- Duties included submission of Request for Proposals. Systems engineering and implementation.
- Project design and completion.
- Personnel management.
- Sales and presentations.
- Design and teaching classes.
- Planned and implemented processes and procedures for the HP corporate server support infrastructure.
- I concurrently managed the Confidential Boise Media Operations team, supervising an additional 18 - 21 employees.
- Created the IT services division. Manager, Sales, and Systems Engineer.
- Performed regular network and security audits to assist customers in securing their network infrastructure and execution of the proper technological solutions.
- Engineered, documented, and implemented the standardized Microsoft Windows clustering solutions.
- Provided the initial design and software tool recommendations for the migration of over 1500+ servers (Legacy hardware to Blade hardware).
- Migrated the most difficult 300 servers in the environment during the migration project.
- Redesign of the processes our team and customers utilized in server specification and purchase.
- Constructed the initial Microsoft SharePoint Portal for my team.
- Frequently involved in deep level troubleshooting and the resolution of many of our team's most difficult issues.
- Knowledge and experience with VM Ware ESX and VM Ware Server installation, deployment, and management.
- Engineered and implemented multiple Hyper-V and VMware clustered implementations, configured and implemented DFS using best practices, performed deep level troubleshooting of multiple servers for multiple clients, implemented multiple Server 2008 R2 core installations, implemented MS NPS installations.
- Worked with AD and Group Policy on multiple enterprise clients. Implemented various server clusters and storage array installs. AWS, OneLogin, and many other duties as assigned.
- Implementation of VMware cluster installations, Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, OneLogin SSO, OneLogin SSO integration with AWS, AWS creation and linking of AWS sub-accounts. AWS server migrations utilizing the AWS Migration Services.
- AWS Cost reportingin and analysis, Enterprise-wide installation of StorageCraft and Veeam backups. AWS EC2 Provisioning and monitoring.
- Implementation of the AWS instance scheduler for cost savings. AWS S3 management including auto-tiering and lifecycle management.
- Instigated and deployed AWS tagging on EC2 instances, EBS volumes, and S3 buckets for cost control and reporting.
Software and OS Experience: Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Group Policy design, deployment, and maintenance including AGPM. AD, Hyper-V, DFS, DPM, SCVMM, SCOM, SCCM, Exchange 2003 - 2010, Amazon Web Services, OneLogin, WSUS, PlateSpin, Power Convert, Acronis, Backup Exec, StorageCraft, Veeam, SQL, HP UNIX, Mac OS, Share Point, Microsoft Forefront, Systems Center Endpoint Security, VMware ESX(i) 3 - 6.5, SolarWinds, Nagios, Opsview, Spiceworks and Splunk.
Hardware/Other: System builds, Networking, backup, UPS, routers, switches, remote access, plant cabling and termination, Firewalls, VPN concentrators, Cisco UCS, Storage arrays, Wireless.
Certifications: VMware VCP 6.5 and 5.5, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft Virtualization MCTS, A+ Certified. STI Certified Help Desk Manager, ITSM Foundations. Currently studying for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate.
Demonstrated Skills: Server management. Site engineering. Proactive maintenance. Disaster recovery and troubleshooting. The ability to develop and initiate programs for process improvement. Competence to execute network and system security audits. The aptitude to engineer, present, and implement solutions. Knowledge of how to reduce TCO through process improvements. The desire to maintain and improve productivity, service levels, documentation, policies, and standards. Familiarity with HR administration and performance reporting for employers. Expertise in incident management and process management.
Confidential, Menlo Park, CA
Senior Systems Engineer
- Windows Server management, Active Directory, NTP, APC/UPS configuration, Group Policy, VMware, Storage, Backups, OneLogin SSO, Physical network, AWS, Interview and mentoring of team members.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Senior Systems Engineer
- Windows Server Engineering, Design and implementation of Hyper-V and VMware installations, Systems and application health checks, troubleshooting, Group Policy management and configuration, Windows clustering, and other services as requested.
- Support of enterprise-level clients includes Dolby labs, BioMarin, Exelixis, Proteus, ViewGlass, Research Affiliates, Sony Pictures, and more.
Confidential, Ellensburg, WASenior Systems Engineer
- Engineer and install Windows Active Directory network, branch office VPN, Mobile client VPN, Antivirus solution, and instant recovery backup solution.
- Install Routers, layer two switches, and integrateremote site satellite connections. Run CAT5 and CAT6 Ethernet drops and terminate.
- Install VMware ESXi servers.
- Any and all other aspects of a bare-bones Windows-based server and client network installation.
Confidential, Boise, IDSenior Systems Engineer
- Enterprise support of over 1500 Windows Servers (NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows 2003,) software, hardware, deep level troubleshooting. VMware install and management.