- Experienced systems generalist with strong capabilities in hardware, the Unix operating system, programming, and system & database administration.
- At this point I am interested in programming.
- I have steadily programmed to automate and perfect my work my entire IT career in (somewhat chronologically) Basic (1973), HP - 45, PL/1, 360 Assembler, 6502 Assembler, Forth, AppleWriter WPL, Cobol, C, Q&A, Dbase III, FilePro, Lotus 123, Business Basic, Xenix/Unix/AIX/HP-UX/Linux tools, TCL/Tk/Expect, Perl, Oracle SQL, HTML, WLST, etc.
Software installation and programming: Lotus 123, Quattro, Multiplan, Visicalc, Xenix utilities, WordStar, WordPerfect, PFS Professional Series, Scripsit, Q&A, FilePro, FoxBase, DBase II/III/IV, Real World Acctg, VersaCad, Procomm, etc.
Hardware and O/S installation and programming: SCO Xenix/UNIX, PC/MS-DOS, Tandy 6000 Xenix, Windows 286/386, Gem, TRSDOS, LDOS, CP/M, Apple II DOS 3.3 (for TrackStar CoProcessor Board).
Programming Languages: C, Bourne Shell, Q&A Programming, MS-DOS Batch, DBase II/III/IV, FilePro Processing, Basic, and Spreadsheet Macros.
CTR App Engineering
- Assist with the daily report processes including eFile reports, AutoSys work requests, change records, Ad Hoc reporting to support the business eFile preparation.
- Also progressing in knowledge of Actimize applications.
- Assist in maintaining the Active Directory groups used for accessing various.
- Assist with updating the application as guided by other CTR App Eng members.
- Developed general database xlsx report generation tool with Perl DBI and Excel::Writer modules.
National App Support
- National Application Support supports applications based on Oracle, Mysql, SQLServer, and Sybase, Weblogic, Java, shell, Perl, jython, PL/SQL, SQLPlus, Linux, VMWare, Android, IOS, ant Windows Server.
- I have created tools in C, Perl, Expect, shell, SQLPlus, and the Cygwin tool set to enable and automate our work, including programs to automate SOAP requests, bypassing the need for SOAPUI.
- Implementation and administration of the Confidential web portal to applications accessed by Confidential customers.
- This is a conversion from a Sun One web server and ldap based application to an Oracle Fusion Middleware based proxying system that uses Weblogic, OID, OVD, OIM, OAM, and OHS (Oracle HTTP Server).
- The database is Oracle 11G using OID to present user information with LDAP.
- I've been instrumental in the Shell, Perl, and WLST programming for system starts and stops as well as monitoring.
- Our team is responsible for all the Change Management processes for implementing maintenance and new releases in partnership with the developers, DBA's, and Linux SA's.
- Production support for multiple enterprise systems related to Confidential 's prepaid products. Included Oracle database query tuning, SOAP services administration and troubleshooting, and administration of WebLogic based applications.
- Provided programming for the management of the application filesystems for the Call Detail Records from the wireless telephony switches, programming to automate multiple manual processes, and the creation of various tools used by several others on the team.
- I've perfected the use of Cygwin to bring Linux-like capabilities to Windows workstations and several Windows servers, including setting up OpenSSH servers on the Windows based computers enabling simpler, lower bandwidth management and application enhancement.
- I'm the primary Unix skilled person on our team and provide some Oracle expertise from my past DBA experience.
- Production support for multiple bank applications related to card based benefits and funding programs for both government and private organizations.
- This included work with the Oracle databases, the file transfer processes, the operating systems, and the applications.
- Had become involved with the using Oracle Golden Gate to perform ETL from the Tandem based OLTP card authorization systems to an Oracle data warehouse running on Sun.
- General application production support on the N-Tiered information sytems related to the maintenance of Confidential 's outside network facilities.
- Included work with Weblogic, Informix, CEM ( Confidential API), SSL Certs, SSH Tunneling, scripting with ksh, Perl, and Expect.
- Have simplified and increased performance of several of the various application control scripts.
- Have automated the distribution of ssh public keys across large sets of servers.
- Have automated the changing of passwords across our groups supported servers.
- Have helped train new personnel in the groups duties.
- Have been instrumental in training some peers on aspects of Unix.
Oracle Database Admin
- Oracle DBA on the production billing and test/dev DBA teams administering various databases in the Confidential Samson Billing System.
- Provided Unix systems admin expertise for the team.
- Programmed several procedures for archiving oracle and O/S critical items such as stored procedures/functions and LVM configuration.
- Unix Systems Administrator mainly administering HP-UX systems.
- Administered the local SAN until a separate SAN team was formed. Installed and administered the middleware and third party software for the test, development and DRP servers for the Samson Billing System as well as many other applications.
- Among these Unix hosted applications were Remedy, SAP and PeopleSoft. Provided 24X7 Unix admin and systems programming support.
Unix Systems Admin
- Administered several HP Unix systems for Confidential, assisting the DBA's in maintaining the stability of the systems.
- This was a time just before the transition of the systems from Tampa to Dallas.
- Both the Confidential and Confidential personnel knew that I was still pursuing a position closer to home.
- We were both surprised when a better position with VoiceStream/ Confidential came up fairly quickly.
Unix Systems Admin
- Contracted to IBM performing UNIX system administration and systems programming for Eckerd Corporation.
- Worked on AIX, HP-UX, Sequent Dynix, and NCR UNIX (MP-RAS) systems.
- Worked with older SCSI connected EMC disk arrays and the EMC software used to manage the arrays.
- Primary team member with programming skills using C, perl, ksh, Tcl/Tk, Expect, and the usual set of Unix tools such as sed, awk, join, find, etc.
Sr Systems Programmer
- Performed Unix system installation, administration, and systems programming for several hundred HP-UX and AIX hosts, both local to the Tampa data center and in remote locations.
- Designed and implemented several support and monitoring tools.
- Worked as one of the two primary team resources for ksh, perl, Expect, Tcl/Tk, C, awk, sed, etc.,
- Created a simple groupware tool for online multi-point team communications using Tcl/Tk before the common availability of IM clients .
- Programmed and supported the application on the team for Confidential 's Automated Work Assignment System (AWAS).
- Maintained programming on the statistics reporting section of AWAS using C and Informix's CISAM Libraries.
- Did programming and system configuration for the AWAS application support personnel.