- To obtain a position as a Network Engineer for a medium to large size Enterprise Network.
- Extensive knowledge of routing technologies including OSPF and BGP. Basic and advanced configuration knowledge within the Cisco IOS, Arista EOS, and Juniper JUNOS. Intermediate to advanced configuration and troubleshooting knowledge of the Netscaler Load Balancer, the Gigamon network tap, 5520 - 5580 Cisco ASA’s, and various Arista/Brocade/Juniper and Fortinet network platforms.
- Experienced in large-scale datacenter deployments and migrations from various network platforms and technologies such as BGP and EVPN. Deployed application centric networks in highly available fashions using things such as F5 GTM/LTM, VPC/MLAG.
- Designed and implemented a data center migration strategy which took two sites that were in layer-2 connected hot/cold model and moved to a fully routed BGP hot/hot model. Provided very detailed documentation on traffic flow, expected behavior, and steps to take during maintenance such as software upgrades, or router replacements.
- Migrated from a Brocade layer-2 converged core, to an Arista spine/leaf architecture using EVPN and VXLAN. This provided active/active network availability for critical applications such as 911 and connectivity to other state and federal law enforcement agencies. Datacenters in this model can use tools such as maintenance mode in Arista, which using the GSHUT BGP attribute, will allow the graceful removal of traffic off of a particular device. This ensures that when devices are rebooted/upgraded, there is zero impact to end-users or applications.
- Mentored and guided a team of network engineers on lower level projects such as wireless upgrades and ongoing maintenance. Oversaw and provided strategy and guidance for the team’s campus and remote site switches from end-of-life Cisco switches to Juniper EX4300, while also moving from OSPF to BGP for routing back to the data centers.
- Provided senior management with go forward strategies on how network tools should be deployed to provide the best visibility and lower MTTR during incidents. POC'ed several tools such as NetBrain/Extrahop, and oversaw upgrades and optimizations of the current SolarWinds deployment using modules such as NPM/NCM.
Senior Network Engineer
- Coordinated, and executed company initiative to move from a Cisco proprietary network (6500 and FWSM), to one of HPE, including Comware and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the campus wireless solution which consisted of Aruba wireless LAN controllers, and nearly one thousand AP’s.
- Advised and provided network visibility and optimization, by implementing standardized spanning-tree configurations, and network monitoring tools such as NetBrain, and SolarWinds
- Routing protocols used: OSPF/EIGRP
- Responsible for the lab network infrastructure that supports Confidential security operations business. Provided network connectivity for business critical and revenue impacting applications such as the Windows App store, and security services which triage security events that result in Windows updates.
- Installed monitoring software SolarWinds to poll and track bandwidth utilization and status of lab network devices.
- Devices in my area of responsibility include Cisco Nexus 7010, 3064, 3048, FortiGate 300C and 1000C, FortiAuthenticator.
- Routing protocols used: BGP
- Responsible for the Data Centers that support Confidential Studios published games to include Halo and Gears of War. This includes installation, upgrades, maintenance, and on-call for immediate issues related to network infrastructure within our control.
- Deployed many WAN optimization solutions to connect to partner publishing studios utilizing IPSEC over internet and Steelhead appliances.
- Devices in my area of responsibility include Cisco Nexus 7010, 3064, 3048, Cisco ASA 5520/5580/5525- X, Riverbed Steelhead 6050/2050/755
- Routing protocols used: BGP, OSFP, EIGRP
- Responsible for the design and implementation of Confidential IPSEC manufacturing cloud.
- Documentation of company network standards to include Visio and SOP creation.
- Devices in my area of responsibility include Cisco Nexus 3048, FortiGate 300C, 100D, 1000C, ForitManager, FortiAuthenticator, etc.
- Routing protocols used: BGP, OSFP