- 6+ yrs. of experience in Release (DevOps, Build & Release, CI/CD), Infrastructure (Cloud, IaC, Automation), and Product & Quality Engineering (IoT, Embedded Systems, QA, Compliance & Risk Analysis).
- Providing infrastructure solutions to Tegra (SoC), GPU & AV product teams in Confidential adapting Agile & Scrum.
- Hands - on experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools for cloud(s) using Terraform, Vagrant & Packer.
- Good exposure of on-premise/private (VMware vSphere) & public cloud (Microsoft Azure/AWS) platform(s).
- Experience with Configuration Management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts
- Setup and maintained cross-platform build infrastructure in GNU make for Java code on ARM architecture.
- A deep understanding of Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment techniques, automation and tooling.
- Good knowledge of Data Structures, Linux internals, SQL & NoSQL databases, Networking and Web applications.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, Elastic Bean Stack, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, VPC, Subnet, Routing, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, worked with Terraform.
Planning/Tracking tools: Atlassian Jira & Confluence, IBM Rational DOORS.
Coding (Programming/Scripting languages): Java, Python, Bash, Windows Batch/PowerShell.
Version Control/Code Review: Git/GitLab, Gerrit, Perforce, Code Collaborator, BitBucket (Stash), CVS.
Development tools: IntelliJ Idea, Eclipse, GNU ARM Embedded toolchain, Apple XCode, Microsoft .Net, Mono.
Debugging tools: GDB, strace (System calls tracing), Splint (Static Analysis), Valgrind (Dynamic Code Analysis).
Operating systems: Linux Distributions (Ubuntu/Debian, RHEL/CentOS), MontaVista Linux, macOS, Windows.
DevOps (Configuration & Provisioning) tools: Jenkins, Docker, K8s, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Vagrant.
Cloud Computing Platforms: Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP, OpenStack (familiar).
Virtualization technologies: VMWare, Hyper-V, VirtualBox; KVM, QEMU (familiar).
Web Development: Python/Django, Flask, HTML/CSS/JS, Vue.js, Bootstrap, JSON, RESTful API, gSOAP.
Web Servers: Nginx, Apache Tomcat Server, IIS; uWSGI, Gunicorn (WSGI HTTP Server).
Databases: SQL (Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server), NoSQL (MongoDB, Elasticsearch), TSDB (Prometheus).
Build & Packaging tools: Maven, Ant, GNU Build System, BitBake, rpm, deb, macOS pkg, JFrog Artifactory.
Monitoring and Alerting systems: Nagios, Cloudwatch, Stackdriver, Pingdom, Grafana, Elastic Stack (ELK).
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Migrating on-prem VMWare ESX hosts and applications to AWS
- Setting up Jenkins and Docker based builds in AWS
- Automating dynamic provisioning of AWS resources using Spot Fleet, ECS/EC2 and Fargate
- Developing CI/CD pipelines for build, test and deployment
DevOps/ Engineering Lead
- Working with Development and Test teams to create fully automated CI/CD Pipelines using AWS and Jenkins
- Automating and integrating test tools - JMeter, Accessibility and Security Testing tools, Selenium, Cucumber
- Introducing pipeline and automation best practices, putting together an introduction to Docker and Kubernetes on AWS
- Creating fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects.
- Using Docker, Jenkins, VMWare, RHEL, Satellite, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Ansible & GitLab.
- Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter images, and Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash (ELK & EFK) etc.
- Working closely with Architecture, Development, Test, Security and IT Services teams
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Continuous Integration, Automation and Configuration Management tools.
- Implementing and developing solutions enabling Development and Operations teams to build, deploy, monitor and test applications and environments
- Implementing monitoring and reporting solutions across a range of environments and platforms
- Evaluating and advising on virtualization and containerization solutions
- Environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant, Red Hat Satellite
- Setting up and introducing Continuous Deployment processes and advising on best practice