- Creative and Practical Mechanism Designs in SolidWorks for Medical, Electronic, and Aerospace industries
- Critical thinking skills in Automation & Product Design as it relates to robust high - speed precision assembly
- I lead A Machine Build Group on multiple Automation Builds for Teradyne and Molex Connectors
- Forensic investigative skills utilizing a microscope to diagnose assembly problems of very small components
- Re-design experience with Custom Automation of Syringe Needle placement in Micro Over-Molding process
- In depth experience with sometimes challenging precision measurements in the Custom Machine Build process
- Experience with the use of Servo, Stepper, and conventional motors, with indexing gearboxes and clutch brakes
- Proof of Concept Design and Build of later patented medical devices
- Detail Drawings with BOMs and FEA in SW with GD&T (if needed)
- EPDM experience in Creo Windchill and SolidWorks
- In Depth Machine Conditioning with Robots, High Speed Assembly, Vision guided acquisition, and Feeder Bowls
- Root Cause Problem Analysis and Building of A broad array of Precision Mechanisms
- Robot End of Arm Multiple component pneumatic Gripper Tooling Designed and Built
- Experience with many types of proximity, thru-beam, and reflective type programable sensors
- Experience with component escapement mechanisms and tuning of vibratory and centrifugal feeder bowls
- Technical Writing of Machine Operation, Maintenance Instructions, and Diagnostic Logic Trees
- Functional Understanding of PLC Logic, Machine Vision systems, and Sensors
- Precision Metrology measurements on Equipment or in Lab
- Precision Machining on Mill, Lathe, and Surface Grinder
- Welding of Steel and Aluminum with TIG, MIG, Oxy-acetylene, and Stick
- Design of Experiments to Diagnose Assembly Problems
- Tolerance Stack-Up Analysis of Assemblies
- Designed A High-Performance Automotive Pushrod Suspension in CAD for SEMA show car
- Designed High Speed connector assemble and crimp machine for .018” diameter pin and various sleeves
- Designed End of Arm spreadable centerline multi-component transfer tooling
Confidential, York, PA
Sr. Tooling Engineer
- Conceive and design custom heavy part lifting and manipulation tooling utilizing leadscrews, worm gears, and hydraulics
- Design welding pre-bow and part positioning fixtures
- Generate all detail, assembly, and welding drawings and BOMs
- Update and rework existing fixture designs, drawings and BOMs
- Gather dimensions from large 5000-part models and physical measurements as needed
Confidential, Camp Hill, PA
Design Lab Specialist
- Managed New Product Development Lab
- Designed and built large Instron test bed and associated fixtures for new product testing.
- Upgraded and developed components for mated Strike Test equipment.
- Remodeled new product components. Prepped and painted 3-D printed new product samples.
- Procured new equipment and raw materials for test equipment and the Design lab.
Confidential, York, PA
Machine Design Engineer
- Conceived, designed, and detailed precision alignment fixtures to aide assembly of newly designed solar cell panel assembly automation.
- Designed and detailed automation components.
Confidential, East Berlin, PA
Engineering CAD Designer
- Configured and organized large cad models of various AG tractor features and available options
- Engineered, designed, and oversaw installation of large driveshaft support weldment modification
- Designed concept for automated spreader equipment
- Conceived, designed, engineered, and built pilot level automation utilizing 3 axis SCARA robots with multi-function EOA tooling, servo driven linear slides, pneumatic grippers, cylinders, and rotary actuators.
- Designed QA dimension measurement testing fixtures that ensured stringent gage repeatability.
- Custom Designed collet and cam driven clamping mechanisms in destructive test fixtures.
- Designed fixtures that utilized linear bearings, springs, proximity sensors and dial indicators for product testing
- Participated in Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) with product analysis and root cause correction.
- Generated “touch tooling” designs that provided the component control needed for robust assembly reliability.
- Generated mechanical modeling and simulation of mechanisms, cams, servo slides, and related tooling.
- Built and conditioned high-speed custom automation and insertion machinery. This equipment utilized various types of cams to operate walking beams and drive component insertions.
- Conditioned, reworked, and TIG welded vibratory and centrifugal feeder bowls.
- Revised hundreds of drawings and solved hundreds of dynamic mechanical challenges in high-speed assembly.
- Assisted in machine code logic development and machine vision system development.
- Maintained, developed, and designed various dies, de-flash machines and fixtures
- Welded and built custom 45-reel de-reeler
- Designed and built dies to form stamped prototype electrical connector components.
- Machined and assembled very small round multi-piece prototype coaxial connector assemblies.
- Worked on one of the first stereo-lithographers (3D printer) in the area.