- Highly motivated and service - focused IT Specialist with solid track record of achievement managing data and communications networks in fast-paced, security-conscious environments.
- Resourceful and reliable team player adept at devising innovative solutions, meeting deadlines, and rapidly mastering new technologies and processes.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) with strong interpersonal and problem solving talents; skilled at working directly with clients and technicians to diagnose and quickly resolve challenging technical issues.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Network Development & Maintenance
- System / Account Administration
- Data & System Security Technologies
- Troubleshooting & Problem Resolution
- Technical Assistance & User Support
- Network Diagramming & Topology
Platforms: Windows Server 2016, 2012, & 2008 R2, Exchange Server 2010, VMware ESXi 5.5 & 5.1, EMC VNX
Tools: Cisco Call Manager Express, Cisco IOS, MS Office Suite (Access, ExcelOutlook, PowerPoint, Word), MS Visio, Remedy IT service management, Solarwinds, Cisco Secure Access Control Server, WhatsUpGold 2018 Plus
Hardware: Cisco Nexus 5672UP, Cisco Fabric Extenders 2248TP-E, Cisco Routers 2800 / 2900 series, Cisco Switches 2960 / 3850 series, Cisco Catalyst 4500 / 6509 switches, Fortigate 600D, Fortigate 60E, Juniper SSG 520M, Juniper SSG 140, Checkpoint Firewalls 1100/2200, Dell PowerEdge R910, Dell PowerEdge R710, Dell PowerEdge 510, IBM System Storage, IBM BladeCenter E, Cisco UCS FlexPod
- Provide IT support for EFG Capital as a Network Engineer. Maintain daily functions of the network environment for EFG Capital. Responsible for the connectivity between the main office, remote sites, datacenter and DRP site. Implement, modify, and maintain network baseline configurations as well as systems. Provide documentation on network and systems services in order to provide business continuity. Configure and maintain Cisco switch configurations, Fortinet firewall configurations, and policy rules between Miami, Headquarters Offices, and remote sites in order to provide a secure network.
- Assisted in Disaster Recovery implementation during building floor flooding causing multiple systems to render useless.
- Upgraded IOS for Cisco network switches and Firmware for Juniper Firewalls utilizing the vendor’s suggested upgrade.
- Configured Nexus 5672UP and 2248TP Fabric Extenders as the core infrastructure using HSRP and OSPFv2 as well as an Active/Active VPC topology at both Datacenter sites.
- Installed and configured network infrastructure at DRP site which consisted of a DMZ External Cisco Switch, DMZ Internal Cisco Switch, Checkpoint Firewalls, Juniper SSG 520M Firewall and Nexus 5672UP.
- Configured Cisco switches with 802.1x and Mac Address Bypass in order to work with NAC Implementation, which boosted security controls within our network environment.
- Migrated network/systems equipment from old datacenter to new datacenter and Established network connectivity between main sites with new MetroE 1Gbps connection.
- Configured, installed, and upgraded DMZ with new stacked 3850 and 2960X Cisco switches at all three sites in order to provide faster throughput, port density, and high availability for DMZ services.
- Planned, configured, and installed numerous Fortigate 600D/60E firewalls in a clustered active/passive topology with Site-to-Site IPsec VPN and OSPF routing between datacenters and remote sites. Carefully implemented firewall policies to allow traffic to flow smoothly between office building and our HQ office.
- Configured and installed network Wi-Fi equipment consisting of Cisco 2960 PoE switches, 3504 WLCs, 3802i Aps and Checkpoint Firewalls for Main office.
- Provide support for the Joint Special Operations Command Unit as a Network Engineer. Perform daily administrative operation and maintenance of server hardware and software. Maintain systems and network equipment in compliance with security policies. Implement, modify, and maintain network and system baseline configurations. Provide guidance and assistance to peers on system and network related issues. Provide documentation on systems and network related services and equipment. Research, evaluate and recommend new systems and network technologies.
- Implement GRE Tunnels along with KG 175D/ KG250X encryption devices to provide communications back to a central site.
- Administer TACACS+ with Cisco ACS Server to secure network devices and allow users to log into Cisco devices.
- Upgrade Cisco routers and switches with the latest IOS software and update servers with the latest patches.
- Audit communication packages consisting of Cisco routers and switch devices in each package.
- Utilize Solarwinds to monitor and maintain network devices across three different networks.
- Utilize NetMRI to maintain router and switch configuration as well as network policies and health.
- Enhanced one of our system packages for virtualization and a better storage solution by implementing Skyeras and Dell OEM 1130 (Dart Frog).
- Upgraded Steelhead Riverbeds with the latest IOS release. Configured the In Path, LAN, and WAN interfaces with proper IP address space. Installed Riverbeds with mobile packages in order to use for WAN optimization.
- Added and configured Cisco VoIP phones to Cisco Unified Call Manager.
- Troubleshoot EIGRP, HSRP, multicast, and QoS issues on the network for three different Networks.
- Troubleshoot Cisco FlexPod Datacenter, which consists of a Nexus 5k, Netapp for storage, and Cisco UCS Chassis for the VMware ESXi Hosts.
- Provide support for the FORSCOM G6 network as a Systems Administrator. Manage over 146 virtual servers on VMware vSphere on the unclassified network. Administer Windows Server 2008, Windows Server Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007, File Servers, Print Servers, and DHCP Servers.
- Installed and configured two System Center Configuration Manager Servers on separate networks, classified and unclassified, in support of the FORSCOM migration to Fort Bragg, NC. Migrated all computer and servers to the new Primary Site server while maintaining computers and server up to date with the latest security patches.
- Update servers and clients on classified and unclassified networks with approved IAVA patches.
- Update servers and clients with Microsoft security patches using Software Update point in SCCM 2007.
- Utilize VMware vSphere client to create, manage, and maintain Virtual Servers on both unclassified and classified networks.
- Installed Fedora14 on 8 Dell PowerEdge R710 servers and 8 Dell PowerEdge R910 Servers.
- Configured ports on Brocade Netlron MLX - 16 for VLAN access and switch trunking.
- Administered IBM System Storage DS Storage Manager for IBM System Storage and created virtual hard disk space in order to provide storage for Virtual Machines.
- Maintained Datacenter replication between two sites for Disaster Recovery Plan. This consisted of making sure the SAN were synchronized between sites and everything was being replicated smoothly.
- Provides support for the USACAPOC (a) G6 network as a systems administrator. Manages over 100 virtual servers on the unclassified network. Administered exchange 2003, windows server 2003, systems management server 2003, Symantec antivirus server, blackberry server, windows server update services (WSUS), and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007. Manages 10 physical classified servers for the USACAPOC (a) G6 network.
- Provided assistance for remote users and local users located throughout the United States.
- Updated local servers, remote servers, clients, and remote clients with approved IAVA patches using SCCM 2007. updated servers and clients with security patches from Microsoft with WSUS.
- Administered windows server 2008 R2 Datacenter with Hyper V and created virtual client computers in a production environment.
- Performed a side-by-side upgrade of SCCM 2007 Central Site Server on a new domain with Software Update Point in order to update local servers and remote clients with security patches and Microsoft Updates.
- Updated the IOS on Cisco switches using Solarwinds TFTP software and configured port-security using Sticky Mac-Address.
- Troubleshot 802.1x security issues and configured ports for 802.1x support on Cisco network switches.
- Maintained and Troubleshot Hyper-V virtual Datacenter environment in which all virtual servers resided on.