- 10+ years of experience in enterprise level network security, engineering, and systems management
- Excellent troubleshooting skills including packet capture and analysis
- Solid Understanding of ITIL v3 principles
- Proven track record of successfully handling multiple concurrent large scale projects
- Consistently recognized as a top performer, resulting in multiple promotions to leadership / mentor roles
- Proven ability to work well with local / remote teams as well as self - manage in a telecommute role
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate successfully with customers, vendors, and management
Firewalls: Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, PaloAlto, Fortinet
Load Balancing: F5, Netscaler, Cisco
IPS / IDS: TippingPoint, SNORT, McAfee
Routing / Switching: Cisco, HP
VPN: Cisco, Checkpoint, F5
Proxy: Bluecoat, Cisco
Scripting: F5 iRule, Windows, BASH
DNS: Windows, BIND
Server management: VMware, Linux, UNIX, Windows Server
Mail: Microsoft Exchange, qMail, Sendmail
Senior Network Security Engineer
- Cross functional across Traffic Management (F5) and Firewall Engineering teams
- Design and support of enterprise F5 LTM / GTM deployments
- Design and support of enterprise firewall deployments (Checkpoint, Cisco, Fortinet)
Senior Network Security Engineer / Operations Manager
- Main responsibility was day to day management of customer networks including F5 LTM / GTM, TippingPoint / Cisco IPS, Cisco routing / switching, Cisco / Checkpoint firewalls, and BlueCoat proxy.
- Lead engineer responsible for VPN connectivity between Confidential corporate and hotel properties
- Considered one of the “go-to” engineers for resolving high visibility network issues
Senior Network Security EngineerResponsibilities:
- Project was the largest in HP and F5 history at the time, which was migrating all Confidential domains to F5 LTM / GTM.
- Scripting F5 LTM / GTM VIPs / WIPs and staging for DNS cutover
- Troubleshooting high visibility issues during and after cutover from legacy URLs to F5 VIP / WIP
Network Security Engineer
- Responsible for Cisco routers / switches and Checkpoint / Juniper firewalls developing an enterprise wide SSO architecture (short term contract).
- Primary engineer for router, switch, and firewall changes rolling out enterprise single sign on portal
Senior Network EngineerResponsibilities:
- Responsible for Cisco routers / switches, Cisco, Juniper, and Checkpoint firewalls, Cisco and F5 load balancers, and Cisco and Checkpoint VPN.
- Datacenter migration - led migration of business partner connectivity
- Lead engineer on multiple successful projects and remote site designs / build outs
- Worked with business partners to establish and maintain 70+ VPN tunnels
- Senior engineer on team selected to design and build new corporate HQ network
- Responsible for firewall rule implementation and testing
Security Team Supervisor / Senior Network Security Engineer
- Led migration to Checkpoint NGX
- Migration to F5 LTM from Alteon and Cisco Local Director
- Implemented F5 FirePass SSL VPN for user remote access
- Design and implementation of TippingPoint IPS deployment
- Consistent improvement of standards, processes, and workflow
- Architect and lead engineer for enterprise wide SSO implementation
- Main functions included daily administration and maintenance of nationwide corporate network consisting of Cisco routers, switches, Checkpoint / Cisco firewalls, and wireless equipment. 800 desktops, Windows NT - 2003.
- Selected as engineer to travel to Mexico to design and implement network upgrades
- Drove project to migrate Oracle systems from Windows NT to 2k
- Managed successful roll outs of Windows 2000/2003, Exchange 2000/2003
- Configured and maintained multiple Windows and RedHat Linux servers
Senior Field Engineer
- Field Engineer responsible for multiple customer networks.
- Was promoted to Senior Field Engineer after first year.
- Main functions included design, installation, and administration of customer environments including Cisco, SonicWall, Windows, Linux, Novell, Exchange, SQL, AS/400, etc.
- Quickly rose to the top of the field engineers and exclusively handled most major accounts
- Drove the company's first Linux implementations
- Configured and maintained multiple Windows and RedHat Linux servers for Confidential and its clients
- Maintained detailed network documentation for all client networks
- Main duty was administration of corporate and production networks including Windows NT, Exchange, SQL, Windows workstations, EDI systems, Cisco Pix, frame relay, structured cabling.