- Leadership experience as Sr. Level Engineer offering insight into projects and establishing collaboration between teams
- Active CCNA Certification (Routing and Switching)
- Extensive experience in Palo Alto firewall implementation & support including Panorama, Wildfire, and SSL Decrypting
- Other Certifications include: ITIL v3, CompTIA Security+, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (Server 2003)
- Successfully managed a high availability Metro - E network of 25+ medical clinics serving 1000s of patients daily
- High familiarity with planning and provisioning of all aspects of multi-campus network deployments
- Optimized WAN/LAN network for multicast video stream viewed by +20,000 weekly at San Diego Confidential
- Proficient with major LAN/WAN administration tools including: SolarWinds, Meraki, PRTG, Wireshark, Etc.
Server Operating Systems: Windows Server 2016/2012/2008 , Apple OSX server, VMware ESXi
Client Operating Systems: Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS 8-9-10
Network Skills: Cisco IOS, Palo Alto Next Gen Firewall, Layer2 Switching and Layer3 Routing, Most Configurations of wireless controllers and access Points, VPN Setup and Configurations, Active Directory (Group Policies), DHCP & DNS Configurations
Hardware Experience: Proficient in Apple, HP, Dell, IBM, Confidential and Sun Hardware, All Variances of RAID, Ethernet and Fiber Cabling.
Palo Alto Engineer
- Responsible for full staging of Palo Alto firewalls for replacement of Juniper firewalls at Gas/Electric Sites throughout Southern California
- Creation and maintenance of documentation of deployment procedures
- Adherence to strict change control guidelines within a highly regulated energy grid
- Regular coordination & communication with remote team members to ensure seamless handoff to customer
Senior Network Engineer
- Senior level escalation point for 30+ clinics serving hundreds of Medical professionals & thousands of patients
- Primary point of contact for all LAN/WAN Metro-E & Internet connectivity for 30+ Sites
- Implemented and tuned DDI (DHCP-DNS-IPAM) through SolarWinds
- Managing & monitoring of corporate SonicWall Firewall for Intrusion detection and VPN connectivity
- Primary technical contact with all critical services (ISP), hardware, and supply vendors
- Serving as highest point of escalation from Level 1 & 2 Helpdesk and engineering teams
- Creation, compiling, and editing of Network documentation of all Layer 2, Layer 3, Metro-E, & Internet connectivity
Technical Resource Center Specialist
- Technical solutions expert and technical lead during service request/customer case interactions for fortune 500/100 Companies
- Primary areas of expertise include operating system, networking, compute and storage as it pertains to converged infrastructure and their use in Public, Private, and Hybrid cloud applications.
- Develop and provide accurate and creative solutions for customer issues resulting in a timely distribution of knowledge and positive impact on customer satisfaction.
- Create and present documentation to customers on technical problems, troubleshooting steps, recommendations, and action plans..
- Act as a product liaison for major products, working with other corporate departments and 3rd party developers to solve technical issues.
- Responsible for all facets of infrastructure deployments for new sites, Including technical design, integration, & installation
- Successfully replaced legacy Cisco ASA with Palo Alto NextGen Firewall
- Implemented corporate wide QoS policies that profoundly improved end user experiences at clinics and reduced support calls by 50%
- Responsible for creating and maintaining healthy relationships with critical service, hardware, and supply vendors
- Provide Tier3 engineering support of all VOIP & LAN/WAN connections for more than 1400 Doctors & support staff at over 25 clinics
- Advanced troubleshooting of complex networking route/switch issues such as EIGRP, Spanning Tree, & VOIP latency issues
- Upgrade and replace EOL network gear including Layer 3 routers, Layer 2 switches and Firewalls
- Create and maintain accurate, detailed documentation of network sites and associated connectivity
Senior Network Engineer
- Responsible for all LAN/WAN/Internet connectivity between Main campus location and 9 satellite campuses
- Immediately responsible for network planning and deployment of all new campuses including routing paths, subnetting, and IP schemes
- Sole technical contact for health of multicast video feed from main campus to all satellite locations via Cisco backbone
- Planned and deployed segmented VLAN traffic for Wi-fi users, servers, and onsite academy
- Support more than 300 users on staff, including teachers, students, and more than 20,000 congregants attending weekly services
- Plan, propose, and implement all network infrastructure upgrades/repairs including budget approvals and justifying documentation
- Support all critical network services hosted on 30+ servers facilitating Active Directory, Radius, Printing, Antivirus, proximity card readers, cyber keys, etc.
- Maintain all aspects of Shoretel VOIP system and all supporting infrastructure
- Nurture & maintain all vendor relationships with hardware suppliers, Internet Service Providers and various assorted business associates
- Active Directory computer & user account administration for moves, adds, and changes
- Fielded Exchange, Outlook, Instant Messaging and Blackberry support tickets for user base of 12,000
- Ensured connectivity between Avaya VOIP phone system and messaging systems (Email, I.M., & real time calendar presence)
- Third Tier support for Microsoft Office Communicator clients and infrastructure.
- Critical role in planning and execution upgrade of Blackberry Enterprise server (ver. 4 to ver. 5)
- Responsible for network wide upgrade of client side application of Office Communicator 2005 (LCS) version to 2007 (OCS)