- He is a proven operational leader with vision & purpose.
- An experienced technologist with almost 20 years of experience he promotes an environment of entrepreneurship, innovation and growth.
- He has driven performance, reduced complexity and driven down costs for his organization.
- His perspective allows him to view organizational processes end to end with the objective of continuously improving upon them.
- He has experience in the Public and Private sectors has given him a unique vision of how to separate core from context, lead a fast pace environment & convert chaos into opportunity.
Director of IT - Infrastructure Engineering/ISO
- Direct, coach & lead a team of eight full time employees, four systems engineers & four help desk technicians.
- Cut phone support costs by 30% saving approx.$100k annually by leading a redesign of the Phone telephony infrastructure which simplified the design, increased reliability and reduced costs.
- Cut O365 subscription costs by 40% saving approx. $12k annually
- Increased security posture by 18% by influencing organization to invest in preventative measures such as an enterprise managed AV, Email Encryption, Email Anti-spoofing, column based encryption of DB and upgrading perimeter to a NGFW standard.
- Developed IT Security Program, supporting policies and implementing technical improvements to major systems.
- Day-to-day tactical management of IT Systems: SAN storage, Phone System, VMware Hosts, Cisco Infrastructure, Windows Servers, RHLinux servers & production database. Ensure that Availability, Reliability, Cost Effectiveness, Manageability & Security goals are met.
- Led the infrastructure engineers to stabilize a critically unstable production server environment by migrating from Windows Hyper-V to VMware dramatically improving availability & reliability.
- Advise, Influence and negotiate all high level IT infrastructure changes to Senior Executives from authorization of capex budget, procurement and project implementation.
- Managing Budget & Cost center of SAAS(G-suite, O365, AdobeCloud), Seat/subscription, 3rd party vendor, Service Contracts & enterprise licenses(AD).
- Managed the overhaul and optimization of the following IT Infrastructure: SAN Storage, VoIP(SIP) Phone system, Backup(Disaster Recovery) System & Network Datacenter in 3 years.
- Inspired team to reach out to outside departments that served as the catalyst to the creation of the IT Spotlight Group.
- Chairman & Chief Editor of Company Intranet committee.
- Member of company process improvement committee.
- Reduced overall cost Infrastructure environment by simplifying existing design & implementing scalable low cost solutions.
- Improved systems visibility by building out and maintaining SolarWinds Network monitoring system. (NCM, NPM, SAM, VMAN, DPA)
- Led the Help desk team to improve process resulting in reduced service response times & improved customer.
- Build & updating of disaster recover and resiliency plans to meet compliance requirements.
- Managed numerous transitions, closures & acquisitions of businesses. Managed the auditing of each site to identify physical IT assets, software licensing & existing service agreements.
- Coaching & career mentoring of direct reports to meet professional goals.
- Lead, manage and develop diverse technical staff into a well-rounded high performing team.
- Proactively plan, anticipate and respond to an ever-evolving business landscape via IT Roadmap
- Coordination compliance of Technical Safeguards described in HIPAA Security Rule, PCI & GDPR.
- Engineering & support for Cisco Core, Datacenter, Site-to-site VPN & Remote Client VPN
MPLS GWAN Network Engineer
- Network discovery, documentation & migration to Amex GWAN
- PCI compliant design recommendations
- Architecture recommendation
- Planning, data gathering, organizing and oversight of site migrations
- Global Project Management