- An experienced and successful information technology professional with a background in serving as a subject matter expert (SME) on storage technologies, project management, data implementations, technical support, troubleshooting, customer relations, vendor management.
- Excellent record of utilizing communication and interpersonal skills serving as SME on storage technologies.
- Designs and develops effective solutions, specifications, and quotes, based upon customer needs, systems, and standards.
- A strategic and critical thinker with a strong sense of work ethic, professionalism and integrity who responds to changing business conditions and secures new opportunities to ensure a company’s prosperous future.
- Storage System OS/Firmware Upgrades, including Disk and Shelf Firmware
- Data Ontap Configuration, including Network Configuration, CIFS, NFS, FC, and iSCSI
- Node and Cluster Level Provisioning, including Aggregates, Volumes, LUNs, and CIFS Shares
- Backup & Disaster Recovery utilizing Snapshot/Snapmirror Schedules and Relationships Configuration and Maintenance
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
IT Systems Specialist
- Served as team SME for storage technologies.
- Designed, architected, installed, and documented enterprise - wide information systems, servers, and services.
- Worked with management to define strategic direction.
- Managed and supported services and load balancing in environments, determining requirements through discussions with customers, vendors, and other IT departments.
- Supported VMWare team in provisioning datastores and RDMs.
- Completed DR failover tests in support of network and applications teams.
- Managed FC switches, including Cisco MDS, in production and DR sites including zoning changes.
- Designed, and developed effective solutions, specifications, and quotes, based upon customer needs, systems, and standards.
- Integrated systems within enterprise directories according to established policies and procedures to ensure customer access requirements.
- Provided quality and timely technical support and assistance to customers, vendors, and other IT personnel to resolve problems and issues in clear and concise manner.
- Evaluated system performance by running tests using appropriate methodologies and tools. Performed periodic maintenance to restore, maintain and improve performance of all information systems.
- Managed projects to ensure quality and timely implementation of data center systems using established tools and procedures while monitoring project status and resolving issues in timely manner.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Professional Storage Administrator
- Troubleshot performance issues on network-attached storage, including NAS storage platforms via CLI and OCUM.
- Managed advanced troubleshooting of file protocols, including CIFS and NFSv3/v4.
- Handled HDS, including G-Series volume allocations and de-allocations via HiCommand.
- Configured and maintained storage infrastructure providing optimal availability, performance, and best practices via CLI and Unified Manager.
- Evaluated performance, monitored workloads, and analyzed results to ensure optimal operations.
- Oversaw hardware lifecycle management.
- Led and coordinated projects, including new installations, upgrades, and retrofits.
- Converted full 7-Mode environment to C-Dot 9.2 using tools such as 7MTT, StorageX, and Beyond Compare.
- Setup and implemented Netapp Storage Encryption
- Configured global Netapp fleet for replication and disaster recovery via Snapmirror and SnapVault relationships
- Maintained platform and procedural documentation
- Developed and improved upon operational procedures and standards
- Acted as SME providing advanced technical expertise for projects and/or assisting sales teams with understanding customer requirements.
- Provided vendor management to assure hardware integrity through storage infrastructure.
- Provided final tier support for storage related escalations