- Quality - driven IT professional experience with diverse organizations including fortune companies in large-scale data center environment, cloud base services, AWS, security, network/switch engineering, Windows, Cisco, Juniper, Ericsson, and Lucent systems administration, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Designed, installed, configured, and maintain complex network infrastructure.
- Enrich with strong interpersonal and analytical skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a team or individually driven fast paced environment.
- Comptia A+
Confidential, Herndon, VACLOUD SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to customers' individual needs.
- Work directly with Confidential Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Engage with and resolve customer’s technical issues via phone, chat or email.
- Implement and worked with the following AWS services: CloudWatch and EventBridge, Direct Connect, VPC, VPN, Transit Gateway and Network Manager.
- Experience in working with the following tools technologies: Networking (DNS, TCP/IP), IPsec and SSL VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools ·
- Supported Project Lever to deliver encryption for customer traffic.
- Managed Knoxs swapping of non-encryption routers with encryption routers.
- Configured, staged, and swapped lever Knox devices (7772).
- Troubleshoot fiber architecture, DWDM systems, and resolving johnny5 tickets.
- Troubleshoot cabling infrastructure connectivity issues (patch panels and patch cord).
- Implemented MACSec via Rock Racks to encrypt customer data.
- Provided mentorship and training for new hires.
- Worked and exceeded SLA’s against assigned trouble tickets via a directed workflow to minimized failure rates.
- First line touch point for hardware troubleshooting and technical issues.
- Performed regular server hardware repairs (drives, motherboards etc).
- Carry out routine network, server hardware and OS related repairs
- Work with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to complete routine work
- Adhere to security and safety best practices in the data center
- Participate in Data Center power & cooling events
- Participate in team meetings for metric analysis and daily/weekly goals achievement
- Identify and help create process improvements relevant to the data center environment
- Contribute to the development of other team members
Confidential, Colmbus, GA
SR. NETWORK ENGINEER
- Implemented and managed fiber design for data center connections to 7ks, 9ks, and 5ks.
- Successfully managed the implementation of spanning tree, creating a loop-free environment for the Synovus footprint.
- Configured and employed Virtualization technologies.
- Configured firewalls, creating and implementing firewalls rules, building IPSEC tunnels, SSL VPNs, and more.
- Developing and implementing guidelines for information security division.
- 95% success rate in response and resolution to security/firewall issues.
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, and consultants.
- Subject Matter Expert for Solar Winds, managing all configurations and implementations.
- Subject Matter Expert for F5 load balancer, configures, build, and implement all VIPs, Certificates, and profiles.
- Worked with application owners to outline the installation of applications in the company’s environment, diagrams all network components associated with applications in both production and development.
- Worked on complex application problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation and judgment. Evaluated new products. Monitored and controlled infrastructure performance in the areas of response, throughput, and availability. Monitored protocol compatibility and performs system tuning and makes recommendations for improvements.
IT NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
- Proactively managed and troubleshoot routers, switches, firewalls, and servers.
- Maintained, analyzed, repaired, and upgraded network and computer systems.
- Planned, designed, and implemented network and data center architectures.
- Monitored and adhered to triple A’s guidelines.
- Subject Matter Expert for Solar Winds.
- Successfully managed transition from Dell SonicWALL to Cisco ASA.
- Managed, optimized, and troubleshoot servers, routers and switches producing seamless productivity for intranet users. Manage the advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of regional network elements, ensuring 100% integrity and quality.
- Produced 100% reduction in downtime and outages resulting in increased customer retention.
- Coordinated installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities; fiber optics, OC48, T3, T1 and DSO, CDPD, ATM, OTN, CDMA Data, LTE, AWS, EWS, STP, OMP, desktop, and laptop PC’s from multiple vendor systems (Cisco, Juniper, Ericsson, and Lucent); resulting in network communication stability.
- Implemented major transfer of 3G network to LTE (long term evolution), from origination to completion to include configuring, loading into OSS, achieving vendor licenses, converting old traffic onto the new platform and conducting network traffic analysis.