- An Electrical Protection & Control Engineer accomplished with professional experience of 9.5+ years in Design, Engineering, Testing commissioning and Asset information Management, Planning, Production and Project Planning & Management.
- I am having ECI experience ranges from 120VAC to 440kVAC & DC systems as well as engineering procurement & construction activities for a wide range of Indian, Russian & American power industries, combined cycle plants, chemical & food process facilities.
- Planning & Execution, Project Planning using Primavera & excel.
- Electrical equipment sizing calculation & Design Calculations by Excel/Software.
- Preparation of specification for the electrical equipment’s
- Knowledge in IEEE, IS / IEC codes & NEC Guidelines.
- Beginner level in ETAP 12.5, AutoCAD - 2004, Smart Plant Electrical & Instrumentation
- Preparation & Checking of Layouts(Non Drafting)
- Production planning & control six sigma & Shop Floor management, 5S techniques.
- Giving site support for any design related issues & Asset Information Management.
Domain: Power Industry /Oil & Gas / Chemical/ Food, EHV / HV & LV Sub-stations
Tools: ETAP 12.5, AutoCAD LT-2017, Smart Plant Electrical & Instrumentation
Tools /DB/Packages: Primavera 6.0 (Certification course), MS Access (Intermediate)
Programming/Simulation Tools: MATLAB, C & C++ (No Hands on Experience)
ConfidentialElectrical Support Engineer
- Digital and electro-mechanical relays: SEL-311C, SEL-351s, SEL-451, SEL-421, SEL-321 SEL-411L, SEL-487V, SEL-287V, SEL-487B, SEL-487E, SEL-387, SEL-587, SEL-787.
- Relay point array (RPA), fault current calculations, voltage drop, battery sizing, protection coordination, load flow analysis.
- Project scoping, design (schematics & wiring) and execution, material ordering.
Electrical Support Engineer
- Develop generation and transmission line systems and fault protection systems
- Ensure reliability and safety of line systems
- Develop various studies and designs relating to Protection and Control of the client’s electric substation.
- Modify existing schematics (i.e. develop relay line based on AC or DC schematics)
- Submit BOM (Bills of Material) to procurement department
- Use MathCAD to calculate and program setting into Schweitzer relays
- Work closely with other Technical Operations Groups
- Electric Distribution Engineers
- System Planning
- Generation Services and Marketing in assisting with a wide variety of technical issues
- Working on vendor drawings submittals for electrical & mechanical equipment
- Executing electrical equipment contracts.
- Creating equipment, cables & terminations schedules. Developing Electrical One-lines & three-lines.
Electrical Support Engineer
- Worked on various Engineering Specification Packages, (One-Lines, Three-Lines, Schematics, Interconnects), generating Cable Schedule, Cable Estimation, Junction Box Location, Cable tray routing, studying PIDs and Generating Instrument list. ETAP analysis for Load flow, Short Circuit, Motor Starting (Used existing ETAP Model for analysis) and Duct Bank Heating.
- Design Checking, and more.
On-Site Electrical Engineer
- Responsible for Final review of design documents before submission to client.
- Work closely with other project streams to identify electrical needs and monitor changes if any, E&I BOQ estimation report preparation and GAP analysis and Supervise electrical contractors.
- Preparation of One Line Diagram, Basic and detailed Engineering.
- Preparation of specifications for various equipment such as Switch yard items, Transformers,Distribution Boards, UPS, DG set (Data sheet) and Bulk items (Cabling, Lighting, Grounding etc.,).
- Preparation of Electrical Cost Estimation, Monitoring the schedule and Man Hour Control.
- Cable Tray Layout, As-Built and contract close outs. Vendor Co-ordination. Selection of HT & LT Cables as per cable sizing calculation (Short Circuit & voltage drop), Selection of cable accessories like Cable gland & Lugs.
- Three Line Diagram and schematics by referring vendor documents. As-Built- redline pick-ups from construction team to update One Line
- Three Line Diagram and schematics.
- Checking P&ID, preparing taglist for various instruments, valves, motors, Skids & other large equipment’s.
- Checking cable details and other attributes for preparing complete Tag register. Preparing tag list with all the technical details for tag register.
- Preparing parent-child tag list, used for maintenance issue.
- Power & Control cable writing then posted to site for site co-ordination.
- Installation 400kV Switch Yard and 220kV Switch Yard Equipment’s as per online and other related drawings.
- Installation and scheme checking of Control, Relay & Event logger Panels.
- Power & Control cabling of 400kV & 220kV EHV XLPE Cables, 1.1kV PVC as per engineering documents.
- Battery Chargers & Battery Bank, Installation of Fire Protection System acquired Engineering of FPS.
- Installation & Commissioning of HVAC.
- Responsible for Technical clarification to the customer during FAT’s, Handling technicians, electricians, supervisors assigning task using shift,
- Skill Management- Manpower management as per their skill for all three shifts, Measurement of ratio, resistance, phase sequence, MBT, BDV, HRT etc.