- AWS certified professional with around 8+ years of experience working as Cloud/DevOps Engineer and Linux Administrator within environments like Linux/Unix and Windows to provide solutions to the complex issues using Virtualization, Integration and configuration Management tool.
- Extensive working experience with AWS IaC (Infrastructure as Code) with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search and Cloud Watch
- Expertise in automation tools like Git, Subversion, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and Nagios.
- Implemented and maintained central repositories and implemented Atlassian stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and log audits for security compliance
- Worked on Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure Cloud system creation of Resource groups, Web Applications, Azure Storage Blobs &Tables, firewall rules.
- Automated several processes by developing utilities in Shell and Python scripting
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process and developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers .
- Experience in deploying custom chef cookbooks, Puppet manifests and Ansible playbooks , to configure the machines in different environments with appropriate package/services and versions
- Experience in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands , Users Mount Points, and Packages. Also, worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as .war & .ear from source code. Created and maintained Ant build.xml's and Maven Pom.xml's for performing the build procedures.
- Expertise in the web server technologies such as Apache,Nginx, SSH, SFTP .
- Strong technical knowledge includes WebSphere Application server implementation, support, workload management and performance tuning. Web server setup, including complex secure sockets layer ( SSL ) configuration on IBM HTTP Server .
- Experience in integrating Jenkins with various tools like Maven (Build tool), Git (Repository), SonarQube (code verification) , Nexus (Artifactory) and implementing CI/CD automation for creating Jenkins pipelines programmatically architecting Jenkins Clusters.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform and Managed AWS and Azure infrastructure code using Terraform
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experienced in building and maintaining DOCKER infrastructure for SOA applications in agile environment
- Expertise in using Docker including Docker Hub , Docker Engine, Docker images , compose , swarm, and Docker Registry and used containerization to make our applications platform to be consistent flexible when they are moved into different environments.
- Configured and administered monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk.
- Familiarity working with Kubernetes to automate deployment, scaling and management of web Containerized applications on Google Cloud Platform .
- Good experience in working with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, ServiceNow, Rally, Clear Quest and Quality center(QC) .
- Core development experience for Groovy Grails restful web services.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure using various resources, VPC EC2, RDB, S3, IAM, EBS , Security Group, Auto Scaling, SES, SNS and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates, Route53, Lambda.
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, CVS, Team Foundation Service(TFS)
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
DevOps Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS (EC2,S3, VPC, ELB, Glacier, SQS, SNS, Cloud Watch, AWS Lambda, RDS, Route53), Nexus, Jfrog Artifactory, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere.
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, IBM Clear Quest, Selenium, Cucumber
Languages: C, PL/SQL, Java/J2ee, Python, HTML, JSON
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NIS+NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, TELNET, Firewalls
SDLC: Agile, Scrum and Waterfall.
Scripting: Shell/Bash Scripting, Python, Groovy, Ruby
Monitoring Tools: Data log, New Relic, Cloud Watch, Nagios and Splunk.
Web/App Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Sphere, Apache Server, NGINX
Database: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server, MySQL
Operating Systems: RHEL (5.x, 6.x, 7x), SUSE Linux (9,10,11), CentOS 5,6, Windows 2003, 2008, VMware ESX (3.5,4.0).
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC , subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates .
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Created and maintained Python scripts for automation build and Used Chef to maintain configuration on LINUX servers and also Created Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) to launch the stacks
- Maintained the interfaces and secure connections between Jenkins and CI/CD tools .
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment by implementing a CD pipeline with the help of Jenkins and Chef.
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/configuration of different application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss; Web Servers like Apache Tomcat and Web containers like Nginx etc.
- Experience in integrating WebSphere Application Server and Deployment manager with IBM Http server, IBM Directory Server, Sun ONE Web Server, Oracle, DB2 and SQL servers.
- Design and Develop ETL Processes in AWS Glue to migrate Campaign data from external sources like S3, ORC/Parquet/Text Files into AWS Redshift.
- Experience in working with several Docker components like Docker Engine , Hub, Compose , and Docker Registry for storing Docker images and files, running multiple containers in staging and production environments. .
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Webserver , Nginx and Application Servers such as Tomcat , JBoss .
- Create Pyspark frame to bring data from DB2 to Amazon S3.
- Optimize the Pyspark jobs to run on Kubernetes Cluster for faster data processing.
- Expertise in using React JS components, Forms, Events, Keys, Router, Animations, and Flux concept.
- Automating the OpenShift cluster installation using Ansible playbooks.
- Good understanding of Design Patterns, Multithreading and GO containers. Well versed in using Channels and goroutines.
- Responsible for writing the Design Specifications for the generic and application specific web services in Groovy n Grails.
- Create external tables with partitions using Hive, AWS Athena and Redshift.
- Load data into Amazon Redshift and use AWS Cloud Watch to collect and monitor AWS RDS instances within Confidential .
- Developed and executed a migration strategy to move Data Warehouse from an Oracle platform to AWS Redshift.
- Developed new RESTful API services that work as a middleware between our application and third - party APIs that we will used using Golang .
- Using GO , developed a microservice for reading large volume of data(millions) from PostgreSQL database.
- Worked on access control through AWS Cognito.
- Implementing infrastructure on new AWS systems and migration of existing Linux and Windows based Infrastructure to AWS and Azure Cloud platforms and automated using Terraform Templates.
- Participated in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process
- Deployed code on WebSphere application servers for Production, QA, and Development environments.
- Worked on the Deployment, Configuration, Monitoring and Maintenance of OpenShift Container Platform.
- Integrated JIRA and Subversion using Pre-commit hooks to ensure the process is followed and automated JIRA tasks using JIRA CLI.
- Automated installing the Linux packages and administering Linux service using Chef and automating product installation configuration.
- Worked on Chef Automation including writing Cookbooks and customized recipes for test-driven development environments.
- Championed in cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation .
- Written several docker files to create tomcat along with the required version of JDK container images.
- Written recipes and cookbooks for tomcat, Apache, httpd, MySQL, etc in Chef.
- Built various containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the microservice oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Installed and Configured SonarQube with Jenkins for continuous measurement and analysis of quality of source code.
- Involved in creating the redirects on the IBM HTTP Server for static content redirection.
- Extensively involved in installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting WebSphere Application Server 6.1/7.0/8.5 and the required fix packs.
- Create and maintain highly scalable and fault tolerant multi-tier AWS and Azure environments spanning across multiple availability zones using Terraform and CloudFormation .
- Designed, installed and implemented Ansible configuration management system, written Ansible playbooks and deployed applications. Used Git to store the code, integrated Ansible Tower with Git to deploy the Playbooks.
- Developed Groovy scripting for automation purpose.
- Played role as DevOps lead for implementing CI/CD for 40 Java and .Net solutions.
- Involved in Python Script to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance.
- Troubleshooting host and application workloads running on AWS infrastructure with Splunk, Kibana(ELK), Nagios and Prometheus.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for AWS EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server.
- Involved in complete deployment configuration using Deploy, design and configure various deploy processes for different applications across the environments.
- Used MySQL, MongoDB to perform basic database administration.
- Developed Terraform templates to create load balancers (ELB), EC2 instances with auto-scaling, monitoring on the fly for different environments such as QA, SIT stage which will run on different VPCs.
- Used App Dynamics for continuously analyse monitoring logs, measuring performance Bottlenecks.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Involved in building S3 buckets and managing the access permissions using bucket policies and access control lists (ACL) and dealt with object life cycle management and versioning to automate the object archival.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC’s for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Setting up Auto scaling for EC2 instances and creating Cloud watch alerts, monitoring for instances and using them in Auto-scaling launch configurations.
- Develop and Maintain business logic in backend using Oracle SQL PLSQL Views Materialized Views Prcedures Packages Triggers and Functions.
- Automate NGINX/PHP/MySQL Setup and Monitor.
- Documentation of QMS and SDLC procedures for the organization.
- Build Data migration and integration processes using Oracle and Informatica Power Center to load into a single data warehouse repository.
- Installed and configured IBM Http Server , WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (ND), 6.0/6.1/7.0
- Installed the Refresh Packs and cumulative fixes to WebSphere ND V6.0 environment, for WebSphere, plugins and IHS.
- Involved in troubleshooting of IBM HTTP server version 6.0 and 6.1.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch to ensure reliability of applications, deployed stacks using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Environment provisioning solution using Docker and kubernetes.
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Analysed the sql scripts and designed it by using PySpark SQL for faster performance.
- Used Ansible as the configuration management tool and orchestrating the interaction of multiple configurations so that they work efficiently as the whole unit.
- Responsible for implementing monitoring solutions in Ansible, Terraform, Docker, and Jenkins.
- Wrote the Ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible scripts to provision dev servers
- Worked on securing and synchronising data for users through AWS Cognito.
- Develop framework for converting existing PowerCenter mappings and to PySpark (Python and Spark) Jobs.
- Used Jenkins and Ansible for Continuous Integration and continuous deployment in multiple environments.
- Managed the security and compliance of all the users of Ansible and taken care of the application deployment.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto scaling and Cloud formation scripts.
- Experience with Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Servers. And worked in setting up Jenkin slaves for end to end automation.
- Management and design of integrated build pipelines using continuous integration workflows and deployed the artefacts into Nexus.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Worked with JIRA for bug tracking and sending notifications to admin to resolve the issues.
- Developed Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines and distributed images like Jenkins, Selenium, JMeter and ElasticSearch, Kibana and Logstash (ELK) and handled the containerized deployment using Kubernetes.
- Worked in a group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Had experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect production issues.
- Created Jenkins CI, CD pipelines for continuous build & deployment and integrated Junit and SonarQube plugins in Jenkins for automated testing and for Code quality check.
- Created the naming strategy for branches and labels and involved continuous integration (CI) system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer and integrating with Maven and Jenkins for continuous delivery.
- Installed Jenkins Plugins, setup SCM Polling for immediate build with Maven and maven repository (Nexus) and implemented CI jobs to schedule the builds
- Worked with development teams and business areas to plan future capacity requirements and hold regular meetings to review usage as well as create, revise, and report any new measurements required to manage mainframe or distributed environments.
- Coordinated effectively with testers, developers, technical support engineers and all the concerned people in trying to achieve overall enhancement of software product quality.
Environment: AWS, Java/J2EE, ANT, Docker, JBoss, Maven, Unix, Agile, Github, Nagios, GIT, JFrog Artifactory, Linux, Chef, Shell, Python, Ruby, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups, Redshift, and Cloud Formation.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 AMI Instances and configured the storage on S3 Buckets.
- Also has hands on experience on working with AWS IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud-Formation, Code Deploy, EBS, and Ops Works.
- Automate Deployment using Ansible to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous deployments.
- Configured local Maven repositories with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Configured the Ansible playbooks with Ansible Tower and wrote playbooks using YAML.
- Refined automation components with scripting and configuration management using Ansible.
- Have written playbooks for installing several applications on the server using Ansible.
- Established Queuing mechanism using AWS SQS with SNS and Cloud Watch.
- Deployed and configured GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications.
- Used bug-tracking software like Jira to find, record, report, manage and track bugs.
- Responsible for encryption and decryption of configuration files using AWS KMS.
- Deployed AWS Elastic beanstalk applications developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on Apache and IIS.
- Installed and Configured WebSphere Application Server 6.1 and IBM HTTP Server 6.1 on Red hat Linux & AIX.
- Upgraded the Apache HTTP & IBM HTTP server versions 6.0.2 and 6.1 to current (184.108.40.206 & 220.127.116.11) on AIX 5.1/5.2/5.3 & HP-UX B 11.11 servers.
- Set up and managed Jenkins build farm of mixed Linux, Mac OS, and Windows slaves.
- Designed and implemented complete CI process with Jenkins and Nexus
- Configured Maven POMs to automate the build procedures and added plugins by referring them in the xml.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure (Public) Cloud to provide IaaS support to client. Create Virtual Machines through Power Shell Script and Azure Portal.
- Manage and Create Storage Account and Affinity Group in Azure Portal.
- Worked on various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Service Bus, Functions, App Service, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Used Angular JS to create maintainable and testable single page application.
- Capture an image of a Virtual Machine. Attaching a Disk to a Virtual Machine. Manage and create Virtual Network and End Points in Azure Portal.
- Experience in using Azure Vault keys to encrypt keys and small passwords
- Regular backups are configured for the Virtual machines using backup agent to backup vaults.
- Configured Azure Active Directory and managed users and groups.
- Worked on Configuration of Internal load balancer, load balanced sets and Azure Traffic manager.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure(Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, HD Insight Clusters, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Worked on DynamoDB NoSQL database using boto3, which included creation of tables, items and automating the tasks.
- Created PostgreSQL and Oracle databases on AWS and worked on modifying their settings like backup retention period etc.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using Ansible to collect data from all EC2 systems into Splunk.
- Automated RDS, S3, VPC, Elastic beanstalk, EC2 using python (boto3) and bash (AWScli).
- Worked on encrypting and decrypting files using boto3 and openssl.
Environment: AWS, Java/J2EE, ANT, Docker, JBoss, Maven, Unix, Agile, Github, Nagios, GIT, JFrog Artifactory, Linux, Chef, Shell, Python, Ruby, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Used Subversion as source code repositories.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Developed Shell/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Chef/Puppet.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using Technologies like Chef.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging and merging.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Improved the performance of SQL scripts by using ORM methodology.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
Environment: Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Subversion, Chef, Puppet, ORM, Linux, OpenStack, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, SCM, GIT, Jenkins, Tomcat, Jira
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed UNIX scripts for build and release tasks.
- Analyze and create daily reports on the status of server backups on intranet and extranet.
- Provide complete phone support to customers.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python, and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Developed various daily jobs using PL/SQL stored procedure to update notification status in multiple tables.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked with the development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Deployed various J2EE applications (WAR and EAR) into web application servers like Tomcat, JBoss.
- Used Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and industry best practices
Environment: Java/J2ee, Subversion (SVN), Eclipse, JBoss, Ant, Shell, Maven, Jenkins, WebSphere Application Server (WAS), Nexus.
- Designed, tested and deployed VMware View VDI desktop support for internal & external end-users.
- Perform daily administration activities over 200 Linux servers, form adding space, ticket requests from the customers.
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Installation, maintenance, managing and regular upgrading of Red Hat Linux Servers Ubuntu Trust, CentOS, Fedora, Linux on both standalone and virtual environments.
- Deployed Red Hat Satellite server with custom repositories to provide a stable management solution for the Linux environment.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of DNS servers, Mail servers, FTP server.
- Build new servers, configuration, mostly on RHEL 6 and 7 as per customer request.
- Administration of DHCP, DNS, NFS and Samba servers in Linux.
- Root cause and failure analysis to resolve systems problems.
- Reviewing system and application logs for troubleshooting.
- Maintained user accounts as we provided essential privileges for assigned users.
- Implemented automated approaches for daily tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring.
- Applied patches on all Linux Boxes from the common repository using YUM.
- Managed Disks and File systems using LVM on Linux, kernel patching.
- Installation and configuration of ssh service for remote clients.
- Writing and editing Bash scripts and scheduling of jobs.
- Installation, Configuration, and maintenance of VMware and also configuring Virtual Machines on the VMware hosts.
- Creating various partitions including swap and LVM and also administering RAID on specified servers to maximize productivity.
- 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Setting up firewall rules to ensure both security and efficiency of systems and applications.
Environment: RedHat Linux 5/6.x,TCP/IP,UNIX/LINUX,Oracle10g,Kernel,Windows, TCP/IP, GIT, Hudson, Java, Ant, WebLogic Server 11g, RAID, Shell, Python, Web Sphere, Load Balancers, WLST, Apache Tomcat 5.5.