- 34 Year information technology professional with specialized expertise in project management and technical system management 31 Years on IBM AS/400 and ISeries. Accustomed to working with business leaders and technical resources at all levels of an organization.
Retail Systems Manager
- Maintain all Island Pacific scheduled jobs and update as needed.
- Managed monthly and annual production data retention and data purging and reorganization to maintain database size and response times.
- Designed and implemented an automated item and purchase order definition process from warehouse system to Island Pacific.
- Facilitated user training sessions with Aptos Promo Events Manager for merchandising staff.
- Liaison between retail staff and IT managers for the fiscal year conversion project.
- Converted, updated and tested all SFTP file interfaces for company merger.
Senior Technical Analyst
- Project manager responsible for supporting a Confidential /CL development team of 11 with special/periodic projects. Performed production incident assignment to team members and assisted with resolution of production incidents.
- Determined requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, integration, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of corporate Island Pacific system modifications.
- Communicated daily with operations center, headquarters and store personnel regarding incident resolution. Managed all change management tasks for development team to meet audit requirements.
- Oversaw annual file reset project with 500 step multi day plan involving entire development team and user teams globally. Maintained accountability for Turnover source/object management and audit compliance for development team. Performed periodic production data refresh for all test environments.
- Managed weekly, monthly and annual production data retention and data purging and reorganization to maintain database size and response times. Assigned production incidents to team members using Service Now Incident Management. Served as the remote job scheduling manager for entire team across all production environments using Robot and Control M.
- Managed conversion of production jobs from Robot to Control M. Managed task plan and execution of annual Disaster Recovery test for all Island Pacific production systems. Trained and team advisor for Rational Developer for I (RDI) User for over 12 years.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Performed complete range of project development activities of corporate systems including Item Inquiry, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Credit Cards, Check Writing, and Merchandising. Created web based processes to upload data from Excel spreadsheets to iSeries files.
- Developed a system to maintain specific merchandise assortments in different sized stores. Enhanced and simplified security access and history logging of purchase information. Designed and developed object control software to manage receiving software installations into global systems.
- Created interface applications between legacy systems and new Island Pacific enterprise system. Modified Island Pacific Confidential applications for unsupported requirements. Managed a project for conversions of vendors and country home offices in 6 different countries in Confidential to the Confidential currency while monitoring and adjusting project deliverables throughout the project life cycle.
- Communicated daily with colleagues throughout the world to support global systems. Automated a system to detect orders in violation of shipping agreements and would create appropriate back charges based on severity of violation.