- System Programmer and Tier 2 Support Professional wif twenty - plus years of experience supporting internal and client projects.
- Intensive noledge of MVS Mainframe, Confidential IMS, DB2 systems, and BMC, NEON, and Compuware products.
- Proactive self-starter skilled in executing multiple concurrent projects in challenging, fast-paced work environments.
- Expert-level troubleshooter and problem solver proficient in detecting complex issues to resolve/avert deadlocks/bottlenecks and support product development efforts.
- IMS DB/DC Administration
- Peer /Mentoring
- Productivity Enhancement
- Internal Cost Reduction
- System Installations/Upgrades
- Subsystem Performance Tuning
- Service Level Maintenance
- Online Production Support
- Tier 2 System Support
- Complex Diagnostics
- Application Debugging
- Account Support
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Technical Services Specialist
- Worked wif IMS DBA to transition medium-size manufacturing customer from existing database utility software to Library Integrity Utilities; project resulted in internal savings of $200k annually.
- Saved $160k annually by catalyzing redevelopment of new version of Library Integrity Utilities following replacement of BMC Database Integrity Plus; analyzed user testing results and FITS document and recommended document rewrite to provide product developers wif a clear understanding of necessary enhancements to achieve report data results.
- Teamed wif DBA group in 2006 on multi-month project replacing BMC SIU wif Confidential product index builder for client account, saving $192k on product licensing fees.
- Removed File/Aid for IMS and Xpediter products for account (medium-size insurance company).
- Assisted developers in eliminating IMS as the source of response time and bottleneck issues related to data-mining web interface connected to CICS, IMS, and DB2; performed detailed analysis via IMS Performance Analyzer and met wif developers and DBAs to interpret data, resulting in team troubleshooting outside of IMS and ultimately tracing issue to web interface (Policy Search).
- Participated in 2006 transition of account to a BPO/IT company; attended multiple external meetings on IMS documentation and rewrote module DFSCCMD0 to include the new ACS IDS.
- Assisted transition of commercial account to team member experienced in only AT&T accounts; planned documentation transfer and mentored team member on handling commercial accounts.
- Currently working wif development team on new IMS control region wif enhanced functionality for internal customer organization requiring a new system for user testing.
MVS Mainframe: Mainframe PLI, COBOL, Cobol/PLI/IMS Engineering Application, Confidential IMS and DB2 System Applications, Library Integrity Utilities, BMC Database Integrity Plus, File/Aid for IMS, Xpediter Products, Microsoft Excel, Word, Lotus Notes
Vendor Products: JCL, RACF, IMS, DB2, SMP, IMS DB Utilities, JES2, OS/390, HSM, SMS, VSAM, VTA
MMainview: IMF for IMS /
BMC: DB Utilities, Ultraopt, Qmanager, Delta Virtual Terminal
Omegamon: Omegamon for MVS and DB2 /
Oracle: Oracle Gateway for DB2
Platinum(DB2): RCQuery, RCUpdate, PRF