- I am a Software Engineer with 24 years' experience in Cobol, CICS, DB2, IMS DB/DC, Datacom, JCL, TSO, SQL and many mainframe tools and utilities.
- I have worked in applications ranging from payroll, finance, medical, insurance and manufacturing to telecommunication.
- I have worked in all phases of development - analysis, project estimation, design, documentation, coding, testing, releases, QA, implementation, trouble shooting and production support.
- I have also coordinated various system upgrades, Disaster Recovery exercises and system tests.I am a US Citizen working in the US since 1996.
- I have good oral and written communication skills, good analytical skills, am a team player and self-starter.
- SCM Workbench
- Control-M(job scheduler)
- IMS XPERT
- Microsoft Windows
- MF REVOLVE Version 2.0.08
- MQ Series
- Oracle Forms 6.0
- CA-IDEAL, ROSCOE
- MS Office Products
Confidential, Oakland, CAProgrammer Analyst
- Role Programmer Analyst involved in the entire project development lifecycle including analysis, walkthroughs, design, development, documentation, enhancements, bug fixes, testing, and release.
- I am part of the release team doing releases for the whole team including updating the payroll website for new releases to be distributed to all the campuses.
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Senior Software Engineer
- Role Senior Software Engineer involved in the entire project development lifecycle including analysis, requirements, walkthroughs, design, development, enhancements, QC, testing, coordination and implementations.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support for the host system with a transaction volume of 80,000 transactions per day.
- Participated in the Mainframe Migration Project to migrate the mainframe system to an Oracle web based system - did the analysis and design, and coded in Oracle Forms.
- Resolved user problems and production issues. Did the change control, testing and documentation for production releases and installed numerous releases.
- Acted as a coordinator for Disaster Recovery exercises, Datacom upgrade, OS/390 upgrade, CICS and SAS upgrades and COBOL conversion.
- Set up data feeds to synchronize the Datacom and Oracle databases.
- Was responsible for setting up a test region. Also did the sizing and impact analysis for various projects.
- Conducted initial meetings and brain storming sessions to address the feasibility of merging US and European database efforts.
Confidential, San Ramon, CAPerformed extensive analysis
- Role Performed extensive analysis and enhancements, testing and production support.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Role Performed analysis, enhancements, production support and solved user problems.
Confidential, San Ramon, CAConsultant
- Role Consultant involved in analysis, design, coding and testing of COBOL DB2 programs.
- Performed impact analysis and coded and implemented several database conversion programs.
Confidential, Troy, MIConsultant
- Role Consultant involved in analysis, coding, modification, testing and debugging of COBOL IMS DB2 and PL/1 programs.
- Performed detailed system analysis and had extensive user interaction.
- Responsible for trouble shooting and resolving problems reported by the users.
Confidential, Cary, NCSystems Engineer
- Role Systems Engineer involved in analysis, design, development, modification, testing, debugging and documentation of COBOL CICS DB2 programs.
- Documented the system using MF Revolve.
- Role Engineer involved in coding, testing and implementing assembly language programs to provide signals, delays and messages to hardware circuits.
- The hardware circuits for the speed control of a rotor were also developed and implemented.