- me has 20 years of professional hands - on experience working with billing and clients’ assets with teh Information Technology (IT) department and database systems as System Integrator and Data Analyst, Actuarial Data Analyst, Telecom Data Analyst, IT Software Tester, and Lead Billing Manager.
- In these positions, me collected data, processed orders, inventory management, invoices upload, downloaded data, imported data, reconciled data, audit billing invoices and disputes, tested procedures and processes for invoicing and billing system upgrades, and gather information for contract transitions.
- Analyzed vendors services, assets/inventory data and invoices. Collaborated with system developers, business partners, project managers, end-users, and management and change management team. Extracted data from multiple data systems using Oracle and Microsoft Access SQL to pull data for testing, cleaning, mapping, modelling, data governance, and developed reports for cost management, inventory, project status, intra-agency billing, ad hoc.
- Analyze data for wireline services: data voice, voice over internet protocol (VOIP), cloud, co-located hosting, cable and wiring, access arrangement (AA), managed network services (MNS), service-related equipment (SRE), telecommunications service priority (TSP), service enable device (SED, service-related labor, NS/EP and general. This includes circuit types: DS1, DS3, OC3, dark fiber, SONET, Ethernet, T1, T3, MPLS, data transmission service (DTS), private line, gigabit Ethernet service (GES) and others.
- Performed data analytics support for teh client, responsible for data mining, cleaning, data governance, data mapping, data validation, data requirements, data modeling, transform and loading of data for all teh bureaus within teh Confidential (DOS). Provide input to recurring reports, ad hoc data gathering and reporting upon request, collaborated with various database team, business partners and stakeholders to collect and consolidate large quantities of data, identify patterns and summarized and communicated findings through use of various tools, identify gaps in data reporting and provided recommendations for more efficient reporting. Collaborated with business partners to define and implement data reporting and metrics, created new methods for capturing and reporting on data, ensuring accuracy, consistency, completeness and compliance of data, identify trends, research causes and prepare data-driven recommendations for remediation of issues, develop data reporting policies and establish parameters to ensure quality and accuracy of data, and participated in making sound recommendations for improvements to ensure long term success of data collection and reporting.
- Process monthly billing charge-back invoices based on item codes, obligation codes, FAR organization codes, special projects codes, appropriation fiscal strips, non-recurring (NRC) charge codes, monthly recurring (MRC) charge codes, special projects codes for time and material (T&M) and firm fixed price (FFP). Review and analyze unbilled amounts, work with bureaus and vendors to resolve billing disputes. Prepared detail documentation for customer to use for reviewing their monthly statements and reports. Update item codes for monthly recurring (MRC) and non-recurring charges (NRC) for DOS assets.
- Worked with GSA data systems integration team validating and cleaning DOS inventory for GSA’s new EIS Transition validating services, addresses and service types, inventory install and inventory that should be disconnected, inventory components associated with main circuits and monthly and non-monthly billing charges, comparing CLINS. Reconcile Confidential (DOS) telecom Inventory between General Services Administration (GSA) all agency inventory (AAI) data and DOS Netplus Inventory. Worked extensively with GSA CLIN codes and GSA all agency inventory (AAI) data to map DOS data from GSA Networx to GSA Enterprise Infrastructure Structure (EIS). Reconciled GSA Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) Task Order Unique CLINs (TUCs) and Individual Case Basis (ICB) CLINs with DOS inventory. Trained and familiar with GSA’s Conexus application - teh new application to manage clients’ inventory in teh EIS system. Worked with legacy Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) and Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) carrier services.
- Provide technical leadership support for financial operations including budget codes, item codes, cost codes, obligation codes, working capital fund (WCF) and DOS fiscal trips and adhering to teh Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) classifications and teh Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR).
- Process data tools: data dictionary, ERD diagram, Remedy, chart of accounts, Toad for Oracle SQL, Microsoft Access SQL, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Pivot table, Microsoft SQL Analyzer, Microsoft Office Suite
- Public Trust Clearance
- Supported teh Billing Manager by reconciling and analyzing VA's telecom data inventory invoices, reporting invoice discrepancies including prices, features, charges, access types, charge codes, service groups (circuit switched service, dedicated transmission service, value added service, and internet protocol service), telecommunication service priority codes.
- Analyzed dedicated and switched voice data, switched data service (SDS) and frame relay service (FRS), asynchronous transfer mode (ATM), internet protocol internetworking service (IIPS/IPS) inventory data; circuit switched services (CSS) data - switched voice service (SVS), calling card, dedicated voice circuit, and switched toll free.
- Reviewed client invoices to ensure all billing requirements are satisfied, researching any inquiries, resolving any billing issues.
- Created Data Dictionary - for guidelines for extracting and downloading telecom data from telecommunication vendors.
- User acceptance tested (UAT) for VA’s inventory transitioned from FTS2001 to AT&T Networx.
- Designed MS Access databases using stored advanced SQL statements to import and export data, analyze data and to created analysis reports that were uploaded to share point and other shared network areas.
- Created technical and end-user manual for client guidelines for transitioning from FTS2001 to AT&T Networx.
- Public Trust Clearance
Data Analyst - Confidential
- Provided guidance and technical assistance to TPD auditors, actuaries, pension analysts, actuarial contractors, field benefit administrators and other BAPD staff on teh efficient transformation of acquired data into useful information and integrating data with BAPD and corporate systems.
- Provided technical advice on data acquisition, data loading and reconciliation; report development; business process improvements and office automation, initial review, evaluation and determination of teh usability of teh data contained in teh automated systems of plan service providers.
- Participated in identification, recommendation, and implementation of solutions to data problems.
- Security Clearance: Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Provided data analysis support for health management services, including disease management, clinical decision support and personal health records for healthcare products - informed care management, case management, medical alert - care consideration and maternity check.
- Researched subscriber insurance benefits coverage. Worked with sensitive data and adhered to HIPPA rules.
- Received EDI data files daily and uploaded into client's Microsoft .Net data system daily.
- Analyzed Confidential data: activities, events, assessments, outcomes, diagnosis and procedures, networks, DX/PX, diagnosis related group (DRG), international classification of diseases (ICD)-9, HCPCS, and current procedural technology (CPT) codes, guidelines, clinical reviews, physical reviews, provider/facility networks, medical notes, subscribers’ data.
- Reviewed data load error logs, identified rejections, researched and resolved data issues.
- Performed data analysis, data cleansing and reported written data discrepancies.
System Integrator and Data Analyst
- Gathered software requirements by collaboration with users, management, application developers and network managers.
- Designed and created test cases, tracked defects and bugs, created project test plans, manage version controls, presented test reviews and status in bi-weekly team meetings, setup testing for GUI (web) and non-GUI environments, user interface test (UAT), performed (integration, parallel, production support testing, regression, compatibility, functionally, batch process testing, benchmark and performance testing).
- Meet with key members of teh technical staff including Operations and Management to aid in problem analysis.
- Anticipated issues proactively and escalated teh problem to management and developers.
- Participated in weekly meetings and facilitated meetings with clients to discuss ongoing problems and goals.
- Designs, develops, and implements test and evaluation strategies, plans and methods to assure reliability of systems in conjunction with system specifications and defined enterprise capabilities, and integrates system and enterprise elements together so they work as a whole.
- Release management - Informed help desk manager of any application changes before deployment of new release.
- Updated processes and configurations documents.
- Lead project for testing of new features for cycle and month-end billings through implementation.
- Participates in reviews of systems and elements under development to ensure traceability of requirements compliance through verification and validation.
- Compiled data and defined changes required in testing configurations, testing procedures, testing processes, or new testing requirements.
- Produced reports on each test activity and tracked test metrics.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Performs analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive system evaluation reports and risk assessments.
- Designed and developed databases using ODBC connections, Btrieve/Pervasive SQL and MS Access. Created technical and user documentations and created data mapping for data acquisitions. Analyzed data input errors, network system errors, and application errors, and provided data recommendations to project managers to improve data quality. Re-index and rebuild large data files, run daily aging and discount reports, extract data for data warehouse and CRM system, imported data from various externals sources, uploaded data into Data Warehouse, reformatted and remapped data to company’s data layout, and uploaded data into Oracle Financial Data Warehouse. Improved data quality and security by remapping user access rights to teh database. Created monthly data feeds for credit reporting bureaus.
- Processed accounts receivable aging reports, accounts receivable invoice reports, accounts general ledger reports, accounts receivable purchase order reports, daily cash receipts reports, processed banks lockbox files, generated inventory reports, discounts reports, tiff and other billing procedures for cycle and month-end billings and reconciled cycle 1, 2, 3 and month-end invoices. Analyzed, prepared and reviewed cycle and month-end invoices (commercial, private sectors, government and individual). Processed teh cycle and month-end billing procedures including locking cycle records, verifying AR charges, pre-commit verification, pre-commit backup and creating print sets to uploaded to print vendors.
- Analyzed and developed specifications for enhancements and extensions to electronic data interchange application interfaces and maps. Provided technical support, tested, implemented and maintained EDI ANSI X.12 workbench scripts for 810 invoices data transmissions and transactions. Uploaded electronic 810 invoices to teh customers via teh Web/Internet and FTP process and received 997s for completion of teh electronic invoices upload process.
- Monitored and maintained teh Wireless communication LAN/WAN network - troubleshooting hardware (cables, routers, network switches, hub, network adaptors), software, and transmission problems, provided direct telephone support to customers experiencing printing and login problems, resolved abends and problems with batch production processes. Troubleshoot and escalated network and server environment problems to vendors or third level technical support staff. Developed and maintained current internal element management databases, network device configurations, circuit information and operations network diagrams for LAN/WAN network infrastructure including teh development of database requirements, establishment of data file backups, and performing data restores.