- A result oriented hands on computer professional with progressive and significant expertise in systems design, development and implementation of networked computer systems.
- Roles have included Technology Manager and Network Administrator Twenty (20 +) years experience in system management, implementation and systems design including several years performing advanced technical support, problem solving, platform design, and configuration of complex networks.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) WINNT 40/2000/2008 providing hands - on server administration in a Windows 2000/2003/ 2008/2012/2016 environment including implementation and administration of Active Directory, user setup, access control, data security, DNS, DHCP, GPO, patch management, backups and restores.
- Experience working with Microsoft Clustering, RAID, iSCSI Storage arrays, Disaster Recovery and tape backup systems, VMware ESXi6.0, Dell, Cisco and HP switches.
- Project manager experience working with executives, project managers, technical staff, outside vendors and client management. Strengths include leadership, organizational and team-building skills.
- MS Cluster builds,Windows 2000/ 2008/2012/2016 Servers and Workstations 7 &10, CAT5(10BaseT), Maintain Cisco, HP and Dell switches
- Cisco routers/switches, wiring, hubs, Fiber, patch panel, TCP/IP, Enterprise Management Tool (EMT), Windows 2008/2012/2016 Active Directory and Site Design
- Windows 2003 to Windows 2012 Migration, VMware ESX(i) 4/5/6, Microsoft Exchange 2003,System Center Configuration Manger 2012
- System Center Operations Manager 2012, CA ARCserve Backup; Microsoft SQL Server, Vmware Horizon View, MDT2013; Vmware App Volumes, UEM
- Wyse Management Suite, Dell Wyse 3040 and 5470 Devices, AD, DNS, DHCP and Group Polices.
- Server and Microsoft cluster builds.
- Windows NT/2000/2003 3rd level support of Universal Server Farm infrastructure designed for external customer web hosting environment.
- Reviewed customers’ plans and met with customers and IBM/GS network architects to discuss hardware and software requirements.
- Worked with customer to translate business requirements into specific systems, application and process designs for large/complex and leading edge solutions.
- Interfaced with all teams involved and coordinated in delivery solution. Managed multiple customers’ projects through full project life cycle.
- Work with Citrix team to develop customer solutions.
Technical Support\IBM Consultant
- Completion of Y2K hardware & software upgrades.
- Migrated from Novell 3.12 to Novell 5.0 operation system and desktop rollout of new Novell Client software.
- Desktop rollout of NetWare Connect Client software.
- System Administration and level 3 support at the NYC office in support of Confidential MIS Department in Connecticut.
- Provided software and hardware support to end users.
Technical Support\IBM Consultant
- Initiated complex desktop application software (Paradigm) rollout by deploying, supporting and troubleshooting the initial internal deployment to approximately 200 beta users and used the skills developed to provided level 3 support.
- Developed detailed documentation outlining the software installation procedure on the following operation systems: WINNT4.0, WINNT2000, WIN95 and WIN98 workstations & servers.
- Developed spreadsheet to track internal and external deployment of Paradigm software, as well as the various problems confronted at each site.
- Maintained and supported test lab’s hardware, software and installation of weekly updates and new builds as they developed.
- Developed useful drive images to assist in testing.
- Coordinated and trained the installation and training teams in the deployment and support of software at various correspondents’ sites for approximately 3000 desktops.
Systems Administrator\IBM Consultant
- Windows NT 4.0 desktop rollout of several hundred PC’s, using Winstall and Enterprise Management Tool.
- NT System Administration level 3 coverage in support of Confidential System Administrators.
- Provided software and hardware support to users.
Network Administrator/Technology Manager
- Planned, designed and developed network solutions to convert stand alone PC’s using MS-DOS operation system to client/server Windows NT environment which meet client time frame requirements of equipment rollout.
- Designed, purchased, tested and supervised installation of 10BaseT wiring, patch panel, hubs, NT 4.0 servers, backup servers, NT 4.0 workstations and software.
- Researched and recommended legal software packages necessary for meeting critical financial needs.
- Supported the transfer of legacy financial data to new system which significantly reduced outstanding receivables.
- Designed disaster recovery procedures and fail-over procedures for critical distributed applications running on the server.
- Supported the installation, configuration, customization and maintenance of networking tools, computer equipment and software applications.
- System administration of Windows NT 4.0 network.
- Supported and trained PC users; troubleshot, repaired and upgraded computer equipment and software.
- Managed and supervised all support staff and work flow; negotiated service contracts with outside providers.