- Senior level professional with a background in Telecommunications Industry Operations (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS) focusing on Video Conferencing Services as well as local and long distance voice telephony services.
- Martin brings 27 years of progressive experience in Requirements Definition, Functional Specifications, Operations Analysis, Systems Design and Overall Applications Architecture spanning the telecom infrastructure from Customer service and Billing through network management and trouble reporting.
- His skill sets include Business Modeling, Product Management, Program Management, organizational management and the ability to bridge the gap between the business and technical communities.
- Budget, Goals & Objectives
- Process Re - engineering
- Program/Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Business Modeling
- Presentation (Verbal and written)
- Vendor Management
- Operation Analysis
- Matrix Management
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Applications Integration
Senior Product Manager
- Developed the Integrated Business Video Services OSS/BSS application strategy in support of the entire service delivery platform and operations processes.
- Implemented specific components of the applications strategy including ordering, provisioning, conference management, billing, reporting and customer facing portal.
- Developed and managed the annual expense and capital budget for OSS/BSS applications.
- As part of an integration strategy, led teams of Engineering and Operations personnel in vendor evaluation and selections.
- Developed and implemented Inter-exchange billing and settlement processes for video services.
Systems Engineering Consultant
- Define end to end architecture for major enterprise customer & government solutions
- Tier 1 Systems engineering developing project documents including business and technical requirements (BRD and TR), impact assessments and systems gap analysis within the Confidential amp;T Express 1 Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Reviewed and verified business requirements and gained user and management approvals as part of the SDLC project plan.
- Architect solutions across Business Support Systems platforms (BSS systems including CRIS - Customer Relationship Info Sys, BBGW - Billing Gateway, UB - Universal Biller, AMPD - Alternate Media Platform Database, CFM - Customer Financial Module) including order, service delivery, billing and trouble reporting. Applications are a combination of internal development and vendor supplied. Solutions included integration and applications interfaces including the use of EDI, FTP and XML technologies.
- Determine migration path for product, network and customer data after Confidential amp;T merger activity.
- Determine software based solutions for new products and services and apply both business and operations analysis to define least cost / least impact initiatives. This effort included process definition, workflow and the automation of various tasks to aid work center personnel in delivery of new services as well as billing, payments and revenue allocation.
- Acted as the IS representative in defining, participating in and support of User Acceptance Testing. The BRD and TR documents were base-lined as source documents for UAT test plans.