- Dedicated, organized, experienced professional with 20+ years of experience offering efficient, swift design, installation, and troubleshooting of Windows networks, e - mail systems, and backup strategies.
- Interested in finding a creative innovative business environment where my expertise and skill set can be utilized.
Operating Systems: DOS/Windows 3.x, Windows 95/98/7/8/10, Windows NT Server and Workstation 3.51 and 4.0, Windows 2000, 2008, 2012, Novell NetWare 3.1x . HP Unix 10 fundamentals.
Server Applications: Microsoft Internet Information Server, Citrix WinFrame, MetaFrame.
Messaging Platforms: Blackberry Enterprise server 3.6, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0. Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, 2003.
Client Applications: Microsoft Office 4.3, 97aplications 4 years support, Exchange Clients 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, 2010
Hardware: Confidential and Confidential servers, laptops and workstations, Hewlett Packard laser printers
Misc. Network: LANs, MANs, WANs, RAS, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, Routing, Segmenting, Troubleshooting, Inter-tel phone system.
Datacenter Engineer III
- Add and remove tapes from Library
- Work with backup administrator for maintenance and operation of tape library
- Send and receive backup tapes from Iron Mountain as scheduled with backup administrator
- Hardware and setup of any equipment needed for the Datacenter for remote server administrators
- Work with server admins to repair broken server hardware or availability to escort technician into datacenter to perform repairs on hardware if under contract.
- Receive or send equipment needed in or out of Atlanta data center.
- Monitor HVAC system for temperature and leaks in datacenter.
- Monitor network work equipment for first line troubleshooting steps
- Setup remote access to servers or network equipment as needed by offsite administrators.
- Escort telecommunication companies to circuits throughout the Building coming into the 8th floor network room.
- Cable runs and replacements for new and troubleshooting equipment.
- Smart hands for anything needed in Datacenter by remote administrators.
- System Center 2008 desktop imaging software administration and configuration
- Upgraded System Center 2008 configuration manger to System center 2012 Configuration manager.
- Worked with desktop team USB key deployment imaging for Confidential, Confidential, Confidential Laptop and desktop OS imaging windows 7.
- Troubleshoot configure desktop and laptops for end users local and remote.
- Administer Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 servers remotely; centralized Data center located Dallas Texas.
- Responsible for all Administrative mail servers in Corporate location Atlanta and High Level administration for sites migrated from CC: Mail.
- Blackberry Enterprise server Administrator all aspects of Enterprise server setup to handheld administration for all wireless carriers.
- BES server setup and deployment around US.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for Migrating 17 servers in 7 states from Lotus CC: Mail to Exchange 5.5.
- Built and deployed exchange servers to 7 states with centralized setup.
- 3rd level support for client up grades to Outlook 2000.
- Archived old CC mail and imported mailboxes for 5000 + users 5.5.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Network System Analyst
- MS Exchange 5.5 e-mail for Firm with 1000+ users in WAN.
- Responsible for all network equipment (Cisco routers, Raptor Firewall, Organization e-mail Exchange 5.5) and network connections (dedicated T1 lines) between offices.
- Responsible for Network servers ( Confidential Proliant 3000 rack mount) 10, and older Proliant servers 4500, 1600, 6 servers.
- Responsible for Daily Checks on backups in Miami, Augusta, and Atlanta two offices, using Seagate Backup Exec.
- Head Lead for several projects for secure e-mail between Confidential LLP and Microsoft using third party dialup (Infosystems) for Secure E-mail.
- Responsible for the transition of one office from Apple Macintosh Computers to PC’s running Windows NT Workstation 4. Lead work on Verisign Digital ID’s to pass encrypted e-mail between Confidential LLP and Kimberly Clark corporate inventors.
- Rebuilt 4 old dead servers interchanging hardware to make usable test servers for IT implementation group ( Confidential Proliant 1500’s).
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Internal Systems Administrator
- Incorporated low cost remote e-mail access for sales staff with Exchange 5.5 and Outlook web access, using PSI for local dial ups.
- Independently assumed the responsibility for implementing and developing an employee purchasing plan for company and employees.
- Directed the budgeting for an expansion plan enabling the corporate network to move from VPN solution to private Intranet.
- Provided a leadership role in the completion of a low cost air conditioning plan for the server room for 24hr., 7days a week operating environment
- Initiated the administration and planning for the corporate intranet between the U.K. and three U.S. offices; Atlanta, San Diego and Dayton.
- Responsible for all Setup Administration and Backup NT servers with Vertas backup software, Backup Exec.
- Disaster recovery implementation with HP Intelligent Disaster Recovery software.
- Responsible for Windows 2000 planning for corporate network.
- Light UNIX administration and backup.
- Setup and network IMAC.
- All Thin client operating systems current in market.
- Inter-tel voice mail, phone pbx.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Migrated e-mail from MS mail to Exchange version 4.
- Responsible for administration of an electronic messaging environment consisting of one MS Exchange Server three versions 4, 5, and 5.5.
- Assisted in writing the technical language required for ISO 2001 documentation for operation of network procedures used in writing software applications.
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of the MS Windows NT 3.51 and 4.0 server infrastructures.
- Network includes 1 Novell Netware server and 34 Windows NT servers, 4 AIX servers, Sequent server, Sun Solars, 4 HP UNIX servers.
- Lead support efforts for VPN network world wide Sales access. Citrix MetaFrame, Windows Server 4.0 Terminal Server Edition, Winframe.
- Responsible for the messaging environment including group scheduling capabilities as well as Internet email compatibility. The remote messaging access was facilitated through dial-ups and TCP/IP connectivity.
- Installed and configured three Microsoft Internet Information Servers, 2.2, 3.0, 4.0. One was configured for Magic Helpdesk Web solutions the other Confidential Voyager software for supply Chain computing across Internet.
- Responsible for all Setup of Maintain Citrix WinFrame, Windows NT 4.0 Terminal server, Citrix MetaFrame server providing remote access to the corporate network systems.
- Responsible for performing hardware maintenance as necessary on servers.
- Provided third level support for desktop issues.
- Responsible for all server hardware consists of Confidential Proliant 7000, 1600 servers as well as Confidential netfinity 7000 and 1750 servers.
- Answered help desk support calls for all R&D programmers, computing issues.
- Wrote detailed documentation for the setup and use of VPN network connection, and MS Windows Terminal Server Citrix MetaFrame across Internet.
Confidential, Norcross, GA
- Responsible for Plug and Play network of Confidential Eduquest line workstations and Servers.
- Responsible for Workstations configured with PCDOS and Windows for workgroups 3.11and Confidential Eduquest Software, Servers with Novell Netware 3.12 and Euquest Software. Some Field service setup of Plug and Play networks.
- Project leader in Confidential Small Business Solutions development and support.
- Operation of CNC benders and hand form machines.