- Senior network engineer with over 20+ years’ experience implementing WAN/SD - WANs, LAN/WLANs and Firewall technologies.
- I excel at analyzing problematic connectivity issues and developing a strategy to overcome the technical challenges through the implementation and integration of innovative designs and technologies to provide a solution that meets or exceeds the specified parameters of the project.
- Experienced managing new facility construction projects, assessing connectivity needs and designing network infrastructures, accordingly, ensuring municipality code requirements are met, overseeing vendors, budgets and integrating with other teams involved with the construction project.
- Utilized automation to convert over 120 branch SD-WAN devices from Velo to Cloud Genix in under 6 weeks to avert having to renew the VELO contract.
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable, fault-tolerant enterprise solutions providing connectivity between and within the branch office, data center, cloud environment, and remote users and business partners.
- Experience in managing systems integration projects and personal within time and budget constraints in a variety of environments delivering solutions that meet business requirements and reduce operational expenses.
- Experience in the construction of new facilities and the reconfiguration of newly acquired pre-existing structures, ensuring that they are built to meet the business’s connectivity requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner. Engaging and managing the various contractors required to facilitate the needed work. Working with the corporate project team, coordinating and integrating the networking component of our projects to flow smoothly within the overall project plans and the operations of the other onsite contractors.
- Ability to implement, manage and support Active Directory and other Microsoft network services such as IAS and NPS.
- Solarwinds Orion network monitoring server.
- Cisco Routing, Switching and Wireless Technologies.
- Cisco Nexus Data Center Switching
- Cisco VoIP, CUCM using MGCP, CME and Unity.
- Cisco ACS, ISE, PRIME and AIR-OS and IOS-XE WLCs.
- VELO and CloudGenix SD-WAN platforms.
- Automating the deployment and maintenance of SD-WAN infrastructure using Python scripts.
- BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF.
- Management of SD-WAN infrastructure.
- Procurement of connectivity solutions and networking hardware.
- Engaging and managing contractors to perform various network related work as required at remote office locations.
- Management of Web filtering solutions for Confidential utilizing multiple applications such as CSP, Zscaler, Message Labs.
- The management and maintenance of the Equinix DR resources.
- Performing yearly Data Center disaster recovery testing to meet SOX compliance requirements.
- The migration of the Data Center legacy switch and routing infrastructure from a Catalyst to a Nexus and IOS-XR ISR environment.
- The redesigning and implementation of the corporate WAN solution incorporating and intergrading SD-WAN technologies with the existing environment while increasing the capacity and resiliency of the network.
- The migration from Cisco ASA to Palo Alto Firewalls
- The migration of P2P VPNs from Cisco routers and ASA to Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Implemented DMVPN connectivity solutions resulting in a reduction of over $500,000 in the yearly IT budget enabling the replacement of expensive and low bandwidth mpls T1 connectivity with higher bandwidth lower cost DIA circuits.
- Maintained the WAN/LAN connectivity and infrastructure of over 130 corporate business units throughout Virginia, West Virginia and Kentucky.
- Managed corporate Cisco CUCM and Unity VoIP applications.
- Design and implement remote site VoIP failover solutions.
- Design and maintained Cisco wireless infrastructure.
- Meet with the management of business units to determine technology needs, make appropriate recommendations then arranged for the hardware acquisition and engaged various vendors and oversaw the work required to implement the solution.
- Cultivated and maintained vendor and consultant relationships.
- Maed recommendations regarding hardware platforms and technologies to enhance network performance, reliability, flexibility and maintenance.
- Oversaw and managed all aspects involved with the construction of new offices and warehouses as related to network infrastructure.
- Maintaining the various networking infrastructure, Servers, Firewalls, switches, routers, and SD-WAN devices with respect to upgrades and patching to ensure that they remained current and address any security vulnerabilities throughout the enterprise.
- Management of the corporate firewalls.
- Addressing issues related to user connectivity such as VPN, Internet access and network performance.