interpersonal and managerial skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Operating systems: UNIX, Linux/Solaris, Windows, Mac.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Perl, Ruby and Power Shell Scripts.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven,Bamboo and MS Build.
DevOps: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins. Kubernetes
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure, Openstack.
Monitoring Tools: Cloud Watch, Nagios, Zabbix and SPLUNK.
Artifact Management Tools: Artifactory, Nexus.
Source Code Management Tools: Git, SVN, CVS, Bitbucket, Perforce
Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, Python, Ruby, C and C++.
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server, DB2, MongoDB.
Ticketing/Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, IBM ClearQuest and Bugzilla.
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, IIS.
Quality Tools: Sonar, Findbugs, PMD.
- Setting up CI/CD build pipeline for Enterprise fulfillment team
- Maintain GIT repositories giving access and group controls.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Setting up new AWS accounts for EFIT which includes requirement gathering from all the feature teams, analyze the requirement, create CFTs for security group creation, network diagram, IAM roles, S3 buckets creation, opening firewall required by each team.
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using EC2,S3,RDS,EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Autoscaling Groups.
- Configuring load balancers for applications with listeners and health check.
- Utilized Cloudwatch and Datadog to monitor AWS resources; to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Worked on AWS account services limit increase.
- Implemented architecture for EFIT teams, which minimized the overall EC2 cost
- Worked on setting up new Jenkins server for EFIT applications.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Created Jenkins Pipeline involving several Downstream/Upstream Job Configurations based on dependencies from other applications & based on release methodologies.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Ansible playbooks and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Worked with multiple teams on setting up their security groups, subnets and analyzing networking requirement.
- Created shell scripts, python scripts for setting up baselines, branching, merging and automated processes across the environment on Linux and window platforms.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test and dev-environments needs and also, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Dockerized the components to minimize the cost.
- Created lambda function with python2.7 as execution model for automatically shut down and startup of ec2 instances according to priorities
- Understanding of windows server, can be able to provision windows server with cloud formation template and can be able to write power shell scripts to perform activities in windows servers.
- Good experience in creating cluster environment of many components such as Kafka, zookeeper, ELK, mongodB, spark etc.
- Used SonarQube for quality testing the code in continuous integration.
Environment: AWS, Linux, GIT, AWS, Jira, Docker, Jenkins, Cloudwatch, Python, Shell.
Sr. AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Created Chef Recipes for automating the deployment process.
- Written cookbooks to install JDK and WebLogic.
- Managed roles, environments, data bags, cookbooks, and recipes in Chef.
- Maintain Subversion/GIT repository giving access and group controls
- Created Branches, Tags for each release and merged the branches after the code freeze.
- Administering SVN and imported the Projects like Branching, labeling and merging the code
- Automated the existing build process Using build tools like Ant/Maven
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions usingE2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Opsworks
- Optimized volumes andEC2 instances & Created multi AZVPC instances
- Designed and Implemented a SOA based search application using Top down development of WebServices, Cassandra/Hector and ANT.
- Assist project team with capacity planning, continuous integration and application deployment using Jenkins and Subversion (SVN) for version control.
- Installed and configured Subversion, GIT, Ant, Maven and Jenkins.
- Support the administration in in agile software development, testing and production in cloud hosted environment.
- Utilized CloudWatch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes; to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (ksh, Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Stash and TFS on Linux and windows platforms
- Document system configurations, Instance, OS, and AMI build practices, backup procedures, troubleshooting guides, and keep infrastructure and architecture drawings current with changes.
- Utilize Amazon Glacier for archiving data.
- Used Chef to configure and manage infrastructure. Written cookbooks to automate the configuration setups.
- Installation of Oracle on Linux and Solaris, creating database, creating Oracle users etc.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios and Tivoli.
- Involved in installing Red hat & Solaris servers for Automation purpose.
- Monitoring day-to-day administration and maintenance operations of the company network and systems working on Linux and Solaris Systems.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Python, Perl & Shell (bash, ksh) to automate jobs.
- Merged the generated reports as per request. Formatted data into required format using UNIX Shell Scripts, SED and Awk.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Defined and Developed plan for Problem & Incident management Process based on ITIL.
- Networking protocols such as TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, NDM, SSH, rlogin.
- Configured Docker container for automated testing purposes.
Environment: AWS, Linux, Subversion(SVN), Maven, Jira, Webservices, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Artifactory, Apache, Tomcat, Cloud Watch, Nagios, ELK stack, Python, Ruby, Shell, Perl.
DevOps /Build & Release Engineer
- Worked as a senior Build and Release Consultant helping the "WellMed" team to resolve their high priority road blocks in the build process.
- Involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Setup the Jenkins jobs for Continuous integration process and to execute test cases.
- Experience in maintaining, executing, and scheduling build scripts to automate DEV/QA/UAT builds.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) of Oracle Fusion Middleware applications using ANT Scripts and Jenkins.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS & BUILD Pipelines, ANT, MAVEN.
- Setup the Chef Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management.
- Setup the Chef servers, chef work stations, chef nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure chef nodes.
- Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various chef nodes.
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects.
- Set up the Linux Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs.
- Worked on writing multiple Python, Ruby and Shell scripts for various companywide tasks.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT.
- Experience with migrating applications from customer on-premises datacenter to the cloud (AWS)
- Experience with AWS Cloud formation and launch configurations to automate repeatable provisioning of AWS resources for applications.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of various tasks.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in creating users, groups and roles in LDAP server.
- Experience in writing the re-write rules in Apache HTTP Server Version 2.0.
- Created multiple Python, Perl and UNIX shell scripts for various application level tasks
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, automated Gated
Environment: Linux, Tortoise SVN, Jenkins, ANT, MAVEN, GIT, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services, Puppet, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, Sonar, UNIX, JIRA, Python