- Broad experience with cloud and on - premise virtualization
- Excellent experience in troubleshooting real-time issues in mission-critical environments
- Advanced administration skills in Linux/Windows systems
- Application performance analysis, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Advanced skills in centralized configuration management
- Advanced skills in containerization and orchestration
- Strong communicative skills for planning
- Great documentation skills
- Centralized configuration management (Ansible, Terraform, SCCM, SCOM, MS Admin center)
- Platform monitoring and incident reporting (Prometheus, Zabbix, cAdvisor, Nagios)
- Logs management (Graylog, Logstash)
- Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, VirtualBox, RHEL KVM)
- Databases (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, mongoDB)
- Load balancers (ELB, nginx, MS NLB)
- Web servers (Apache, IIS, Bitrix)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift)
- CI\CD (Jenkins, Gitlab, Travis)
- Cisco IOS
- Backup environments (Veeam, VDP, Microsoft DPM, Symantec)
- Mail systems (Exchange, Zimbra, postfix)
- Network tracing tools (netstat, traceroute, ping, WireShark)
- Firewalls (pfsense, Kerio, iptables)
Scripting: python, bash, PS, VBS
Cloud infrastructure: Google Cloud, AWS, MS Azure
Operating Systems: Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, RHEL), Windows (Server, XP-10), VMware ESX Server, Amazon Linux OS, Mac OS X
Hardware Products: DELL Servers (PowerEdge R7xx, R4xx), Cisco (Catalyst 2xxx, 3xxx, ASA 55xx), HP servers (C7000 enclosures, Proliant DL 365/385), Intel Servers
Storage: DELL Storages (PowerVault MD3xxx), NFS, HP P2000, Netapp, Qnap
Main tools: GCP, AWS, VMware, Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Travis CI, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Prometheus, Helm, Zabbix, Packer python, bash, powershell
- Responsible for the health, performance and stability of systems and servers.
- Responsible for tools that automate the development, testing, and integration of software releases/fixes.
- Responsible for releasing new versions containing new features across the organization and making sure those releases are stable.
- Responsible for continually monitoring the product's (system's) health and security once the updates are deployed.
- Responsibility for analyzing production errors to define and create tools that help mitigate problems in the system design stage and applying user-defined integrations, improving the user experience.
- Responsible for identifying changes that are necessary to maintain optimal system performance while liaising with management to successfully target and deploy solutions.
- Apply cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Analyze code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company's engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the company's computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
Senior System Administrator.
Main tools: VMware on-prem, Windows Server, GCP, AWS Docker, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Ansible, Zabbix, Packer VMware vSphere, VMware ESXi, MS Hyper-V, Veeam B&R, Exchange, AD, GPO, DNS, Cisco, SCCM, SfB, Powershell, python, bash, Jenkins
- Built from ground up full server infrastructure for the company of 400 users.
- Lead implementation and migration of Microsoft Exchange, Skype for Business, AD, Windows Servers, VMware ESX 5.0 to 6.7
- Work with CEO and CIO to provide guidance and execution on the product roadmap
- Performed duties of CIO for 9 months (in 2018)
- Manage and maintain team’s workflow process, lead the team of 4 system administrators in main office and 3 system administrators of remote branches
- Drove the initiative to switch from few physical servers to HA VMware multicluster geo-allocated infrastructure
- Implemented hyperconvergence server systems based on VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V in remote branches vSAN 2-node cluster implementation in real enterprise environment in remote branches
- Created a multi-node infrastructure centered in the main office and centralized management of all branches, with distance between nodes up to 6,000 miles.
- Developed, deployed, and maintain Windows/Linux systems, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, and other core infrastructure components in a global enterprise environment
- Implementation of Veeam Backup&Replication
- Integration of AWS, Azure services in enterprise environment
- Installation, tuning, maintaining and upgrade of monitoring solution (Zabbix)
- Installation and maintaining Ubiquiti UniFi scalable Wi-Fi solution in headquarter
- Creating and perform backup plans
- Maintaining updated system documentation
- Recommend, schedule and perform IT infrastructure hardware and software upgrades, research and recommend new technologies and services
- Work with 3rd party companies to maintain supply, hardware and software procurement
- Analyze and tune systems for performance, throughput, resource utilization, high availability, and scalability
Outsource System Administrator
- Managed, configured, troubleshooted and supported all internal servers and/or network appliances/equipment and backups of all clients
- Scaled the existing infrastructure according to increasing or decreasing usage
- Expanded Nagios monitoring from 40 to 300+ monitoring checks for clients environments
- Provided prompt response, escalation and real-time troubleshooting of critical issues around the clock
- Introduced and documented operational standards for server deployment; documented operational procedures and runbooks for existing infrastructure and its functions
Junior System Administrator
- Installed, configured, and maintained IT infrastructure for clients including servers, storage, virtualization, and network solutions
- Provided technical support to Confidential employees
- Installed equipment and application software
- Provided day to day support and troubleshooting for production and test hardware, OS, software, and operations issues
- Basic Active Directory administration