- Solutions - focused, team oriented and self-starter Senior Network Architect/Engineer with 15 years broad-based experience and hands-on skill in the successful design and implementation of highly effective networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments, and the cost-effective management of innovative network design and network support strategies. Proven ability in process improvement by successfully analyzing an organization's critical network support requirements, identifying deficiencies and potential opportunities, and develop innovative solutions for increasing network reliability and improving productivity.
- A broad understanding of networking: design, configuration, installation management, troubleshooting, support and monitoring.
- 15 years of experience in Information Technology field, 10 years of Network Operations / Design experience.
- 15 years of hands on experience in the configuration of Cisco and other network enterprise products: switches, routers, Firewall, Load-Balancers, Monitoring, and Intrusion Detection
- 12 years’ experience in network related project lifecycle including problem identification, feasibility assessment, implementation, testing plan, integration, and maintenance.
- Experience in information technology solution delivery including identification of the problem, converting problems into solutions, and implanting and integrating new solutions
- Experience in network road-map, strategy planning, and coaching
- Experience in presentation and customer relationship process including written and verbal communication. Able to effectively communicate with senior management, third party vendors, technical staff, as well as non-technical end users. Experience with Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports.
- Have demonstrated analytical skills. Able to absorb large volumes of technical data and develop concise solutions in addition to translating into non-technical terms.
- Experience proficiently handling complex mission critical projects under extreme time constraints.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work independently with minimal guidance on almost any assignment
Cisco: ACI, APIC, Fabric Path, VXLAN, OpenStack, SDN, YAML, Ansible, Python, SD-WAN, Cloud, Virtualization, VBLOCK, UCS, Spanning-tree, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, PIM, Nexus IOS, QOS, MPLS
Cisco switches: NX-iOS, Nexus9k, 7K, 5k, 3k, UCS, catalyst 6509, 4500 series, 3750, 2800 series…
Cisco router: ISR, ASR, 7200, 3900, 2810 series. Cisco Firewalls ASA 5500 series, PIX
Cybersecurity: Malware Protection, network visibility & segmentation; WiFi
Other vendors: Juniper, F5, Netscaler, AVI, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Forescout, Fortigate, Solarwinds, Netbrain
Data Center Network Engineer
- Improved Network availability by installing, upgrading new spine and leaf switches
- Improved Enterprise capabilities by migrating systems from traditional datacenter to Cisco ACI;
- Improved Application Delivery by turning up network on ACI through implementation of Fabric Access Policies, and created different Application Policies on APIC using yaml, Ansible
- Improved Infrastructure Security and Agility using Cisco Tetration
- Improved Application delivery by implementing Netscaler VPX, SLB and GLSBs.
- Improved Application delivery by implementing redundant DNS with Netscaler GSLB
- Improved Application delivery by implementing redundancy through Netscaler SLBs
Senior Network Design Engineer
- Redesigned the Corporate Network in 25 data centers to provide speed and resiliency
- SME for Network Architecture, Design, Standardization and Operation Excellence
- Improved network availability by implementing MPLS and Internet failover between Data Centers
- Improved network uptime to 99.9% by identifying network design issues and correcting them
- Improved network security by deploying Palo Alto firewalls
- Reduced risks and threats by implementing Cisco ISE to dynamically control network access
- Increased network availability by implementing Ruckus wireless solution
- Improved WAN availability and reliability by implementing SD-WAN proof of concepts
- Managed vendors: Level3 ( 30+ circuits), Cisco, Palo Alto, Ruckus, Forescout, Juniper.
Senior Network Design Advisor
- Provided network design and implementation expertise and leadership for a client network transition and data center migration projects by providing the SOW and leading the project to successfully transition the client data center with minimal impact to users
- Increased client’s network performance and density by implementing Cisco Nexus switches and UCS blades in the data center; and network connectivity for VBLOCK and F5 load balancers.
- Improved Client productivity by collecting business needs for network isolation requirement, transformed these requirements into a VRF path isolation solution, and collaborated with multiple teams to implement
- Increased client network uptime by 5% by applying problem solving to identify network design and operations issues and collaborated with client and IT support teams to put forward mitigation solutions
- Coordinated with Verizon and Comcast to provision new circuits for 30 remote clinics for a client
- Planned and implemented data center builds for various clients including creating Nexus 7k Fabric Path, VRFs, Vlans, F5 instances, F5 routing domains, and Firewall rules
- Migrated clients to New Nexus Fabric Path Datacenter on time and with no impact to production
- Improve application high availability by implementing F5 Load Balancers
- Provided training to other team members about various networking solutions.
Senior Network Engineer
- Improved application delivery by setting up F5 Load Balancer road map and implementing F5 requests and maintenance process.
- Personalized my commitment to customer mania by implementing F5 Load Balancer & web acceleration related projects and tasks and lead my customers through the F5 request, plan, implantation, and testing and delivery process. This ensured High Availability and optimal Application Delivery:
- Applied creativity, knowhow and worked with Messaging team to implement Lync load balancing to provide a single interface that unites voice communications, IM, and audio, video, and Web conferencing into a richer, more contextual offering
- Worked with HR, Yum Restaurant International (YRI) Enterprise, Middleware, and Server teams by gathering the requirement and implementing a highly available international Human Resource recruiting web based system.
- Lead a user provisioning project by working with Middleware, Identity Management teams to gather the requirement and implemented a highly available system.
- Worked with Learning Management Systems to maintain load balancing for learning sites
- Improved application delivery and achieved a cost saving of $305.000 by implementing a virtual load balancer (F5 VIPRION)
- Improved network scalability and operation continuity by implementing Network Virtualization:
- Challenged YUM IT Support Teams to think future around network virtualization by putting together a Nexus Implementation Process
- Worked with Global Network Engineering Architect Team, Server, Storage teams and CISCO, to build know-how on Nexus Design and Implementation, and produced a Nexus final design and documentation. Implemented a Nexus training process to other Engineers
- Challenged Server Team, Hardware Team and Global Network Engineering Team to push beyond incremental thinking by developing a network virtual server’s connectivity standard and lead the effort to implement a sustainable network server connectivity process by installing 36 ESX hosts on the Network with zero impact to users
- Lead the Nexus implementation project by working with Global Network, Wintel servers, Unix servers, Storage, Mainframe, and application owners teams to implement 7 K Nexus at the Data Center core, four 5 K at the distribution/access layer with 2 VDCs and 2 VPCs; migrated 1012 servers with minimal impact to users. This allowed YUM to improve application delivery performance, and improve systems scalability, reliability and security ; and reduce hardware maintenance costs, increase the space utilization efficiency in the data center,.
- Worked with the Server team and implemented a standard configuration to provide a resilient, redundant, virtual distributed switching network connectivity for Virtual Server (VMware VDS)
- Worked in collaboration with Server Team and Taco Bell Business Units to implement vCloud Director with no impact to allow Taco Bell to:
- Increase business agility by empowering users to deploy custom-built services
- Reduce costs by efficiently delivering resources to internal business units as virtual datacenters to increase consolidation and simplify management
- Leverage existing investments to ensure interoperability and application portability
- Increased network performance and availability by converting 4 branch offices to VSS
- Improved Operation excellence by finalizing Data Center best practices documentation
- Provided on-call support for networking issues associated with the global network.
- Provided cross-training to Level 3 on QOS, F5, and other network operation areas
Senior Network Engineer
- Enabled Local and International Business units to increase productivity through technology by providing a consultation in identification of opportunities, assessing network technologies and developing strategies and solutions
- Maintained a close working relationship with other team and business units to define technology objectives and for an optimal solution delivery
- Improved the client overall network by gathering network requirement and providing optimal routing that include OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, and redistribution; and secure solutions and tools;
- Improved network performance by installing 10 GB switches to provide load-balance to VM servers
- Improved Application Servers high availability and performance with Cisco ACE Load-Balancer;
- Improved the network security by Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving firewall and network access problems installing firewalls, and configurating ACLs and applying route filters.
- Was assigned to provide network engineering expertise to First Midwest Bank in Chicago area
- Maintained close working relationship with the CIO and provided a consulting role in assessment of existing and emerging network technology including Virtualization, VOIP, Collaboration, and Cloud
- Improved the overall corporate network security by securing the network using Cisco ASA and PIX Firewall to lockdown application, Cisco IPS to manage intrusion detection, and monitoring security using MARS and making mitigation process improvement by analyzing and tuning Cisco MARS;
- Improved the network security by analyzing the Cisco IPS 4270 installation and making modification to provide an automatic failover;
- Member of a team of 3 Specialists and 12 administrators responsible for design, implementation, troubleshooting and 2nd /3rd level escalation support to Confidential North America site;
- Improved site support process and developed a standard process in collaboration with local and international units
- Maintained a network infrastructure, maintaining regular contact with Confidential user community to understand business needs and requirements and provide network access solutions;
- Provided troubleshooting support, implemented operations improvement processes, applied problem solving skills by identifying area of improvement in site support and implementing improvement process (Kaizen), and executed change control requests and processes;
- Made Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports and shared with Management and team members;
- Improved the IT Support Process by decreasing the ticket closing time from 5 to 2 days.