- 35+ years IT experience, 20 in Supervision and Project Management
- 15 years in Document Publishing Automation, both Mainframe and Server
- 3 years Formal Teaching experience, many years tutoring and mentoring experience
- Municipal Government Department of Human Resource Systems
- Insurance Systems - Personal Lines - Homeowners, Dwelling & Fire, Auto, Life
Composition: EMC xPression (xAdmin/xDashboard/xDesign/xResponse/xRevise/xPresso), DLS, Compuset, Documerge, IStream/Calligo, StreamWeaver
Archival: G360, Documentum, Captiva, ImageRight, Documanage, eCopy
Desktop: MS Office - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, VB/VBA, VISIO
Mainframe: MVS, Z/OS, JCL, CICS, TSO/ISPF, ROSCOE, CMS/VM, RJE, VSAMCOBOL, SQL, EasyTrieve, EasyTrieve PlusIBM Utilities, FileAid, PanValet, Endevor, Xpediter, Intertest
Scheduling: Autosys, Stonebranch, CA-7, CA-11, ZEKE and ZEBB
Databases: DB2, ORACLE, MS SQL, ACCESS, FOCUS, SQL, PL/SQL, SQLloader
Mid Range: Linux, JBOSS, Java, Eclipse, RTC, XML, XSLT, HTML5, CSS, Java Script, JSP
Testing: HP ALM (Quality Center/QTP) and IBM RTC
- Lead team of xPression and Java developers in the creation of three suites of applications for the generation, archival and retrieval of documents for the Child Support Enforcement, Children’s Electronic Social Services Information Exchange and CARES (Programs ranging from Cash Assistance and Food Stamps to Temporary Disability)
- Responsibilities ranged from oversight of development activities to participation in Business Requirements gathering and documentation
- Provided instruction and mentoring in all facets of development
- Hands-on participation in development of Java, VBA and xPression modules as necessary
- Responsible for ongoing Production Support of delivered systems
- Conducted training seminars for Administrators and end users
- Lead xPression developer on Policy Administration System upgrade, converting documents from DLS to xPression to support Policy issuance and related correspondence.
- Implemented new concepts for Document Architecture, Design Standards and Testing Methods. Focusing on utilization of reusable content modules to expedite development and reduce maintenance workloads.
- Documented and conducted training on Standards and Best Practices for document design.
- Developed a company Style Guide to insure uniformity of presentation.
- Defined schema for the interfaces between both legacy and developing application to the document assembly platform. Interfaced with Legacy Programmers, DBA, Data Stage and Message Broker developers to insure that data needs could and would be met.
- Interfaced with Print Room and xAdmin personnel to accomplish Tray Pulls for colored and perforated stock.
- Wrote VBA Macros to extend existing Mail Merge functionality to feed directly into document archive.
- Reverse engineered existing MS Word Templates and VBA Macros, documenting content and business logic for implementation in xPression.
- Developed Design Document format to satisfy the needs of Business Area review, Document Developers and User Acceptance Testing
- Designed and developed a Consolidated Renewal Document; eliminating the need to deliver separate documents to owners of multiple policies. Improved quality of communication, increasing customer satisfaction and reducing costs.
- Interfaced with Java Developers to develop interface to document composition facility using Web Services and xPression API.
- Implemented 192 documents to support the upgrade of the Claims processing using real-time assembly, allowing end user content modification.
- Supervised team of 8 Programmers, providing document publishing solutions for 6 P&C insurance companies.
- Implemented Document Science xPression (V. 1.2) publishing software.
- Utilized Solimar print spooler to accomplish image archival of all legacy print streams.
- Deployed archived images to Agent Web application eliminating print and distribution of Agents copies, improving Agent satisfaction and reducing mailing costs.
- Configured Solimar print queuing to facilitate batch printing of Claims correspondence generated in real time, reducing workload of Claims Administrators.
- Maintain support and maintenance of existing publishing applications.
Consultants Personal Lines Team Supervisor
- General Accident Insurance Outsourcing project.
- Managed team of 6 Programmer/Analysts and 1 Business Analyst.
- Consulted with users to identify requirements and clarify programming objectives.
- Developed and maintained project task plans.
- Completely eliminated the previously existing backlog of project work.
- Automated the mailing of policy declarations to policyholders using Documerge and Streamweaver.