- As a DevOps Engineer, I intend to narrow my interest and deepen my knowledge in Enterprise Operations. I seek to learn and gain a global exposure, knowledge of research methodologies, and the latest developments in the software field.
- 6 years of IT experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Planning, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing and Maintenance of Web Based, Client - Server in all domains.
- Excellent experience in IT industry comprising of designing Build process, Linux Administration, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management.
- Experience in Atlassian, ticketing and tracking tools like JIRA, Confluence, ServiceNow and HPSM for Production hotfixes and bugfixes using change orders and incidents.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end-to-end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open-source environment using tools like Jenkins.
- Experience on technologies and platforms including Jenkins, Git, Unix/Linux, windows server, VMWare, Docker, AWS, across Financial sectors.
- Improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the continuous integration environment, automating wherever possible using Python and Shell Scripts.
- Good knowledge and hands-on Experience in monitoring tools like Splunk, ELK, AWS Cloud Watch and DataDog.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has g ood customer support experience.
Build Tools: Maven
Scripting Languages: Shell, Bash, Python
Configuration Management: Git, GitHub
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Ansible
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Databases: MySQL, MS Access
Change Management: HPSM, Service Now
Web/Application Servers: Nginx, HTTP Server, WebLogic
Bug Reporting/Ticketing tools: JIRA, Confluence
DevOps/Cloud: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring tools: Splunk, ELK, Cloud Watch, DataDog
- Responsible to configure and support AWS Lambda APIs, Internal APIs, External APIs and Partner APIs in Exchange Gateway.
- Evaluate and support enterprise level infrastructure changes for various applications within the organization and assist multiple teams to achieve the next level of maturity.
- Provide solution support across customer production sites to meet 100% Service Level A greem ents (SLA ) including applications , software and firmware.
- Closely work with the multiple internal/external teams to ensure seamless deployments and configurations to production. Reduced deployment time for critical agile project infrastructure from ~1 month to 2 days by various automations.
- Create production CICD pipeline to automate the manual steps to build inactive stacks in production and integrate AWS system user into the CICD pipeline.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for end- end automations for all build and deployments.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using CFTs and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Working on AWS Cloud Watch metrics to monitor the logs.
- Responsible for managing various environments, perform application changes in non-production and production environments. Also, perform activities related to product release, deployments and rollbacks.
- Responsible to follow ITIL process for implementing changes and resolving the incidents.
- Experience in troubleshooting various production issues and closing multiple change orders (CO) and incidents (IR) in ServiceNow as part of day to day activities.
- Assigning tasks in Atlassian Jira and Confluence for the user stories to work on Agile environment.
- Tracking all HPSM and Service Now changes and incidents arising from customers and resolving those tickets.
- Responsible for handling all tier 2 and 3 support calls 24/7 for the company’s cloud environment. During down time, I am the person who will assist with server build and provisioning. Responsible for Production Oncall support for all Production issues on a rotational basis.
- Analyze information provided from the stake holders and vendors to determine, recommend any changes and strategically plan implementation of new applications or modification of existing applications and deploys them to multiple testing integration environments including production.
- Suggest and implement the process of nightly builds and auto deployments for all fast paced and high traffic serving applications.
- Supporting Trex disaster recovery for multiple teams. Coordinate with different teams during Trex and XTrex activities as part of disaster recovery strategies.
- Integrated build process through Jenkins to various SCM tools like GitHub.
- Maintaining and managing AWS cloud resources. Monitor all cloud watch metrics at Infrastructure level (CPU/Memory/DB/ELB Surge Queue/Disk space etc.) and also created and monitor various critical alerts on Splunk dashboards.
- Maintaining the proper use of storage by making sure that databases and transaction logs are created correctly, monitoring space requirements, and adding new storage space when required.
- Implementing and maintaining the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch, Splunk and DataDog.
- Performing online system functions to assist with task encountered in execution of daily responsibilities such as utility function and editing of files.
- Installing Linux and HP UX OS and coordinate the process with other team members.
- Provide support and administration on Redhat and HP UX to alleviate any production issue.
- Systems monitoring and administration of Servers for day-to-day problems, patches, user administration, hardware failure, monitoring log files, backup, software up gradation, configuration changes and documentation.
- Building Servers with CSA tool and monitoring them using O peration Orchestration tool in cloud environment.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Performed Installation, configuration and administration of WebLogic application servers and Oracle System Bus (OSB).
- Provides escalated support, leads troubleshooting, problem resolution for Middleware Application systems (OSB), and document root cause report for management.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Cloud Automation support, Cloud Portal / HOS, cloud Administration and capacity Management.
- Working on the Local Load Balancers, Global Load Balancers and their configurations.
- Monitoring all the Environments, Handling the paused subscriptions, watch the Operation Orchestration Flows Trouble shoot / Fix any Paused related Subscriptions.
- Experience working on Guest Image Management Patch / Deployment Automation, OS ( Windows/Linux ), Infrastructure Management.
- Experience with L1, L2 Windows Support on a VMware Sever Able to approve provisioning through OO (operation Orchestration ).
Environment: Jenkins, GIT, Maven, Linux, Agile, HPSM, Service now, Confluence, Jira, Apache Tomcat, JSON, Shell, Bash, Python, Splunk, Kubernetes, AWS - EC2, S3, Cloud Watch, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Cloud Formation, Terraform, Lambda, CSA tool, HP OO.
- Researched, endorsed and implemented network enhancements improving system reliability and performance.
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Troubleshooting production issues and work with development teams in fixing and promoting the fixes to Production via HPSM emergency/urgent change control processes.
- Administered Jenkins, proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast-Paced Engineering Environment.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Coordinated developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Worked on Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, system Performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Performed all Linux operating system, disk management and patch management configurations, on Linux instances in AWS.
- Installing, Configured and management in Ansible Centralized Server and creating the playbooks to support various middleware application servers, and involved in configuring the Ansible tower as a configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks.
- Troubleshooting Production issues and work with development teams in fixing and promoting the fixes to Production as an emergency change.
- Worked in Git implementation containing various Remote repositories for a single application.
- Migrated the current Linux environment to AWS/RHEL Linux environment and used auto scaling feature and involved in remediation and patching of Unix/Linux Servers. Performing upgrades and backups of router configuration files. Providing L2 and L3 network support.
- Installed Oracle database with AMI image and updated the database with schemas and scripts to run Data Services.
- Handling the deployment activities efficiently using Shell Scripting and Python by keeping the environments updated with the latest code.
- Developed Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Installed and Configured the Apache Tomcat application servers for Dev and Integration Test Environments.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Created branching & tagging strategy to maintain the source code in the GIT repository and Coordinated with developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Configured and maintained stress server in different geographical location and provide setup in every release to perform stress testing.
Environment: GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Ansible, AWS, Artifactory, Python, Shell Scripting, Tomcat, WebLogic.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Build and Release Engineer
- As a member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting on unix platform.
- Worked with Subject Matter Expert to Build and Release Management methodologies, hands-on experience in creating and managing the various development and build platforms and deployment strategies.
- Builds and deploys J2EE application in Web Sphere.
- Designed and developed continuous availability testing framework to ensure that all components of SOA backplane are up and running along with working web services in HUDSON.
- Involved in Creating test scenarios and test cases based on the defined test strategy for the assigned module for SOA implementation.
- Analysed the ANT Build projects for conversion. Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Written Maven scripts, installed Jenkins , written shell script for end-end build and deployment automation.
- Build and maintained SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Assisted with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects and Responsible for designing and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used GIT as source code repositories and managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN version control tools.
- Deployed the web services code To JBOSS App server using Serena deployment utility to trigger the Maven scripts to deploy to the correct locations on the server.
- Developed shell scripts on windows systems for automation of the build and release process and also automate deployment and release distribution process with shell.
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
Environment: Java/J2EE, SOA Software, Unix, Maven, GIT, SVN, ANT, Jenkins, Remedy, Shell Scripts, Web Sphere.
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server,YUM, RPM tools.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6) operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Handling NFS, Auto Mount, DNS, LDAP related issues.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Red hat Linux.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including, managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat 3.x,4.x,5.x