- I am a mechanically inclined manager and engineer with over 25 years of design and project management experience.
- I have extensive leadership experience building multiple teams, networks, services and applications. I am highly skilled at translating business plans into technical solutions then leading teams to build solutions.
- I am accustomed to communicating to both management and technical contributors to solve complex business challenges which have resulted in many first of kind product and application deployments (FOA).
Area Manager, Principal Design Engineer
- Functioned as Portfolio Manager for the Performance Engineering Department. Duties included, but not limited to Program Management, Project Management, and Business Analyst.
- Responsible for all department projects, plans, budget estimates, budget spends and licenses.
- Skilled managing Predictive (waterfall), Agile (iterative) and Hybrid projects.
- Direct and Supervise 12 to 25 senior development engineers and contractors.
- Responsible for defining product features through collaboration with executives, users, stakeholders, system architects and development team.
- Responsible for communication and reporting to executive management and user community.
- Supervise design, deployment and management of private server array network, private cloud network and leased SaaS public cloud resources.
- Governance over all software and tools used by the core network performance organization.
- Participate in demos, friendly user tests, acceptance tests and manage product through to realization or definition of done.
- Build and maintain Agile (SCRUM) roadmaps, user stories, feature lists, acceptance criteria, and Sprint schedules.
- Negotiated contracts and managed department budget.
- Supervised product development budgets, schedules, release management, licenses, feature roadmaps, product lifecycles, risks, testing, and quality.
- Automate network management systems and tools, innovate data reporting solutions, optimize and automate processes to reduce delivery cycle time, and meet corporate goals with minimum capital expenditure.
- Directed team of performance engineers’ in collection of network performance and growth data, development of meaningful KPI / KCI metrics, warehousing metric data, process automation, web based on - line engineering reports and executive reports, dashboards and other solutions that help engineering and executive management meet annual corporate goals. SQL, SAS, SSRS, Java Script, C#, MVC, Unix and Lenox are the primary warehouse and reporting tools.
- Managed geographically dispersed teams using collaboration tools.
Senior Lead Engineer Intelligent Network Services
- Train and lead team of 4 translation engineers.
- Design and translate Intelligent SS7 and CAMEL network.
- Design and translate Cingular national SS7 network.
- Collaborate with IP engineers on LAN/WAN, firewall and load balance solutions.
- Collaborate with lead engineers on land line switching solutions to support service needs.
- Manage design and measure performance of Ericsson services network.
Senior Lead Engineer Product Realization
- Technical Project Manage and Lead Engineer for deployment of new cellular based network services from concept to FOA.
- Collaboration with labs, marketing, vendors and executive management to define new network service solutions.
- Technical expert representative on supply chain negotiations and contracts.
- Engineering lead on GSM Services, Wireless Portability, UMTS, Paging, Voice Mail Service, SMS Platforms (SMSC) and GAIT (GSM ANSI Interoperability).
- Attend and contribute to ANSI IS41 industry technical forms.
RF Engineer / Project Manager
- Dual role as project manager and RF Engineer.
- Job was to design network, procure materials, labor and sites, project manage and build turnkey RF wide area simulcast networks for customer.
- Deploy point to multipoint satellite and 72MHz data links.
- Contract and manage 150 antenna system deployment contractors.
- Purchase materials for deployment of transmitters and antenna systems.
- Able to test and repair equipment failures in the field.
Final Test Engineer
- Factory test, troubleshoot, repair and tune VHF, UHF and 900MHz low power transmitters.
- Able to read schematics, troubleshoot and repair, and skilled use of Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Signal Generator and DMM.
- Support sales team working with customer on design of wide area RF simulcast networks.