- DevOps Engineer with overall 6 years of experience as DevOps/System Engineer on AWS, AZURE, VMware ESXi 3,4, 5.0/5.5/6/6.5/6.7 , Windows 2003/08/08R2/12/12R2/16, Red hat Enterprise Linux 5.8/6.3, SUSE 10/11, CentOS 7
- Technical Knowledge and Proficiency in Windows, VMware, Linux and Network administration.
- Experienced in developing automation solutions leveraging shell, bash, and PowerShell scripts to increase the operational efficiency.
- Design and implement scripts (PowerShell and Shell) for production impacting issues.
- Experienced in Virtualization technologies like VMware and XEN
- Experience with Docker containers and AWS services (EC2, ECS, S3, Route53, SQS, SNS, IAM, CloudWatch, RDS, CloudFormation, RDS, Aurora, ELB, Auto Scaling)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline
- Experience supporting, automating, and optimizing mission critical deployments in AWS and AZURE
- Leveraging configuration management, CI/CD, and DevOps processes.
- Working experience in using configuration management and automation tools like Ansible/Puppet.
- Experience in working with Redhat Satellite Server 6.x
- Experience in patching Redhat, Centos and SUSE servers to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Experience using and developing Shell/Bash and Python scripts used to automate day to day administrative tasks
- Worked with JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy.
- Experience in create/manage user accounts, security rights, disk space and process monitoring on OS
- Experienced in installation, configuration, design and ongoing maintenance of Cisco router and switches.
- Experience in iSCSI, NFS, FTP, DHCP, SAMBA, users setup/troubleshooting
- Experience managing file system using LVM, ZFS and configure RAID technologies
- Experienced in creating, mounting file systems and recovering file system errors
- Experienced in scheduling different types of system tasks as per requirement
- Installation and configuration of Web Application servers like Apache, Tomcat and WebLogic
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Open Office, Visio, Outlook, Printing, Windows networking, Security patching
- Ability to work within a team with strong analytical, problem - solving and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Maintain up to date knowledge of new software deployments in SCCM server technologies
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments, experience in providing on-call and weekend support.
Operating Systems: Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x,7.x, SUSE 10.x,11.x Centos 7, Windows Server 2003-2016, Windows 10,7, XP.
Programming Languages: Shell,Bash,Powershell,Powercli.
Database Utilities Tools: TOAD (9.6.1/9.1/8.5 ), Oracle Developer, Squirrel SQL Client 3.7, Microsoft SQL Server Management 2012.
Cloud System: Azure, Amazon Web Services
Ticketing System: Jira, Service Now, Remedy, PAC2000
Databases: MS-SQL Server 2008/2012 and Oracle /9i/10g/11, Confidential - DB2, Informix
Build Tool: Jenkins, UCD
Monitoring Tools: Netcool, Splunk & AppDynamic
Repositories: GitHub, Subversion
Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
Application Servers: Jboss, Apache Tomcat, Web Logic (8/9/10) & Web Sphere 4.0/5.0
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Administration with AWS services like EC2, ECS, S3, VPC, ELB, Autoscaling, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, RDS, ECR, CloudFormation, SNS etc.
- Created new RDS instances, S3 buckets with desired lifecycle policies, IAM Roles, tags
- Work with different teams to support CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins
- Support development teams with database configuration - MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL
- Perform Jenkins administration, core and plugin updates - used groovy/bash/python for automation
- Create and manage templates for automation using CloudFormation/Ansible - Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Perform GitHub operations to manage source code for deployments.
- Developed Ansible scripts to provision EC2 hosts with required dependencies and software packages.
- Mitigate hardening and vulnerability issues to comply with security standards
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems
- Involved in Jenkins plugin management areas and implemented several CI/CD plugins like build pipeline, Docker, GIT, JUnit and pipeline plugins.
- Configuring CD/CI tools using Blue - Green deployment methodology
- Created and managed GIT repositories by performing tagging, merging and branching strategies
- Integrate with Agile & Kanban; create and manage work with Service Now and JIRA ticketing Tools
- Document day-to-day operations and troubleshooting documents on Confluence.
- Configured the Load Balancers and VPC with Public and private subnets.
- Provisioned servers and deployed features using Ansible
- Manage RedHat satellite server for performing package management tasks
- Install, configure and update Linux, Windows machines.
- Install software, patches and maintain system performance by performing system monitoring and troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating systems on Redhat and Windows servers.
- Fine tuning of Operating System and performance analysis, uptime and response time and SLA
- Involved with the deployment teams in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production on 24/7 schedule. Work with vendors to create support cases and any maintenance activities
- Scheduling snapshots of volumes for backup and find root cause analysis of failures and documenting bugs and fixes; scheduled downtimes and maintenance of servers
- Co-ordinate with Change Management Board (CAB) and other teams to get necessary approvals in order to improve the process for smooth deployments
- Manage log aggregation using Splunk forwarder and create dashboards on Splunk.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
Systems Engineer/DevOps Engineer
- Installing, Configuring and Maintaining of 50000+ physical, virtual Windows and Linux servers running on XEN and VMware hosts.
- Troubleshooting OS related issues for windows 2003/08/08R2/12/12R2/16, SLES 10/11, CentOS 7 and VMware ESXi 5/5.5/6/6.5/6.7 hosts.
- Worked as Cloud Administrator on Microsoft Azure, involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, resource groups.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure (Public) Cloud to provide IaaS support to client. Create Virtual Machines through Power Shell Script and Azure Portal.
- Manage and Create Storage Account and Affinity Group in Azure Portal.
- Capture an image of a Virtual Machine. Attaching a Disk to a Virtual Machine. Manage and create Virtual Network and End Points in Azure Portal.
- Worked on automation of activities through writing scripts (PowerShell, PowerCli, Shell, Bash).
- Migrations: Windows/Linux servers (P2V/V2V/New Build). Personally, performed over a thousand server
- Worked on conversion projects of VSA to VSAN, hardware upgrades and Xen to VMware virtualization.
- Deploy and Configure VMware vRealize Operations Manager (vROPS) 7.0 on vSphere 6.7
- Validating and optimizing Performance and resolve problems using PowerShell and Shell Scripting.
- Used configuration management tools like Ansible.
- Used Ansible as Configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manages changes using bash/shell, python
- Building and monitoring in the project has been done continuously with a CI Tools like Jenkins. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects
- Created build/deploy documentation in confluence for various applications
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also, configuration automation using Docker containers
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging and tagging
- Worked extensively on ESXi Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up of VM priorities, Templates, Cloning and snapshots. Worked on building, managing and troubleshooting VSA 5.5 clusters and vSAN 6.0 and 6.5,6.7 clusters
- Created documentation for Server Builds, Application Installations, Hardware replacement and server validation.
- Handling First and Second Level escalation problem tickets. Participated in regular 24X7 On-call rotation.