- Collaborative Design Engineer with 14 years of experience leading design, development and testing of mechanical products and equipment.
- Proven track record of end - to-end PLM support for clients
- Considered valuable asset while contributing excellence in cross-functional project leadership to deliver products and solutions on-time and within budget.
- Strong communicator with ability to translate design requirements into actionable plans.
- Sand castings & Die castings
- Sheet metal/Fabricated
- Welded structures
- Hydraulic and cooling installation
- Piping design and routing
- Injection molded plastic
- Rotomolded plastic
- Cabling/Electric harness
- Surface modeling
- Teamcenter engineering
- Vismock-up, EDN & EDS
- Navision & CETol
- Fastener advisor
- SDP fluid lines, HVC
- Tolerance stack-up analysis
- Model based definition (MBD)
- 2D drawing & 3D Modeling
- Six Sigma (DMAIC)
- GD & T, ASME Y14.5
- APQP & PPAP
- DFMEA, DVP & R
- Product Compliance matrix
Confidential, Brooklyn park, MN
Mechanical Design engineer
- Developed concepts for cooling package installation, coolant lines, Hydraulic lines and fuel lines that resolve the current cooling package issues and provide enhanced serviceability for NPI.
- Developed Hood structure concepts that in corporate Cooling installation changes. Developed Frame structure concepts that incorporates aesthetic changes made on the machine.
- Used six sigma methodology (Pugh matrix) to evaluate and prioritize concepts. Supported Machine aesthetic design by creating concepts using surface modeling. Performed CPPD activities with suppliers.
- Developed Injection molded operator console base and rotomolded column covers for tractor and screed.
- Developed concepts using 3D CAD tool CREO by creating 3D CAD models and detailed drawings.
Confidential, Bonita springs, FL
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Managed Design activities for a multitude of products as DEF tanks, DEF header assemblies, Fast fill fuel components, Fuel tank caps, DEF tank caps and custom products for on road and Off road machines and trucks.
- Activities incudes Creating 3D concepts, FEA/Simulation, Drafting, Dimensioning, quality checking, tolerancing. Handled PLM activities as Product compliance matrix, DVP & R, writing test requests, BOM creation using Navision, prototyping, DFMEA, Design reviews with cross functional teams and supported PPAP
- Collaborated with suppliers to confirm Design for manufacturability (DFM) and to identify cost saving areas. Typical methods of manufacturing processes used are Injection molding, Rotomolding, Sheet metal welding, Machining and tube bending and forming.
- Performed engineering changes (ECO) to address field issues, factory issues and to improve the product design (CPI).
- Performed vol. analysis for DEF tanks to predict DEF freeze profile and its effects. Explore and use “off the shelf items” which are readily available in market to reduce overall build time and cost of the product.
- Perform flow test to identify the pump that meets the requirements of the DEF fill system.
- Performed fit-up tests and supported proto builds. Provided packaging design for shipping the product to customer.
- Developed packaging and shipping instructions and procedures for safe and durable shipping.
- Supported the production line start-up by providing training and technical expertise to plant operators on “DEF remote fill system”. Created Engineering drawings, Manufacturing drawings and manufacturing BOM.