- certified professional with 9+ years of experience in Analysis, development and support of Network Management Systems. Core experience is in design, development and integration of Fault Management System using Netcool Omnibus, Impact and ITNM. Possess strong domain knowledge in the functional areas of NMS (Fault Management & Performance Management), SQM and Intelligent Networks.
- HP - UX
- Sun Solaris
- Unix Scripting
- Oracle 8i
- Confidential Suite of products
- Omnibus 7.2
- Impact 4.0
- Webtop 2.0
- ITNM 3.6
- Metrica/NPR (Network Performance Monitor)
Senior Engineer/Lead Analyst
- Design and development of Network Management Systems and MoM implementation for Service Management.
- Interfacing with user community to gather requirements, prepare Business requirements documents, review with development team and delivering solution to users.
- Facilitate end-to-end testing of solutions being delivered to customers and formulating the UAT for NMS solutions
- Team member in the implementation of Metrica/NPR for Performance Management solution for Bharti Airtel GSM network.
- Team member, single point of contact for projects delivered at Qwest communications, USA.
- Developer at NSN for Netcool integration.
- Team lead on BSM PoC Telco project for Confidential and also responsible for solution delivery.
- Mentor for new team members on the Network Management domain and Netcool suite of products based on the experience obtained on projects.
- Analysing the integration scenarios for Network monitoring, Service validation automation, automated ticketing and Change request automation for Service Providers.
- Gather requirements from Tier2 for analysing the scope of automations. Assess interfacing system requirements and provide full or semi-automation as needed to support the end to end business from Service perspective.
- Co-ordinate solution delivery and follow-up on support issues with users.
- Analysing the integration scenarios using Netcool suite for non-SNMP NSN customers.
- Work with Confidential to identify the probe binary, setup and installation and integration with Netcool Object Server.
- Co-ordinate solution delivery and follow-up on support issues with Confidential .
- Customising rules for Syslog and Nervecenter probes
- Customisation and verification of Nerve Center polls to ensure proper functioning after upgrade.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating software installations for platform upgrades for tiered Object Server implementation (2-tier, 3-tier).
- Writing Impact alarm enrichment policies against the Visionael Inventory database (Oracle).
- Writing Omnibus automations (alarms escalation triggers, stored procedures, priority scheme).
- Korn shell programming for system initialization scripts.
- TopoViz Customizations
- Perl programming for audits between Precision Discovery and Visionael Inventory.
- Design of the platform fail over and recovery scenarios, Omnibus, Precision, Impact, Clarify/Remedy gateways.
- Configuration and definition of multithreaded trapd probe (MTTrapd).
- Design and development of Precision ICMP, and SNMP monitoring stitchers.
- Tier two on-call support
- Attending client workshops across several circles of BSNL and preparation of SRS.
- Capturing the data model to track inventory for BSNL requirements and mapping it to Clarity data model.
- Re-validating the data model with client experts with respect to provisioning needs.
- Arriving at a hypothetical business problem for a Telco service provider and defining the service model and dashboards
- Co-ordinating the delivery of the solution and follow-up on support issues with Confidential .
- Developed simulators using java to test the BSM solution
- Alarm injection simulator
- Database engine to populate object server data with additional information to enable advance correlation
Consultant & developer
- Preparation of RFP in-line with TTSL requirements and floating it to prospective vendors.
- Evaluation of the responses submitted by the vendors against the requirements and recommending a best-of-breed solution
- Making solution propositions based on the COTS products to prospective clients.
- Developing assets as part of competency building on the domain and the NMS products.
- Training junior resources on the domain and NMS products
- Understanding the different interfaces for collection of performance metrics and their aggregation methods.
- Writing scripts to extract performance data from different sources like flat files, binary files and databases and transferring the information to Metrica database (using ETL process)
- Worked on daily, weekly, monthly averages for KPIs and KQIs defined by the service provider to help their network planning.
- Customisation of the standards scripts and development of new scripts for graphs, reports and summary as per the requirements.
- Developing TQL scripts for database creation and modification.