- 20+ years of success leading deployment and support of robust, scalable, high - availability mainframe systems.
- Technical expertise: architect, develop, analyze, enhance, maintain, troubleshoot, install, test, document, and support system software products and operating system hardware from multiple mainframe vendors.
- Broad knowledge of application programming languages and PC applications. Solid understanding of overall system software architecture, integration framework, telecommunications concepts, JCL, JES2, system software utilities, and disaster recovery protocols. Strong technical aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
- Strengths in software product implementation, working with third-party vendors and diverse technical resources to ensure timely implementation of effective mainframe system software and equipment solutions.
- Versed in enterprise project management, establishing business plans, standards, processes, cost case development, metrics and reports leveraging Six Sigma training and analytical skills.
- Straightforward, authentic communication style. Effective in building lasting relationships with diverse stakeholders. Strong presentation, training, and negotiation skills; tailoring messages to specific audiences.
- Hands-on leader by example with ability to train and motivate programmers and computer operators, fostering team collaboration and commitment to technical and customer excellence, supporting business-critical applications used by global customers and partners in a virtual infrastructure.
- VBA and Perl and XML
Systems Engineer II
- Key contributor in a very large-scale environment with 7 globally distributed mainframe CECs and over 100 zOS LPARs, 6 zVM lpars and a handful of zLinux systems.
- Provide knowledge-sharing and cross-functional collaboration with End-User Applications Developers, Mainframe, Networking Engineers, Security Administrators, and Storage Engineers.
- Assure timely execution of deployments for achievement of all SLAs.
- Owner of clone code and deployment processes
- Tool development - clone code, complex on call rotation code, catalog search tools etc..
Project Lead | Principal Developer
- Led development of a cloud-initiated automated server deployment system using Rexx and Pipeline. Reported to Technical Support Manager z/VM and zLinux.
- Managed system development and system administration within a large-scale computing environment with 4 data centers; 38 LPARs; 1500 Linux servers; 121 IFLs. Perform physical and virtual network configuration and setup.
- Acted as System Administrator for z/VM and zLinux, working closely with IBM.
- Directed BCBSSC processes for 100% of U.S.-based Tricare claim volume and 80% of all Medicare claims nationwide.
- Led a highly successful disaster recovery exercise, critical aspect of retaining federal business, successfully restoring >120T of enterprise disk storage.
- Delivered z/DM hypervisor training for IT team and functional business unit managers.
Confidential, Broomfield, CO
Senior Principal Technical Engineer
- Led weekly technical case review all open customer cases assigned to the 12 different mainframe software products on both z/VM and z/OS platforms.
- Moderated support community for all mainframe storage products. Served as sole z/VM SME.
- Developed expertise in vendor solutions such as SyncSort, CA TLMS, VM Top Secret and RACF.
- Earned 250+ peer recognitions for collaboration and teamwork during tenure with company.
- Key contributor to leadership and best practices in a multi-million-dollar service organization with a global customer base of large financial institutions, leading scientific research institutes, medical facilities, and utility companies.
- Managed post-merger technology integration and change management for implementation of new trouble ticketing/ service request call tracking systems.
- Virtually eliminated escalated customer complaints from 30 per week to less than 1 per week through staff training and empowering team members to offer authoritative complaint resolution.
- Reduced escalations by 45% through ongoing development of an authoritative customer knowledge base and community centric-support models. Maintained 97%+ customer satisfaction during 30-month period.
Senior Technical Support
- Led a Confidential project to streamline staff utilization of two concurrently operating platforms.
- Devised technical support prioritization and distribution decision-making processes, leveraging deep technical expertise in very large data storage solutions, backup, archival, business continuity, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Class creation and delivery for z/OS engineers on z/VM.
- Case and or call escalations (2nd) level at a 98% resolution rate.
- 24x7 On-call/ Standby coverage worldwide 200+ customers.