- Talented, multi - disciplined Systems Administrator providing nearly 10 years of experience with Windows computer and server operating systems in both physical and virtual environments with additional expertise in networking and security.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Operating Systems from XP to Windows 10, and Windows Server 2003 to Server 2012(r2), as well as Cisco/Juniper networking/security devices and services.
- Firm understanding of server roles and operations, network development and implementation, and security best-practice standards for both Windows operating systems and Cisco’s network/security solutions.
- Experienced with VMware vCenter/vSphere (v5.0 - 5.5) virtualization platforms in conjunction with Veeam Backup and Replication software.
- Certified background in cyber security assures proper adherence to best-practice standards in day-to-day operations.
- Proudly served in the Confidential which instilled leadership, guidance, and management abilities reinforcing employers’ confidence and an organizations’ success.
- Consistently recognized for excellent job performance and professionalism.
- Server and Network Administration
- Network and Security Device Management
- Network and Server Security, Backup and Recovery
- Network Topologies and Services (i.e. LAN/WAN, VPN, VoIP, etc.)
- Cisco Server, Network, and Security Solutions
- Microsoft Office Software
- Workstation Installation/Configuration
- IT Security Best-Practices and Standards
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Customer Service-Focused
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and scheduling, troubleshooting, upgrading, repairing and decommissioning of both Classified and Unclassified systems within the organization (i.e. physical and virtual servers, computers, VoIP devices, network devices and storage solutions, etc.).
Confidential, Washington, DC
Network Support Systems Manager
- Primary administrator of the datacenter which consisted of several Cisco/HP/Dell/Lenovo devices from rack servers and blade servers to layer 2/layer 3 switches and routers along with NAS and SAN devices used for High I/O storage, backups, and recovery.
- The operations of the datacenter were used for hosting several of the non-profit healthcare organizations throughout D.C. with 24/7 EHR (Electronic Health Records) database services using eClinicalWorks software.
- Each of the eight (8) clinics were provided with a Production environment, a testing and training environment, support from our EHR helpdesk support specialists, reporting services, and several other services each clinic uniquely needed.
- The position required knowledge on multiple network attached devices, the software and utilities to manage these devices as well as knowledge on installing, implementing, designing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining, and recovering servers using Windows Server 2003/2008R2/2012(+r2) and the roles required for general operations (Domain Controller, Application Server, Exchange Server, File Share Server, etc.).
- Maintained a Windows-based virtual environment with over 50 virtual servers.
- Due to inherent business growth and high availability (HA) requirements, I gained invaluable skills in building, designing, maintaining, and supporting virtual environments.
- In addition, we also used Veeam Backup and Replication software that provided backup and recovery services as well as a virtual test environment for future projects which bolstered my knowledge of disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Implemented the new HIPAA Hitech Express security standards using the QIPSolutions process outline. Coordinating with QIPSolutions and bringing our organization to meet the HIPAA security standards provided me with invaluable experience that would improved my understanding of both HIPAA compliance for the civilian side, as well as Information Assurance Security standards (AR 25-2, DoD 8570.01) for the government agencies.
Confidential, Fort Hood, TX
IT Specialist/LAN Manager
- Installs, operates, and maintains telecommunications and automated message switching equipment; performs networking, troubleshooting, and problem diagnosis; performs tests to check signal flow and linkage to other installations; maintains records of message activity.
- Utilizing Cisco routers, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches, and Cisco Call Manger to supervise, install, operate, and perform unit maintenance on manual and automated telecommunications equipment that link mainframes, minicomputers, and microcomputers to networks; uses various protocols and topologies, including local area networks and wide area networks.
- Responsible for the security, integrity, and quality of service for the information systems within the unit as per AR 25-2 and DoD 8570.01-M.