- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, in relating easily to people at all levels of an organization.
- Diverse background, coupled with real world success
- Excellent knowledge that is ready to be applied in crucial problem - solving environments
- Unique understanding of the world of work and what it takes to be successful in meeting organizational objectives.
- A self-motivated, results oriented leader with high expectations for both self and others.
- Hired on to work as Vendor Coordinator for Circuit Upgrade Project
- Bank Branches are located inside many of the Walmart stores and most of the military bases around the country. The bank was in the process of upgrading their internal communications when given a new deadline to finish up all the Walmart locations before the seasonal shopping began. I was tasked with taking an upgrade that was projected to require over 3 months and expedite it to completion ready in only 5 weeks. Our team was successful in getting the locations ready even before the hardware that needed to get installed was delivered to the bank for configuration .
- Part of a small team of IT professionals, responsible for customer support of High Speed, Fiber Optic data network.
- Install, test, & turn-up, Support customers throughout the Midwest (KC & MO area). Utilizing primarily Cisco ASR920s or ARS901s as CPE also used devices from MRV/Ad va, HP, Juniper on the customer side over our Cisco 9K based core that spanned from Albuquerque, Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, Omaha/Lincoln, and Des Moines that reached customers in 22 states
- Supported customers of all sizes - from national/international companies like Honeywell and Cerner here in KC metro, to large regional customers like KCP&L, Platte Valley Banks, Murphy-Hoffman Corporation, government agencies and local school districts both large and small - Shawnee Mission to Park Hill, Liberty, and Fort Riley among countless others
- Responsible for the shipping and receiving of electronics that came through the Kansas City office
- Developed the database to identify, track, and report inventory on our network. Helped with the beginning process to bring our NOC in-house as the company transitioned away from a third-party provider
- As a Field Engineer, I have gained extensive experience in troubleshooting all levels of the network stack from Layer 1-7, but it is especially important as an installer to have those skills in levels 1,2, and 3, to be able to establish good working relationships with customers at all levels from C-level executives to front-line support
- Manage and troubleshoot a network based on 4500 Series Nortel/Avaya switches
- Updated OS and configuration of Cisco 5500 Wireless Controller and install Wireless Access points
- Assist in documentation of network WAN connections and LAN hardware as the hospital goes through the purchase process
- Part of a small team of IT professionals, responsible for the networking portions of campus communications.
- Managed and expanded a switched environment, building it to a redundant pair of VSS attached Cisco 6509s at the core feeding about a dozen remote access closets over a fiber backbone.
- Planned the retirement of older Cisco 3750s and a move to next generation switches by 2017
- Planned the move to Next Generation Firewall as Cisco had announced “End of Support” for the Cisco ASA5510 firewall that was in use when I arrived. Had installed test devices from both Dell SonicWall and FireEye
- Expanded the wireless capabilities to include the latest in Wireless AC access points that could be centrally managed and utilize the 1Gb speeds of the Fiber Network.
- Provided a stable secure backbone to allow concurrent running of their Advantage Databases for Customer records, SQL connections, IP Telephony using a system from Interactive Intelligence, and multiple websites to include their broadcast network on Unity.fm
- Apply upgrades to network equipment using Nortel upgrade tools and scripts.
- Apply patches to switches and Sun devices so that Confidential is ready to expand VoIP services and enhance their 4G/LTE networks.
- Originally brought in because of prior experience with CISCO Networks and former CCNA. Utilized in the management and eventual redesign of the Baggage Reconciliation System that serviced primarily the overseas carriers from about a dozen locations across all U.S. time zones. Moved it from a Frame Relay / VPN solution to MPLS.
- Traveled on-site to assist with hardware installation and configuration for phase one of a multi-year, multi-million-dollar project at Denver International Airport. Assisted with the configuration and installation of a pair of 2950 and a stacked pair of 3750 Cisco Switches with a Cisco ASA 5500 firewall between them. Provided for redundant, secure, VPN access. Built good working relationships with both the technical team and management team.
- Was an active part of a help desk that provided 5x18 support with only 4 full-time employees
- Worked on-call and rotating shifts to make sure that customer service did not suffer because of limited man-hours available
- Instrumental in getting the support desk moved to IP Telephony solution to allow for better coverage and more flexibility to maximize available staff and allow for phone coverage, with staff able to work from home in the OFF-HOURS.
- Took a lead role in the eventual upgrading of BRS network and helped with the install and configuration of Cisco 1800 and 2800 series routers at multiple locations. Provided secure VPN access via High security OS running on Cisco 1841 and 2800 routers for remote access and monitoring.
- Assisted with the management of Windows Server platform machines for the control and monitoring of the networks, Unix machines for the management of multiple database servers and data feeds for flight information and weather as well as baggage and passenger information.
- Worked with Network monitoring tools (ARGENT and Nagios) to setup remote monitoring and alerting capabilities to notify when key components of the infrastructure were down.
- Utilized Sunrise/Sostenuto for creation and tracking of tickets through the help desk. Assisted with the set-up and planning of processes to minimize Incident Analyst input, while maximizing the amount of useful information that could be extracted from the tickets for eventual reporting to and by management and financial sectors of the business.