- Experienced professional senior network/telecom/system engineer with proven success in diverse business environments.
- I have an extensive background in infrastructure, engineering, and architecture.
- I am highly adept at creating and executing programs and initiatives which enhance operational efficiencies.
- My objective is to obtain a position in which I will apply my technical expertise and creativity to solve real - world business problems that will help management execute tactical goals and allow long-term strategic initiatives to be achieved.
- I am seeking to join a diverse global team of internetwork specialists to architect, maintain, and troubleshoot an enterprise infrastructure.
Computing: Language C, Pascal, Python, SQL; UNIX, LINUX, WINDOWS, MS-DOS, OS9 operating systems; Relational database (Oracle); XWINDOWS, HP OpenView, Sun Net, VMware
Network: OSI model, DSA, SNA, DECNET, NOVELL, ISDN, FRAME RELAY, ATM, ATM LANE, X25, ETHERNET, FDDI, DWDM, SONET, Metro Ethernet MPLS, MPLS Traffic Engineering, L2/L3 MPLS VPN,TCP/IP, IPX, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS,BGP, H.323, MGCP,L2F, L2TP, PPTP, IP Multicast Routing, ipv6, FC, FCoE, NPV, NPIV, FSPF, iSCSI.EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS,PEAP
Sr. Network & Security Engineer
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain the network infrastructure throughout the company including but not limited to, data center routing and switching, wireless, load balancers, VoIP phone systems and firewalls.
- Work directly with a variety of departments to determine needs and develop enterprise network solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation of policies and procedures, diagrams, and other technical documentation.
- Participated in Production datacenter migration from one facility to another. Redesigned network architecture during migration from legacy infrastructure to Cisco Nexus core switching, ASA, Fortinet firewalls and Software Defined Network (SDN) with Cisco ACI, inter-datacenter connectivity using SD-WAN.
- Corporate HQ migration from one location to another which supports users and 24×7 NOC and SOC.
- Performance upgrades by adopting gigabit wired network, 802.11ac Wi-Fi standards, increase internet and MPLS circuit bandwidth and Quality of Service.
- Security upgrades for the network by implementing 2-factor RSA authentication, identity-based authorization using Active Directory (AD) Groups and Identity Services Engine (Cisco ISE), URL and Malware filtering using Fortinet, Horizon view remote access with posture policies.
- Architected Cisco Wireless solution using 802.1x, Identity Services Engine (Cisco ISE) and 5520 Controllers for staff and guests.
- Implemented monitoring and network performance management system using Solarwinds.
- Deployed NAC with ISE on all access switches across the entire organization (20 remote sites).
- Tuned up/ cutover of multiple circuits.
- Troubleshoot and debug network issues, responsible for after-hours / 24 hour on-call support on a rotational basis.
Sr. Network & Security/Network Engineer
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of network communications.
- Hands-on technical leadership on all security, network, and telecom projects.
- Used knowledge of LAN/MAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks.
- Configured, maintained, and optimized Juniper, Fortinet, Checkpoint Firewalls, Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, Cisco & Juniper Routers and Switches, Cisco & Aruba APs, load-balancers (F5 LTM, GTM), proxies (Bluecoat, Netscaler), Riverbed WAN Accelerator, SIEM Splunk, Gigamon Span Switches, Fluke Network devices & other network analysis tools (Opnet).
- Troubleshot complex routing, switching, QoS, WAN/LAN, firewalls, load balancers and network security issues.
- Planned, designed, and implemented enterprise security infrastructure.
- Deployed and supported Cisco/Aruba wireless and ACS technology with Open, EAP-TLS, PEAP authentications.
- Supported Voice network (Call Manager, Unity connection, Video end points, Voice gateways (H.323, SIP, MGCP), VCS, VCSE, Proteus (CDR), Nice (Voice Recording).
Sr. Network Engineer
- Provided technical leadership and expertise in the operation of the company's communication network and other technology related initiatives.
- Managed all of the operational aspects and administration of LAN/WAN technologies including switches, routers, load balancers, DNS/DHCP, firewalls, SAN (Cisco, Confidential, Avaya, Juniper, Fortigate, F5, Netscaler, Infoblox, Aruba, Checkpoint).
- Ensured optimal operational infrastructure, met business needs and promoted enterprise-wide interoperability.
- Developed and enhanced operational processes and procedures and integrated network management tools to provide a comprehensive operational environment.
- Supported network; worked with third party providers and assisted in the day-to-day network operations for The Confidential and its Strategic Business Units (SBU).
- Assisted in the implementation and maintenance of the telecommunications equipment and software at all of the NYT facilities.
- Demonstrated leadership and expertise in the management and operation of the company enterprise network.
- Monitored and maintained the health and performance of the network infrastructure through network management framework (Solarwinds, Riverbed Cascade, NetMRI).
- Aided in the enhancement and/or development of network management processes and controls.
- Tracked all implementation documentation initiatives.
Sr. Infrastructure Consultant
- Responsible as the Sr. Network Analyst for all day-to-day architecture and operations of the Saint Vincent Hospital for 10000 employees in over 75 locations throughout the New York metropolitan area.
- Exceeded all SLA requirements and developed new technologies and methodologies, saving the organization over $1M operating expense yearly for five years with a total savings of $5M.
- Instrumental in upgrading the LAN/WAN and Telecom infrastructure.
- Designed, implemented, administrated security and support of Saint Vincent Hospital network infrastructure.
- Supported complex 24 X 7 production network: switches, routers, firewalls, VPN gateways, wireless controllers, access points and other network devices.
- Troubleshoot network problems and recommend improvements.
- Configured, maintained, and monitored network security equipment (MARS, IDS/IPS ….).
- Managed a Hybrid (TDM/IPT) Cisco IP Telephony (VoIP) solution integrated with voice third party manufacturer equipment ( Confidential, Confidential ).
- Defined and maintained standards related to the network infrastructure.
- Researched and recommended new technologies, develop procedures for integration into existing network.
- Authored and maintained operational procedures.
- Worked with third-party vendors in support of the network infrastructure.
- Provided tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects.
Sr. Unified Communications Engineer
- Managed, configured, and troubleshot Cisco routers and switches, Cisco Firewalls (PIX, ASA) and IPS.
- Installed, deployed, and supported Cisco IP Telephony solutions (Call Manager, Unity, Call Manager Express, Cisco Unity Express, IPCC, VoIP phones, Unified Messaging, Cisco CRS) and all associated voice gateways (H.323, SIP).
- Optimized network design and ensured efficient and secure operation of all network systems (understood client’s needs, identified root causes of problems, developed, and implemented creative and pragmatic solutions).
- NOC team leader, monitored and troubleshot the large-scale Confidential customer networks (law firms, banks, hedge funds) to provide 100% on-line service.
Sr. Strategic Customer Support Engineer
- Provided responsive and professional technical support of advanced Internet services for our clients’ European Strategic customers.
- Recipient of multiple “Commitment to Excellence” Awards in outstanding technical achievements and customer services by demonstrating professionalism, courtesy, dedication, and flexibility during difficult interactions with clients.
Sr. Voice Engineer
- Provided technical support for Multimedia Carrier Switch (MMCS) and Meridian 1 (option 81 / 61C and 11C) customers by identifying, tracking, resolving, supporting the installation, commissioning handoff, optimization, pre-in-service, launch and post launch efforts related to technical issues. Interfaced with MMCS/Meridian product design groups in resolving hardware and software problems reported by customers. On site software upgrades. Customers included: MCI WorldCom, BellSouth, Insatel, Telecom Argentina, Telmex, Tricom, Rey Moreno, Globaltron, Amnet, Haitel, Cable & Wireless, Telem,Diamond Link, Gateway Telecom, Stratos.
- Field Trial Lead Engineer for Voice over IP features on the MMCS/Meridian1 (voice switch), implementation and trial of voice-over IP projects for major accounts in the USA (Level 3, GTE), Sweden (Rix), Brazil (LDT) and China (CNC).
- Installed, tested, and validated SS7 access points (SSP) for several leading customers in Paris (France Telecom, KDD, Cegetel).
Software Development Engineer
- Developed numerous communication protocols for the CS routers: (SVC & PVC Frame Relay X25 gateway for TRANSPAC, Frame Relay-ISDN backuplink, RIP, SNMP agent (MIB-II & proprietary MIB), TCP/IP relay over X25, TFTP server, TCP/IP header compression (Van Jacobson RFC 1144), filtering features on Internet packages (Access Lists).
- Designed and implemented the SVC, PVC Frame Relay stack protocol on the CS switch (LAPF, X36, FRF4, service S-PVC, X76).
- Designed X25 features on the CS switch (Backup link, link group).