- Proven ability to adapt to any technical support environment.
- Hands - on experience supporting the latest hardware and software.
- Effective communication with team members, team leaders, and project managers.
- Excellent follow-through to ensure complete customer satisfaction with case resolution.
Core Competencies: Help Desk, Desktop Support, Systems Admin, Network Admin, Application/DB Analyst, Technology Trainer.
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, VMWare, Hyper-V, MSSQL, iOS, Android, Novell.
Software: Microsoft Office Products (O365), Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft IIS, JDA Direct Commerce, Agile Networks AgileShip, Aloha Point-Of-Sale, Oracle EPMS, Cisco Finesse, Cisco Social Miner, OpenText RightFax.
Hardware: Dell PowerEdge, HP ProLiant, Cisco UCS, Cisco Switches/Routers, Nimble Storage.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Primary resource for all IT infrastructure (Network, Server, Storage, and Databases).
- Manage and monitor all client workstations, servers, application services, and databases.
- Virtualize Windows and Linux server installations with Hyper-V and VMware.
- Write custom SQL queries for warehouse reports, order processing resolutions, and database maintenance.
- Secure sensitive data within SQL databases and isolate payment network traffic to satisfy PCI-DSS requirements.
- Protect and monitor client endpoints with Webroot SecureAnywhere.
- Perform after-hours software/hardware maintenance and upgrades.
- Configure and secure database ODBC connections and stored procedures for web access and 3rd party applications.
- Create and schedule backup routines for SQL databases and shared data folders using Microsoft Data Protection Manager (DPM).
- Grant Cisco VPN access to remote employees and 3rd party vendors.
- Support Aloha Point-Of-Sale systems at restaurant location and facilitate 3rd party upgrades and maintenance by NCR.
- Maintain inventory for all hardware and software licenses.
- Administer Office 365 with AD Sync for corporate email and other collaboration apps (Exchange, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint).
- Provision Azure Resource Groups and Vaults for off-site DPM protection.
- Deploy and configure Cisco soft/hard phones to all new and existing employees.
- Provide new hires with application training (Cisco Finesse/Web Chat, JDA Direct Commerce, AgileShip, RightFax, and other custom apps).
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Technical Support Engineer
- Provided IT support for the San Antonio Office (SAT) and remote assistance to other sites (PHX, DEN, DFW, PIT, PWM, MHT, CBG-UK).
- Increased customer satisfaction rating for SAT (increased from 93% to 98%).
- Monitored Infra queue for requests, tasks, and break/fix calls.
- Escalated calls/requests to appropriate tier-3 or tier-4 teams.
- Participated in live Internet meetings and conference calls (Change Control Board, Desktop Support, Operations Group).
- Shared On-Call rotation with other tier-2 technicians (point person for after-hours IT support for all sites, including remote-user VPN support).
- Completed individual and team-based projects assigned by team leader or manager.
- Managed Active Directory for the SAT site.
- Deployed WDS/SMS operating system images (multiplatform) and software packages.
- Installed/configured various applications including Health Cam - Siebel 2000, Avaya CMS, Witness Systems Quality Monitoring, and Infra Enterprise.
- Installed/configured/recovered PointSec and PointSec Media Encryption (PME).
- Supported Avaya 4620/4621 VoIP Phones.
Computer Deployment Technician
- Deployed a total of 150 workstations to 3 different sites of the Health and Human Services Department (San Antonio, TX and Eagle Pass, TX).
- Primary contact for project and responsible for daily status reports.
- Deployment team consisted of only two on-site ARC contractors.
- Performed various stages of the computer deployment procedure including: unpacking, inventory documentation, computer customization, physical computer setup, customer data backup, user profile configuration, printer and server setup, etc.
- Configured Novell client registration, drive mappings, printers, and Zenworks distributed applications.
- Set up a variety of state department terminal applications.
- Removed sensitive data from previous computer systems using a DoD hard drive utility.