- To excel in a programming or supervisory position while supplying the best information systems possible to the user community.
- I have worked in the data processing field for over twenty - five years with the IBM midranges as my primary platform, starting on a System34 in college to the AS400 of today, along with the System32, 36, 38, but not exclusively.
- I have worked on a HP3000 running OCL, a MAI with UNIX, PC Networks and PCs, dating back to the 8086 and DOS 1.1.
- I have managed, designed, wrote, maintained and documented code in many different computer languages, installed and customized many systems and packages, and migrated data to and from several different platforms and/or systems.
- Lately, I have enjoyed connectivity projects which shares data between platforms and/or systems, which gives me an opportunity to keep abreast on the advancements in the data possessing arena.
- Assisted clients with design and programming of effective information systems. Converting RPG/II to both RPG/III, and/or RPG/IV (ILE), also updating code to take advantage of prototypes and embedded SQL when applicable.
- Assisted clients with installation, development, maintenance, and administer Browser (Web front ends) system(s) using CGI coding within the RPG.
- Assisted clients with standardization. Convert, maintain, update and document systems/programs to conform with standards/policies
- Heavy experience in maintenance, updating/modifying inefficient code, adding fields and logic needed to perform correctly during the millennium change.
- Custom programming and development on IBM Midranges (AS/400 and S/3X) using RPG and COBOL.
- Assisted with the Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance project.
- Integration and modification of third-party order management, Confidential, distribution, warehouse management, trucking and freight management and custom proprietary programs including MAPICS, BIPICS, HFA (Freedman), J.D. Edwards, Daly & Wolcott Application Plus, MAGICS, INFINIUM (Software 2000 * S2K), Truckload 2000, Microsoft Dynamics AX (Axapta) and Manhattan Warehouse Management.
- Experienced with multiple platform systems and client-server design models.
- Custom designed Financial Reporting System that is PC based and imports information from several platforms.
- Assisted clients with installation, development, maintenance, mapping and administer EDI systems
PROGRAMMER ANALYST/SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
- Developed, maintained, and administered S/34, S/36 and AS/400.
- Convert, maintain, update and document systems/programs to conform with standards/policies
- Custom software application interfaced with MAPICS AP, GL, and Payroll.
- Installed, developed, maintained and administered EDI systems
- Installation of J.D. Edwards software and added nine communication lines to Fabrication plants.
- Provided technical support MIS hotline to users.
- Perform upgrades and software migrations to nine remotes sites.