To work with an IT company, which strongly believes in quality and professionalism, as a UNIX Linux Administrator, where my potential and skills will be utilized in the true sense ensuring companies as well as personal growth.
- Experience in System design and UNIX Administration of Red Hat, SUSE, Ubuntu, Solaris & VMware.
- Worked on Various Migration, Consolidation, Installation, High Availability and disaster Recovery Solutions.
- Expertise *NIX OS patching for vulnerability and security compliance
- Implemented jumpstart and Kick start for Solaris and Linux
- Performed Storage migration from EMC VMAX to IBM SVC on Solaris & Linux
- Experience on DHCP, DNS, FTP, LDAP, NFS, NTP
- Experience on ZFS Snapshots and Zpool data set configuration
- Experience in implementing Clusters and Storage with SAN & NAS
- Active Directory authentication for SSO with Centrify, Quest, Kerberos
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud computing
- Good Analytical and troubleshooting skills for OS performance issues.
- Analysis, Troubleshooting and performance upgradation of Linux systems
Operation System: Red Hat 6, 7 SUSE & Ubuntu, Solaris 9, 10, 11
Cluster: Confidential Cluster & Sun Cluster
Automation: Ansible playbook, Morpheus, HPSA
Volume Manager: Confidential Volume Manager (5.1 & 6.0), LVM & SVM
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Cacti, Egmonitor, Unicenter
Virtualization: Solaris Zones & LDOMs, VMware
Hardwares: T5120, T5240, M5000, V880, V890, E4500, V480, V490, Confidential Proliant DL 380, DL 385, DL 585
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
Sr. UNIX Linux Infrastructure Engineer
- Experience on designing, implementing and supporting Linux in enterprise - level organizations
- Supporting RHEL 6/7 for self-managed servers in a high-speed low-latency network and supporting OS for Lab environment which includes 1500+ Linux VMs.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities for vulnerability remediation; perform standard system maintenance
- Responsible for Server deployment, Incident resolution, change management and internal customer support.
- Troubleshooting and resolving Linux server technical issues related to engineering infrastructure
- Experience setting up, configuring and administrating server virtualization technologies
- Registered new servers on RedHat satellite with subscription manager and activation keys
- Experience on Websphere application servers Jboss, Apache and Tomcat installation and configuration
- Worked with Asset discovery team to replace CMDB with Tanium Discovery and Confidential data platform (Asset repository)
- Implemented SVM (Software Vulnerability Manager), Carbon Black security software in all self-managed servers
- Manage and maintain monitoring to ensure uptime and SLA levels
- Create and peer review knowledgebase articles and product documentation
- Engineering experience and worked for POC with respect to Ubuntu 16.04.3
- Willing and able to learn new technologies
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Manage large scale Linux server environments: handling Linux environment, including deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring, security hardening, trouble shooting and production operations
- Handled critical incidents via escalation procedure and restoring the service back.
- Maintain DR consistency within IT and ensure adherence to corporate DR plans
- Responsible for the maintenance of established Service Level Agreements with clients and partners including after-hours or on-call work as necessary
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of Confidential clustering
- Performed Storage migration from EMC VMAX to IBM SVC on Solaris & Linux environment
- Installed recommended and cluster patches on Sun servers and Firmware upgradation
- Configured Solaris zones using ZFS for data File systems
- Worked with Vendor to provide support for hardware replacement including Hard disk, Motherboard, Memory & CPU
- Worked on Single sign-on with AD authentication for Centrify
- Involved on Data center activity for IBM frame movement from Old to New data center
- Interacted with client on daily & weekly operation calls and providing the updates.
- Installed latest Patches for security bugs and relevant platform specific packages in standalone & Cluster servers
- Managed Disk Partition using Confidential volume manager & LVM.
- Package management using rpm & yum
- Provided RCA on critical issues using problem management process
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- SME for Linux and Solaris OS patching in accordance with security compliance.
- System administration of Solaris 10 & 11 and responsible for making sure that we are achieving SLA and targets given to us by the client.
- Responsible for providing solutions towards Vulnerability remediation. ( Confidential )
- Responsible for providing technical help to the team members also working on critical and escalated issues.
- Worked closely with client in identifying defects in the environment and providing remediation plan for same.
- Worked on Confidential Cluster Server incidents and Changes & Problem Tickets
- NTP Client configuration update in all UNIX Servers.
- Supported from UNIX side and worked with DB & Storage team to perform SAP QA refresh activity in every quarter
- Server performance monitoring using EG monitoring tool
- Involved on SAP data migration from Solaris to Linux environment.
- Performed OS upgrade on Red Hat Linux from 5.x to 6.4 version
- Decommissioned of unused Physical Servers and released the Storage.
- Experience with UFS to ZFS file system conversion
- Performing Confidential Cluster installation and configuration for High availability
- Involved on Storage migration project for migrating data from NetApps to Hitachi Storage.
- Managing AD user for single sign-on authentication using Quest application in all UNIX servers.
- Having knowledge and configured the TPAM (Total Privileged Access Management) for access and password management.
- Experience with Tumbleweed support to perform SFTP migration from physical appliances to Virtual servers.
- Prepare the documentation upon the completion of any UNIX projects and keep update in SharePoint.
- Update the UNIX inventory & KEDB document and uploaded in Shared link.
Principal Infrastructure Engineer
- Installed Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x & SUSE Linux 10, 11 in physical as well as virtual machines
- Supported various level of troubleshooting and configuration of VXVM, VCS Cluster.
- OS root mirroring used SVM or VXVM as well as detaching the mirror disks for the maintenance activities.
- Managed disks, volume groups, file system and assigned LUNs.
- Troubleshot for any disk failures or performance issues.
- Network file system: Configured NFS server & clients.
- Performed change management activities on Linux servers and adhered to the change window timings.
- Created virtual servers using LDOM and managing primary & guest domains.
- Experience in supporting and maintenance of IBM HACMP on AIX 5.3/6.1
- Disk pool creation and file system management using ZFS.
- Performed file system creation extending the file systems using Linux Volume Manager online.
- Installed and configured HPUX & HPVM host and created guest VMs, then deployed from Ignite Server.
- Dynamic root disk management for OE migration on Confidential -UX.
- Involved on production datacenter environment to solve client issues and backend support to users.
- Troubleshot hardware and software related problems by analyzing system logs.
- Onsite Experience: Six months onsite experience in Confidential - Sydney, Australia for data centre implementation.