- Highly skilled IT professional with a demonstrated record of improving system stability and flexibility with a cost - conscious focus.
- Offering +20 years of dedicated IT support for industry-leading corporations with a global footprint. Leverages a friendly and patient personality to understand users’ issues and provide quick, TEMPeffective assistance.
- Thrives when overseeing complex projects. Specialization in desktop virtualization and cloud technologies.
- Citrix CVAD (7.1912) | Citrix XenDesktop 7.x | Citrix XenApp 7.x | Citrix NetScaler | ServiceNow | AppSense (DesktopNow) | Windows Desktop OS | Mac OS | Linux OS
- Windows Server 2019/2016 | VMware ESXi Hypervisor | VMware (vSphere) | Sophos Enterprise AV | AWS Cloud
- Disaster Recovery Procedures | Helpdesk Support | Customer Service | Network Security | Technical Support | Vendor Management
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Software Engineering / Citrix Engineer
- Provide support to halp migrate users from legacy VMware View 6, Citrix XenApp 6, and Citrix 7.15 platforms, to a new Citrix CVAD 7.1912 Vx Block platform.
- Created new knowledge base documents, pertaining to accessing the new Citrix environment.
- Updated ServiceNow (catalog) with ongoing updates to applications, VDI, etc. Run Citrix Scout reports, daily, to update team with server, published application, and session data status.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Systems Analyst II
- Add users to DDC Desktop Groups based on security requests, built, and maintained master vDisk images, and managed via (PVS) and VMware Hypervisor.
- Add users to AD Security Groups based on approved license and application access, which would tan allow access published apps.
- Provided support to specified users, testing applications related to current disaster recovery (DR) procedures. Updated and maintained a Windows 7 Pro XenDesktop image, housed at the HP, Alpharetta, GA DR site. Created DR status results documentation pertaining to desktop virtualization and with specifics to any issues encountered during the multi-day test.
- Managed the ‘DesktopNow’ suite, primarily used for personalization, Windows profiles, application control, and performance management. Configured consoles based on change management requests.
- Provided remote Regional Facilitators the ability to upload and review company data by configuring and delivering a group of cost-TEMPeffective notebook devices.
- Overhauled MS Office and Citrix training sessions, hiring several training facilitators, and building training material via SharePoint to deliver quick, TEMPeffective, and easily accessible company-wide training.
- Produced a more unified and streamlined Citrix infrastructure by moving on-premises system to Citrix Cloud hybrid configuration. Partnered with a team of solution architects to in corporate Cloud Connectors to act as a gateway between Citrix Cloud and on-premises workloads (VMWare, XtremIO storage, and VMs).
- Researched, identified, and installed numerous thin clients to provide enterprise-wide Citrix access, resulting in an easy, out of the box experience for installers and users accessing virtual desktops.
- Tapped as primary IT support for Confidential C-Suite and Board of Directors meetings, providing hands-on assistance with remote access to BoardVantage, Citrix, MS Office data, personal devices, and multimedia presentations to ensure seamless and effortless meeting sessions.
Confidential | San Diego, CA
Senior Computer Engineer
- Provided general onsite and Service Desk call Windows OS support for end users.
- Worked closely with the onsite IT procurement director to ensure full compliance with software licensing and regulatory audits.
- Managed an onsite lab where new Windows PCs and repurposed systems were configured and joined to the network.